AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-07-22, 16:55   Link #21
magnuskn

Wow, this show doesn't hold back at all with throwing people in cold water with strange customs and other-world philosophy. It's interesting and I like the MC, but also kinda hard to watch. I hope this is worth it and will be a good show in the end, instead of becoming an incomprehensible mess.
Old 2024-07-29, 12:15   Link #22
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Watched 1-3 consecutively.

I like this. Protagonist with limits and vices but a decent person and wants something that makes sense for their age. World building is intriguing. But if anything was made clear by the 3rd episode, I'm not so sure Sian's motives are as pure. Whatever he wants, he wants Belle to enable it without her being aware. Kitty also seems to be the kind of catalyst character that sets things in motion but not necessarily for the protagonist's benefit.

This certainly wastes no time and reflects Tow's previous works - getting straight to the point, naming conventions, up against it protagonist. There is something refreshing about it and maybe that's why I got into it with relative ease compared to the vast majority of recent material.

Hope this goes somewhere memorable.
Old 2024-08-12, 09:10   Link #23
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

4 and 5. Well...

What a gut punch it was to see the pops being born only to be killed for testing swords (at least one escaped, though...). This world's concept of mermaids is also intriguing.

Adonis certainly adds something interesting to the mix. He is very much a polar opposite of Belle, but not a bad person. His little 'pet' is definitely an interesting one. His ability to morph the swords of others into something he can use runs very contrary to how others operate.

Kitty is definitely a catalyst-like character but not in the strictest sense if he states that he is willing to kill Belle if she runs contrary to what he wants. At least her mentor was able to make Kitty willing to give her a long-term chance.

The 'battle formation' and all felt intentionally absurd. A swipe at the supposed honor/chivalry of combat for that era? Intriguing that both sides utilise it.

Tanziano sure got twisted. But in all honesty, it's true to life and what happens if a person gets so wrapped up in love then can't handle it when it ends.

Adonis and Kitty got to show off some cool stuff in that escape. Benedictine's sudden change in personality to Belle 2.0 was amusing.

And next ep it's time to verse Tanziano.

These eps certainly helped to flesh out characters other than Belle while still giving her enough of the spotlight. And they have definitely made things feel like far more of a struggle than the first few eps, which were mainly bound by the curse. There feels like there's a lot more to go up against.

I get the feeling that as appealing as the world building and its rules are for me, it might be a high barrier of entry for many.
Old 2024-08-12, 10:59   Link #24
magnuskn

The show isn't helped by the writers just throwing weird concepts at the audience and expecting us to just go along with it. It's still interesting, but I really could do with a bit less "The woopenizer wazzozzles the gajingading!" jargon.
Old 2024-08-16, 22:48   Link #25
DolFunDolphinVtuber

I thought the strategy used by Gin & Gywn was almost flawless.
It pretty much worked out how they wanted it to, of course there was going to be a couple of hiccups, but Belle & Adonis defeated Tiziano either way.
Benedictine was resonating and connecting with Belle in the previous episode so the change wasn't too surprising.
DolFunDolphinVtuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-18, 02:32   Link #26
magnuskn

I gotta say, I've been vibing less and less with this show with each episode. At this point, it's basically Adonis show and Belle is just going "Oh, how surprising!" at each unexplainable development. And the fantasy tech babble is overwhelming.
Old 2024-08-24, 19:42   Link #27
Kazu-kun

Belle is so dashing she could probably build a harem of girls if she wanted to. lol

But I guess her love interest is Adonis.
Old 2024-08-25, 06:12   Link #28
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

A cat(boy) is fine too (c)
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-13, 19:14   Link #29
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

S1 was interesting on the whole but I'm hovering between 5/10 and 6/10 and am not sure I'll make it through another 10 episodes. The world building has gone from interesting to sort of tedious and I just don't care that much about Adonis.