AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-23, 16:50   Link #123
Frontier

Glad to hear it !
Old 2024-06-23, 20:52   Link #124
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm glad this show has a second season coming. It was pretty fun all things considered .

Again things went as expected. Rietz was a pretty poor commander since he willingly charged into that situation and was losing troops left and right. If these weren't silly traps and instead deadly ones maybe he would have changed his mind. Credit to him regardless that his superhuman abilities almost got the win even despite being severely outmaneuvered. Still, he can power through most things, but the troops with him aren't superhuman. At least he does have enough humility to recognize the defeat and know that he's got room to improve.

And it was a good learning experience for Rosell. Maybe if he could command from a far distance that'd be one thing. But it's probably unavoidable for him to be closer to the fighting in order to adjust tactics or direct people. If he's closer to the fighting then he's in more danger. Doesn't need to be a combat maniac. But he does need to be able to keep himself alive. If he's alive then he can keep his soldiers alive.

Props to Mireille. Her strategy was top notch and she even managed to pull out a win despite elements like Rietz being even more incredible than expected. And she did motivate her troops well. Just because they are weaker doesn't mean it's fun to be looked down on by the veteran soldiers. Fueling their desire to score a win and get back at them paid off nicely.

And her stance is actually pretty sensible. If Ars wants to avoid wars and keep his realm safe then he'll constantly be at the disadvantage while others rule over him. If he can rise to the top then he's got more options. Certainly with his ability to find diamonds in the rough it's not impossible. And it's a chance to fulfill the thought thrown out there by his father. Can look down on his son with ease if he sees him rise that far.

Honestly this was better than expected. Even if it's a fantasy show that clearly just used isekai to get itself started I had a great time . Can't wait to see how far things go with the next season .
Old 2024-06-23, 22:49   Link #125
Alchemist007
*Author

Your average decent isekai fantasy, some fun characters.

7/10
Old 2024-06-23, 23:21   Link #126
Frontier

This is my new favorite "Isekai that didn't even need to be Isekai" .
Old Yesterday, 00:23   Link #127
magnuskn

It was fun, overall, but that we never got farther than "everybody recruited!" got on my nerves at the end. 7/10, still looking forward to the coming season, which hopefully will be a bit more than collecting more pokepeople.
Old Yesterday, 01:46   Link #128
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

You do have to wonder how Mireille maintained that superb athleticism (being able to outrun Rietz while carrying Ars) with her lifestyle.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:38   Link #129
DolFunDolphinVtuber

I liked this anime a lot more than I expected.
I liked the mix of seriousness real life things and comedy, there were a lot of funny moments.
Ars, his family and everyone he recruited are good people.
I definitely want to see a 2nd season of this.
DolFunDolphinVtuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:24   Link #130
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I guess we'll have to see if the second season will actually interact with the main story or if there will be four more people to collect.
Considering his skill it would be weird if he ever stops collecting people. Its like the isekai version of the 100 waifu series.

Anyway I enjoyed the series overall and will probably watch S2 but its only about a 6/10 to me -- forgettable popcorn isekai.
Old Yesterday, 19:50   Link #131
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Considering his skill it would be weird if he ever stops collecting people. Its like the isekai version of the 100 waifu series.

Anyway I enjoyed the series overall and will probably watch S2 but its only about a 6/10 to me -- forgettable popcorn isekai.
This is basically just a Fire Emblem anime .
Old Yesterday, 22:31   Link #132
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You do have to wonder how Mireille maintained that superb athleticism (being able to outrun Rietz while carrying Ars) with her lifestyle.
lol no doubt. It's a case of God (i.e. the author) willing it I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
This is my new favorite "Isekai that didn't even need to be Isekai" .
Seems to be no shortage of those, heh. I guess it makes it easy as it explains why the character (and thus, us as well) need to learn the basics of the world they live in.

Though it would be nice to see more shows actually leverage it more effectively. I like ones where they aren't cut off from the original world and can make use of it (ala Sasaki to P-chan, Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka o Tamemasu, Takarakuji De 40-Oku Atattandakedo Isekai Ni Ijuu Suru, etc)
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:51   Link #133
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post

Yeah, but at some point the threat on the horizon needs to be dealt with and so far the series has been spending 90% of its time just with him collecting more pokepeople. If the idea is that he should end up as the new emperor, then they need to get to that or that entire storyline will end looking terribly rushed.

Anyway, also looking forward to the second season, but with some caveats, as enumerated above.