AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-06-16, 20:49   Link #161
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its off to a concert with everyone and dont know why Natsuki wearing a pants suit

Kumiko still stuck on what she going to do and Reina going to America

Its good to see Yoroizuka again
Old Yesterday, 15:56   Link #162
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
As for the apology...I thought it was inadequate. Was definitely hoping for too much. But it was kind of the bare minimum they could do while having an apology of any sort. Plus it was extremely restricted to just a few things that she said to Kumiko. It didn't really show much growth or self-awareness of Reina's role in all this. The only thing that will keep this kind of problem from repeating is that we're just about out of episodes.

The hug was fine, it was cute, and that's all good. But the whole thing just left me with a "give me more" feeling.
Yea though I think that was the surprise. The second scene with Kumiko and Reina completes it.

I've always joked about Reina would have immediately ditched Kumiko if she didn't care about music; her care of people is almost proportional to how good they are at whatever Reina cares about, and she actually addressed that which I never really did.

At that point Reina stopped viewing people as objects as idealization as part of her fantasy world. but finally there is someone like Kumiko where she actually cares about as a person.

But to be fair that was only for a brief moment. She's more or less still herself. Though she is still guilty of wasting the show's budget on her gloss and we don't see any actual performances.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:29   Link #163
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yea though I think that was the surprise. The second scene with Kumiko and Reina completes it.

I've always joked about Reina would have immediately ditched Kumiko if she didn't care about music; her care of people is almost proportional to how good they are at whatever Reina cares about, and she actually addressed that which I never really did.

At that point Reina stopped viewing people as objects as idealization as part of her fantasy world. but finally there is someone like Kumiko where she actually cares about as a person.

But to be fair that was only for a brief moment. She's more or less still herself. Though she is still guilty of wasting the show's budget on her gloss and we don't see any actual performances.
A lot of viewers want to see Reina apologizing to Kumiko, and this anime original apology make viewers happy. The author may just want to make the statement: Friendship between female is different from friendship between female and male. Kumiko's friendship with Reina will never be tainted. Despite Reina's lovely girl image is tainted by the plot.

Reina is still self-centered. After the argument, Kumiko overheard about Reina got accepted to an American music school. Kumiko asked why Reina didn't tell her, Reina kind said it was none of Kumiko's business. After their reconciliation, Reina told Kumiko she planned her confession to Taki after her return from America.

About Mizore, she is still lovely and clumsy on people skill. In Liz and Blue BIrd, Mizore tried to be socializing by coming up with the library rental joke. Nozomi is speechless about the dry humor, but she laughed anyway. Mizore's window joke looks awkward to Kumiko. Mizore's jokes about Kumiko not in music school and not in her concert ends up giving an advice to Kumiko. Knowing Mizore, Kumiko is not offended by Mizore's words. It would be different if the words are from Mayu. Neverless, Mizore's best awkward joke is still Happy Ice Cream! Niiyama recognizes Kumiko's potential by advising Kumiko about the music school. Nozomi seems still have admiration to Niiyama. Nozomi's new hairstyle shows Niiyama style Nozomi removes her signature hairband, as her saying goodbye to her past. However, Natuski and Yuko are not. Natsuki wears a Blue Bird tie. Yuki puts on a Blue Bird hairpin. Mizore's running to Nozomi is remade in the End Card. She may look fragile, but her favorite thing is roller coaster ride.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Kumiko's envy toward Azusa mirrors Nozomi's envy toward Mizore. Azusa attended Rikka High, their band members are known for playing "Sing Sing Sing", which requires a lot of effort. When the first year Kumiko encountered Azusa during SunFes, Azusa invited Kumiko to meet old friends from their middle school. Kumiko told Azusa she wanted to break off the tie with them. It may sound like Kumiko goofed again by telling agitating words. Kumiko learned from Shuichi that Azusa attended same level of greatness as Reina. During the collaboration with Rikka High, Kumiko learned it is true. Kumiko became depressed and avoided contatct with Azusa. She thought she was at the same level as Azusa. To Kumiko, Reina is special and she never thought about competing with Reina. Azusa's change and her sitting in the center of Rikka bad members made Kumiko gloomy. Auska cheered up Kumiko by saying what Kumiko lacking is mental readiness, not lacking of Kumiko's music skill. Also, Azusa told Kumiko that she could not image when Kumiko not playing euphonium(It is shame if Kumiko not continue her music career anymore).

Kumiko realizes her discomfort around Mayu is not envy. Kanade enlights Kumiko somehow. Mayu speaks like Kumiko; she speaks wrong expression which agitates Kumiko. Mayu had to move to new location due to her father's work. She chooses Kumiko's school because the school is gaining recognition as competitive. Mayu enjoys time to practice with hard working band members. When Kumiko works hard, it will motivate Mayu to work hard as well. Taki ended up selecting Mayu for the soli. Mayu does't get the soli from her previous school, as her former band members saying Mayu lacks motivation. Kumiko practices alone and is not happy about visit of Mayu and Kanade. After conversation, Kumiko realizes her dislike of Mayu is due to their similarity. Kanade shares her middle school experience with Kumiko. Her former teammate practice many time more than Kanade, but Kanade still plays better, with less mistakes. Kanade's senior ends up eliminating Kanade for slacking off and doing minimal work. Kanade believed in work smart over work hard. Kanade ends up rooting for Kumiko because of Kumiko's hard work. It probably hit hard for Kumiko. To be selected by Taki, Kumiko is going to replay the recorded solit between Mayu and Reina over and over agian.

Last edited by scififan; Yesterday at 21:31.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote