AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-06-30, 08:39   Link #141
Frontier

So many lives have been lost in the battle against Peltrola...but now it all comes down to a showdown between Fighter D and Blue Keeper, a Dragon Keeper vs a Monster to decide everything .

13 years ago the Fighters were created, to serve as grunts for the Boss Monsters and be used accordingly, but never to have a true life of their own, and that didn't change when the Dragon Keepers destroyed most of the Boss Monsters and took over. D was never satisfied, and didn't feel the need to follow the group that went to look for the remaining Boss Monsters (to the point where XX was calling him a coward even back then), but he still had one thing...his pride as a monster .

Oh hey, even D got to play a monster on the Sunday Showdown! Cool monster design !

D has Burst Mode and his wily ways but does he really have a chance against Blue Keeper? Even severely wounded he still has the power of a God at his side with his Divine Artifact and D is still punching wayyyyy above his weight class .

D will pretend to be your subordinate but he draws the line at taking hostages .

Would D have won? Probably not, but he distracted Blue Keeper enough for one last Peltrola to shoot him in the neck, killing him. And Aoshima dies with his dreams unfulfilled and as he lived...in-between justice and evil, which he accepts. D's victory feels hollow, especially when XX leaves with Peltrola because she just doesn't know how to live without the Boss Monsters .

I should've known all Red would care about is that their victory pose is off without Aoshima, you piece of @#$% .

Well, the cadets are going to be ranked up but it feels kind of off with Ishikawa dead, even if he went out a hero. But at least Ranmaru is alive! Though D has to grapple with moving up a rank when his teammates are even more resolved to kill him and those like him .

Hisui...really doesn't seem like she's cut out for PR but bless her for trying her best .

So there's definitely some kind of organization trying to undermine the Dragon Keepers and Suzukiri might be involved with them. And now Tokita is in on it and has Red's cartridge because he wants Red's job, which means he's willing to work with Suzukiri to a point. And she can have access to Blue's Divine Artifact now so she's happy .

D is still resolved to kill the remaining Dragon Keepers, but what about the real Hibiki? Is that him in that shack and...mutating !?
Old 2024-06-30, 08:56   Link #142
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I had a feeling that would happen .
Now true. I saw it in the episode.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-30, 23:27   Link #143
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-01, 06:48   Link #144
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I liked it. At first I found the episodes as a big setup but once D took the form of the redhaired recruit, I started liking the plot especially due to the concept of D becoming the mask. The character designs are good but I found the colors kinda dull as everybody wears white and only their hairs generate a contrast with with such uniforms. The fight scenes were good but a bit anticlimatic considering they are basically tokusatsu characters.

Never heard anything about sales or ratings but the series already got musicals so I guess it was successful at least in Japan.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2024-07-01 at 07:19.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-01, 09:16   Link #145
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I liked it. At first I found the episodes as a big setup but once D took the form of the redhaired recruit, I started liking the plot especially due to the concept of D becoming the mask. The character designs are good but I found the colors kinda dull as everybody wears white and only their hairs generate a contrast with with such uniforms. The fight scenes were good but a bit anticlimatic considering they are basically tokusatsu characters.

Never heard anything about sales or ratings but the series already got musicals so I guess it was successful at least in Japan.
I've heard the anime didn't go over well in Japan because they didn't like portraying a Sentai team as evil.
Old 2024-07-01, 11:44   Link #146
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I highly doubt it. Not going to guess on the reason, but that at least I know

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-02, 21:23   Link #147
grecefar

for 7/10.

it started strong but there were a lots of time that I was kind of lost in the chapters, it felt like they were rushing as hell.

anyway looking foward to the second season.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-03, 17:22   Link #148
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I've heard the anime didn't go over well in Japan because they didn't like portraying a Sentai team as evil.
If anything I'd believe the show didn't go down well because the last arc dragged on pretty badly and most comments I've seen mentioned people loosing interest both in the manga and the anime.

I'm glad this is getting a second season, I feel like the story has a lot of interesting stuff it teased so far but this exam arc felt more like a detour than a step in the way, even if it ended up being very impactful to the story in hindsight.
Old 2024-07-03, 17:59   Link #149
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
If anything I'd believe the show didn't go down well because the last arc dragged on pretty badly and most comments I've seen mentioned people loosing interest both in the manga and the anime.

I'm glad this is getting a second season, I feel like the story has a lot of interesting stuff it teased so far but this exam arc felt more like a detour than a step in the way, even if it ended up being very impactful to the story in hindsight.
That probably didn't help, but I feel like the controversy over this take on Sentai came out around the early episodes.
Old 2024-07-20, 17:21   Link #150
Twi

Isn't S2 scheduled for 2025?

The Bailong arc covers about 30 chapters of the manga, so they'll probably be going all the way up to the longest arc. And considering how long that one is they'll have to trim a lot of the content if they want to end on the perfect cliffhanger for Season 3.