AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2024-09-17, 04:55   Link #2001
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
If Izuru won’t make the final volume of Infinite Stratos LN, then who will? Yuuki Homura? I, too, wonder how this whole Infinite Stratos story will end after all these years.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-17, 08:09   Link #2002
BCMan5388

With only one volume left, someone has to finish the job (then again, HOTD, which still isn't even halfway done, still needs a new author to finish the story, and the mangaka's friend who made a vague statement about it "not continuing" does not have the final say; only the publishers do, and so far, they've said nothing (heck, even before the mangaka passed, the publishers hadn't been saying anything about HOTD's future since its delay)).

The show must go on.

Last edited by BCMan5388; 2024-09-19 at 07:39.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-18, 22:53   Link #2003
SILENTANIMELOVER

Highschool of the Dead will stay unfinished. The close friend of the deceased mangaka behind the series insisted it stay that way out of respect for his memory.

As for Infinite Stratos, giving it to another author might be a good idead.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-19, 06:48   Link #2004
BCMan5388

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENTANIMELOVER View Post
Highschool of the Dead will stay unfinished. The close friend of the deceased mangaka behind the series insisted it stay that way out of respect for his memory.

As for Infinite Stratos, giving it to another author might be a good idea.
Hard disagree on HOTD (the mangaka's friend was vague when he insisted (that doesn't mean the publisher that still owns the series (or any publisher that acquires it in the future) will continue to comply); what about respect for the litany of fans who had spent years wanting more since its delay and the end of the first season of the anime?). HOTD needs to be finished to keep the mangaka's memory and legacy alive. There are way too many unanswered questions, such as, will Takashi ever find his family? Where is Alice's mother? Will Takashi go steady with Saeko or Rei, or both? Will Prof. Shidou ever be brought to justice? Will the zombie outbreak ever be stopped, and how?

Many unfinished works of all kinds continued despite the creators' death. The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, and Jeopardy are still around today, even though Mark Goodson, Bill Todman (creators of TPIR) and Merv Griffin (creator of WOF and J!) are no longer with us. Nintendo continued supporting the Game Boy, even after the passing of its creator Gunpei Yokoi. The same company even continued development of the Nintendo Switch even after Satoru Iwata passed on. Why should the mangaka of HOTD (a manga/anime with a strong, loyal and still-ongoing fanbase) be any different? But like IS, HOTD should never have been delayed in the first place.

Infinite Stratos-- Not the least bit worried, seeing as volume 13 is supposed to be the last one.

Whatever happened to "the show must go on"? And fanfiction is no substitute for the real thing.

Last edited by BCMan5388; 2024-09-19 at 07:41.
Old 2024-09-19, 18:07   Link #2005
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMan5388 View Post
Whatever happened to "the show must go on"? And fanfiction is no substitute for the real thing.
I don't give a shit about Infinite Stratos but HOTD continuing with a different writer would be just that: fanfiction. The answers to all the questions you brought would be meaningless because they would never be the real answers. The only reason I'm accepting Berserk continuing is that Miura supposedly told his best friend how the story was going to go, meaning we're still getting his vision. And the original creator's vision is all that matters.

Manga aren't like comic books where writers are interchangeable. Let HOTD, just like his author, rest in peace.
Old 2024-09-19, 19:07   Link #2006
BCMan5388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The answers to all the questions you brought would be meaningless because they would never be the real answers.

Manga aren't like comic books where writers are interchangeable. Let HOTD, just like his author, rest in peace.
As long as they're from an actual publisher, they are real answers, and fans will have closure. We'd just never know what the author had in mind. And what if there actually is an author we don't know about with his exact vision (or close to it) who can finish what he started and carry out his legacy? Continuing with a different writer is better than leaving fans hanging. Still give credit to the original writer, and give his family/estate royalties. I'll be grateful it even finishes at all, even if it gets a bad ending.

HOTD is not dead as long as there's an active fanbase and the story isn't even halfway done. And neither is Infinite Stratos (though this one is almost done). Both had awesome anime (the very reason I got into them in the first place). HOTD even promised a second season at the end of the OVA, even though they still haven't delivered.

And sometimes staff can be interchangeable in any form of media like the TV shows and game consoles I brought up earlier.

But in all honesty, neither HOTD nor IS should have been delayed in the first place while they were still ongoing.

Last edited by BCMan5388; 2024-09-19 at 19:21.
Old 2024-09-19, 22:27   Link #2007
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

HOTD
First of all, even if the author didn't die, I doubt he would have finished the story. Or heck, even continue the story. He had plenty of time to finish and didn't care to do so

Infinite Stratos
It's literally just a harem.
He ends up with a girl. The end. That's all there is to write. Which girl would he end up with is the question, but I wouldn't be surprised if Izuru didn't even think that far.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, hiatus, mecha, not-so-stupid mc, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist