AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-06-20, 22:09   Link #41
Thor's Hammer

From the last few episodes, it looks like this show is about Sakura growing socially and what it means to be a leader, so I think it's nice this show will have some meat to it unlike trash like Tokyo Revengers.

For a cat chase to be so well-animated was a surprise to me. I guess CloverWorks knows when to flex with the sakuga.

I'm convinced that the mangaka will eventually have Kotoha be Sakura's love interest but not before Sakura has gone through a lot of character development (maybe not until his third year in Furin). Kotoha's reaction to Sakura saying, "Man. Is that it?" regarding finding out that Umemiya and Kotoha grew up in the same group home with her surprise turning into a grin coupled by her making it seem like a big deal that Sakura got her contact info in the previous episode suggests to me that she has a bit of a crush on him with Sakura none the wiser.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-27, 20:21   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I respect the fact that they just let this episode roll instead of twist it around to make it work more as a last episode. The story will pick up in season 2 so might as well just set that up.

This was nice. Sakura settling into his role as a leader in class. And I appreciate that he talked to the other friend first and then got the rest of the story after. It let him get settled into this situation.

Now the whole freaking class is bringing a war . This should be fun .

The first season was solid. It's a decent show and I look forward to seeing more of it.
Old 2024-06-28, 02:58   Link #43
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I was stoked for this series in the beginning as it showcased some good old fashioned street fighting, but then talk no jutsu dragged on a bit and I was a bit disappointed.

I get that it was important to the plot to get Sakura to become more socialized and integrated with Furin, and it looks like by episode 13, he's taking on his new role with such poise and decisiveness. Still, he does turn back a bit to his old self when he encounters the girl crying.

This was a nice little wrap up and outlook to the next season. When will it come?
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-30, 03:56   Link #44
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
All in all, this was an okay series. Started off pretty good, but I think the group fight with the other school came too early and took too long. I didn't really care about the characters all that much except Sakura, since he was the only one who had some character development at the time. I moreso enjoyed the one-off episodes, like the recent one that introduces Kiryu versus the one 4-5 ep arc facing the other school they had this season. This slowly lets me get acclimated with the people, learn who they are and what they're about. I liked their class's dynamic and hope in the next season, they'll stick with that more over showcasing multiple Bofurin factions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
Kotoha made it seem like it was a big deal to get her contact info and even referred to herself in third person. I don't know if that will be a hint of anything later down the line.
It means when Ume finds out there will be a 1v1 and the loser has to erase Kotoha's phone number

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote