AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-06-19, 18:03   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They're putting way too much pressure on Yasumi's shoulders. They pretty much told her the show will be a failure if she delivers a subpar performance. Only the biggest veteran seiyuu wouldn't be crushed under that weight. I'm sorry, but responsibility lies with the staff, they're the ones who cast a relatively inexperienced high schooler in such a key role. Don't be surprised she's crumbling like a cookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I always kinda hated the whole "rivals" trope not to mention how homoerotic it usually plays... though I guess that sort of works in a supposedly yuri work.

I guess the solution to casting the entirely non-villainous Miku Itou as a seiyuu playing a villainous role is to just not show any of her acting. Kind of disappointing but then again the whole series is so that's just one more thing.
I think we're probably going to hear her big performance for her character's final episode, but the character is probably going to go through a redemption so no evil Miku regardless.
Old 2024-06-19, 22:35   Link #62
HandofFate

with the first half of the season focusing on Yuuhi's issues and the 2nd on Utatane. I really don't care about the Yuuhi side at all and forgot she was in it.

and then She asks Yuuhi for help, and she just makes it about herself lol.
Old 2024-06-20, 07:55   Link #63
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They're putting way too much pressure on Yasumi's shoulders. They pretty much told her the show will be a failure if she delivers a subpar performance. Only the biggest veteran seiyuu wouldn't be crushed under that weight. I'm sorry, but responsibility lies with the staff, they're the ones who cast a relatively inexperienced high schooler in such a key role. Don't be surprised she's crumbling like a cookie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
and then She asks Yuuhi for help, and she just makes it about herself lol.
Like at this point aside from the storytelling having driven off a cliff 5 episodes ago -- I'm honestly not sure how I'm supposed to feel about the seiyuu industry after this shit. I saw someone on I think Reddit say seiyuu need a union which sounds about right. Even the director himself can't seem to do anything other than say "once more, with feeling!" This whole scenario seemingly exists to make Yuuhi look useful for once and she even managed to fuck that up.
Old 2024-06-20, 22:35   Link #64
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I'm honestly not sure how I'm supposed to feel about the seiyuu industry after this shit
I think we're good, considering there are so few problems with the seiyuu industry that they are reusing the same drama over and over again, in just 1-cour

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-20, 23:41   Link #65
HandofFate

don't even really see the industry problem here. She's a rookie with barely any roles, so of course she's gonna struggle. Everyone is already spending extra time with everyone else going overtime on their scheduled sessions to help her. They gave her the role so I guess they have some responsibility, but that's only because the director is detail oriented and noticed something. Any other one would actually pass her by and she fail yet another audition. But they can't do everything for her. If she couldn't do it, well that just means she does suck lol.

Just annoying that we seen Yuuhi say she's impressed by her voice acting, and even the times we seen her 'do a good take' it still sounds terrible
Old 2024-06-21, 00:15   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Just annoying that we seen Yuuhi say she's impressed by her voice acting, and even the times we seen her 'do a good take' it still sounds terrible
Anime: "Her acting is amazing!" @One of the veteran characters
Me: ????

Anime: "She sure knows what she is doing" @One of the veteran characters
Me: ??????

Anime: "Her voice acting is different from before" @Protagonist
Me: ??????????

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2024-06-21, 17:37   Link #67
fukarming

The show failed to show us why Yuuhi would consider Yasumi as her seiyuu rival. There may be things Yuuhi wants to be more like Yasumi like her attitudes and stuff but in terms of seiyuu talent/ skill the two are at least 2-3 levels apart from the story.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-22, 00:33   Link #68
larethian

Quote:
Like at this point aside from the storytelling having driven off a cliff 5 episodes ago -- I'm honestly not sure how I'm supposed to feel about the seiyuu industry after this shit. I saw someone on I think Reddit say seiyuu need a union which sounds about right. Even the director himself can't seem to do anything other than say "once more, with feeling!" This whole scenario seemingly exists to make Yuuhi look useful for once and she even managed to fuck that up.
Seiyuu does have a union. They belong to the same union as regular actors, including those who do theatre.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-26, 09:41   Link #69
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Well that was just a painfully mediocre series overall. Gyaru X plainy is one of my favorite yuri ships and I still can barely stand these two. For now I have it at 5/10 and that feels overly generous.
Old 2024-06-26, 12:39   Link #70
HandofFate

I dunno, I guess the voice acting was just in the end ok? lol.
Not much to write about this, going to give this a 6/10
Old 2024-06-26, 17:57   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought Miku Ito did a great job voicing the villain. I was surprised. Perhaps this will open new doors for her. On the other hand, Moe Toyota's performance was really flat, and I'm not sure that was intended. She was mediocre the entire season. I had to look her up because I had no idea who she was and... yeah. I'm afraid she's one of those seiyuu they talk about who will never get a big break. I had assumed she was a newbie but she's been in the business for almost 10 years, with her most notable role being that one girl from Euphonium no one really cares about.

Anyway, as for the show itself, it needed more yuri. The bait was good though. I loved how Yuuhi ended up commenting that she loved Yasumi's big boobs on the radio. She may hate the person (right), but she's in love with those boobs.

6/10, it was alright. Lots of stupid moments, but some fun ones to balance things out.
Old 2024-06-26, 20:54   Link #72
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
I had assumed she was a newbie but she's been in the business for almost 10 years, with her most notable role being that one girl from Euphonium no one really cares about.
Both of them have a lot of credits from the multimedia projects (BanG Dream, Idolm@ster, etc.) and they have a music duo together as well. I've noticed that a lot of the multimedia project seiyuu kind of tend to stay in their lane, I'm not really sure why.
Old 2024-06-26, 22:41   Link #73
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Moe Toyota's performance was really flat, and I'm not sure that was intended. She was mediocre the entire season. I had to look her up because I had no idea who she was and... yeah. I'm afraid she's one of those seiyuu they talk about who will never get a big break. I had assumed she was a newbie but she's been in the business for almost 10 years, with her most notable role being that one girl from Euphonium no one really cares about.
Hey! I like Sapphire. She's been woefully underused since Season 1, though.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-27, 01:16   Link #74
Alchemist007
*Author

Seiyuu anime is always interesting to me, to get to see some of the creation process in the making of. This one had some highs such as the mental hurdles, rivalry, and inner workings with the staff. There were also some odd things like the bet with the mother, the bathing scenes, and the weird blonde girl. All in all, entertaining, especially the finale.

7/10
Old 2024-06-27, 01:34   Link #75
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

Old 2024-06-27, 02:54   Link #76
DolFunDolphinVtuber

An excellent episode to end with.
Great to see that the hard work paid of for Yasumi
I enjoyed the chemistry she had with Yuuhi throughout the episodes.
I would like to see a 2nd season for this.
DolFunDolphinVtuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-27, 08:38   Link #77
larethian

Quote:
Both of them have a lot of credits from the multimedia projects (BanG Dream, Idolm@ster, etc.) and they have a music duo together as well. I've noticed that a lot of the multimedia project seiyuu kind of tend to stay in their lane, I'm not really sure why.
There are just too many voice actors. There are only so many anime in a season, and those who are able to land anime roles and foreign show dubbing roles are like cream of the crop. They have to build their base early (for recurring roles) since fresh faces and voices are always desired (and they are also cheaper at lower ranks, since the ranking system pretty much ensures progressive wages just by being active in the industry, which was sort of mentioned in this show). There are other work other than anime roles. Matsuoka Yoshitsugu once mentioned some years ago that young talent have an 'easier' time to live as a VA in recent years due to the large number of game recordings these days. (easier in quotes, since it's relative, and in truth, it's still hard).

On the whole, show was underwhelming other than the start. It also had an underwhelming ending episode; the wow factor was really lacking. Seiyuu's life was a much more interesting seiyuu show.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-27, 16:49   Link #78
KitsuKyouno

The only important is that they recognized yuri bussiness in this industry
all the drama could had been short in one episode
Old 2024-06-28, 10:25   Link #79
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?