AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-06-02, 12:14   Link #41
Frontier

Ine is weak against horror! She'll chant as many Buddha prayers as she can, lock all the doors, and snuggle up against her hubby to ward off anything spooky !

Mino wants to raise her first apple tree! She's thinking she might want to take over farming from her grandparents! And it gives her something to do with Shouta, and just like an apple tree celebrated her grandparents' marriage, maybe it can mean something special to Shouta and Mino's relationship...like them basically committing to each other? Grandpa and Grandma are so proud !

Mino looks absolutely cute in a yukata, but there's no way she could ler her grandma get away without wearing one, and Ine looks spectacular. Shouzo's definitely getting a little hot and bothered by it .

Hitting the booze with the guys is all well and good...but who in their right mind would miss a festival date with Ine? Especially when deep in her heart, it's what she wanted most of all. From a young age it was drilled into them to not expect or want for much, but now they can really treat each other !

Look at grandpa and grandma being an effective rifle duo! All for the sake of a Haramaki Bear that reminds me Ine of Shouzo .

Well, I guess it's nice that the hourglass let them know how much longer they have left...but Ine only has 7 DAYS!? That can't be right...say it ain't so! Shouzo (and us) can't lose Ine like this !

But the couples good living and good care of a shrine summons the Tochigami, who transfers some of Shouzo's remaining lifespan to Ine. So she lives! And maybe now things have balanced out enough to where they'll both live the same amount of time ?

Shiori thought she was getting asked out to a festival date but instead Satoshi is just regaling her with all the golden apple lore that finally explains where they come from. It all comes down to the love of a married couple! Which is something Shiori wants too, though she's slowly fostering that kind of love with Satoshi, when he treats her right .
Old 2024-06-05, 04:55   Link #42
Lex79

Now I'm really worried, I don't want the series to end with jii sama and baa sama's death. I know they don't have too long to live, Just don't show me.
Old 2024-06-05, 19:20   Link #43
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Now I'm really worried, I don't want the series to end with jii sama and baa sama's death. I know they don't have too long to live, Just don't show me.
Yeah, I've been thinking that, too........ not a fan of downer endings. I've never gotten over the ending of Chrono Crusade and that was like 20 frickin' years ago. Dead serious, I immediately rewatched the ending of Scrapped Princess to pick myself up. lol

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-05, 22:27   Link #44
Alchemist007
*Author

Thing with Chrno Crusade was how sudden the tone shift was, I preferred the relative light heartedness of the events in the first 3/4 of the show.
Old 2024-06-09, 12:11   Link #45
Frontier

Now Ine and Shouzou can properly celebrate Halloween with the grandkids! Mino is a cute witch, but she doesn't hold a candle to how hardcore her grandparents are in scaring people. Truly in the Halloween spirit .

Suddenly this show is Initial D with Shouzou getting into a drifting match in a kei truck with a Tomokazu Seki voiced punk littering around the apple orchard. It's even funnier because Shinichiro Miki was the PROTAGONIST of Initial D, so of course Shouzo doesn't lose and continues the legend of the Ghost Kei truck patrolling the roads and keeping things safe .

Shouzou with a machine gun is VERY popular with the ladies...especially the old ladies, who form their own brigade around him. I don't think Ine would care for his little Harem .

Shouta and Mino get caught in the rain and take refuge at a Jinja, perfect for furthering their relationship and the intimacy between the two of them, though speaking of intimacy...that Jinja was a precious place for Ine and Shouzo, not just because it's where they used to hang out, but it's also where they had their First Time! When Ine basically forced herself on Shouzou because everyone else was getting in the way of their relationship! Way to find out your grandparents banged at a Jinja. Thank you virtual recreation .

Though as far as Mino is concerned, she'd be more than happy if Shouta made a move on HER...but she's willing to get closer to him on her own terms. Who knows what would have happened between these two had Mino not heard her grandparents crawling up the stairs to spy on them .

Nothing beats Ine gathering all the other grandma's to let an old train conductor know he's still appreciated .

Young Ine undressing and showing off that tight shirt...she's not the only one warm !

Next week: New Year's with the family !
Old 2024-06-10, 03:04   Link #46
Alchemist007
*Author

I felt disconnected from the comment by the ticket guy. I could drive to work but I always take the train because traffic is big headache, and takes longer. The reason to use a car is if the train is somehow slower or doesn't go close enough to a destination. Also, this is a gigantic train.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-06-12, 06:28   Link #47
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Yeah, I've been thinking that, too........ not a fan of downer endings. I've never gotten over the ending of Chrono Crusade and that was like 20 frickin' years ago. Dead serious, I immediately rewatched the ending of Scrapped Princess to pick myself up. lol
The funny thing is that Chrono Crusade's downer ending was anime-original, since the manga was still ongoing at the time of airing.

I was rereading the manga sometime ago and its ending was more upbeat compared to the anime; although I don't know if the series is/was popular enough to warrant a a more faithful remake like FMA Brotherhood or Fruits Basket.

(Come to think of it I don't think any of the mangaka's other works have ever gotten anime adaptations.)
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-12, 17:09   Link #48
Alchemist007
*Author

I imagine he had something to do with the anime.

Spoiler for Chrno manga:
Old 2024-06-13, 01:12   Link #49
Lex79

Well, it was fun to see Jii sama doing street races with a truck.
Old 2024-06-16, 12:12   Link #50
Frontier

It's New Year's! Perfect for getting the whole family together and having Shouzou show up his own son in front of Yoshiaki's wife. Poor guy .

They've even got Ine's sister Tsuru! She may be super old, but she's still got a little bit of life still in her! Enough to play a card game and remember getting praised by their mother !

Look at Kousuke strategically being the supportive and massaging great-grandkid for New Year's Money! I hope he enjoys that book gift card .

Ine still has a lot to teach her daughters-in-law, especially when she's Holy Mother Ine, giver of great, life-affirming, advice !

Aw, Kousuke doesn't want to leave grandpa! And grandpa doesn't want to leave Kouske! This is probably the last time they're going to see each other .

But hey, at least things are going really well with Mino and Shouta! Especially when they seem to be taking it seriously that they'll succeed Ine and Shouzou. And they're on a true first-name basis. The grandparents know what's up .

In fact things are going well for the entire family. Shiori is making it into a medical program with Satoshi and his grandparents are gushing over her to her dad, everyone's lives are moving along nicely, all the lives that Shouzou and Ine enriched and made better and happier are moving forward...and all Shouzou and Ine could ask for is to be by each others' side, falling asleep one last time as their sand runs out. RIP Best Grandparents .

Man, I don't even want to think about how Mino and Shouta were the ones who caught them dead like that...especially because they thought they were just sleeping. But at least they died together and happy, that's all they could have wanted .

And 50 years later...grandma Mino and grandpa Shouta's apple orchard grows up to have golden apples of its own! So we can start the whole process over again !
Old 2024-06-16, 16:11   Link #51
Uribatake

Wow, wasn't expecting such a conclusive ending, considering the manga is still ongoing as far as I know, but I appreciate it. Shouldn't that final scene been set later than 50 years from now, though, considering how old Mino and Shouta look?
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-16, 17:36   Link #52
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
Wow, wasn't expecting such a conclusive ending, considering the manga is still ongoing as far as I know, but I appreciate it. Shouldn't that final scene been set later than 50 years from now, though, considering how old Mino and Shouta look?
Manga also got it's final chapter, along with the final episode of the Anime.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-17, 02:26   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
Shouldn't that final scene been set later than 50 years from now, though, considering how old Mino and Shouta look?
Yeah, that part was pretty wacky. They are supposed to be only around 65 years old, and I know 65 generally don't look that old

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-17, 02:52   Link #54
Alchemist007
*Author

While mostly a SOL comedy with quirky faces, it was actually a show about enjoying life while you have it, and didn't always hold back on certain tragedies involved. It was genuine in broadcasting what it was about and didn't hold back on the direction it was going.

9/10
Old 2024-06-17, 11:31   Link #55
Lex79

I hate the author...
Well, it was a nice and fun series about an old couple being given a second chance of enjoying things they missed in their life. They made the most of it, and ended their journey in the best way possible.
Still, I hate the author.
Old 2024-06-17, 22:25   Link #56
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, was surprised to see them go that route with the manga ongoing, but I guess they skipped a whole bunch of chapters to get to the same point.

This was an odd one. Production was obviously dirt cheap to the point of distraction but setting that aside, it was a pretty schizophrenic piece of work. At times quite banal and even squicky. But the essential story of Ine and Shouzou was often genuinely moving. And Shouta and Mino were am extremely winning pair.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-18, 19:22   Link #57
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
squicky
I legit had to Google that.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-18, 22:26   Link #58
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, was surprised to see them go that route with the manga ongoing, but I guess they skipped a whole bunch of chapters to get to the same point.

This was an odd one. Production was obviously dirt cheap to the point of distraction but setting that aside, it was a pretty schizophrenic piece of work. At times quite banal and even squicky. But the essential story of Ine and Shouzou was often genuinely moving. And Shouta and Mino were am extremely winning pair.
It definitely wasn't high-spec animation-wise but I'd say it was pretty serviceable.

I don't think there was anything really squicky outside the initial episode where the granddaughter and daughter-in-law had the hots for grandpa.