AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-09-10, 01:31   Link #81
Alchemist007
*Author

When do we learn who cast the barrier around the ring, they must be S rank.
Old 2024-09-10, 06:00   Link #82
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well I gotta say I was very impressed at Kelvin's strength too. Like, I was almost certain Brou was gonna toss the fight, because typical story flow dictates that the main protagonist fights the strongest antagonist for the prize, but not only did they make Brou win, but Kelvin actually pushed him a little; a VERY LITTLE, but it was there. When Kel started doing magic, he really had me think he'd come out on top, tbh. He didn't win, but I feel that his effort has stolen my heart =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-10, 11:53   Link #83
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There was no way that Kelvin was going to win, but I'm glad that they handled this fight as well as possible. I honestly didn't think Kelvin was this powerful. Kind of wish he got a fight against Rick since I think that would have been pretty amazing. But this fight wasn't a bad one at all. Kelvin really dragged out everything he had and showed how strong he is. He's got the talent and work ethic to get even stronger than this. Honestly he could probably get to the point of giving Broughston an incredible fight someday.

I do wonder what Kelvin will do going forward? Holding back in fights would be pointless after this, but there aren't many opponents in the world he can really go all out against either. But I'm sure he'll figure that out.

Awesome episode and great amount of fun there.

Also RIP Rick . They've got the jewel no matter what, but now Rick has to fight Broughston!
Old 2024-09-10, 13:32   Link #84
Lex79

I wouldn't mind for Kelvin to become a recurring character.
Old 2024-09-16, 18:07   Link #85
grecefar

The best way to motivate a guy and take away all his fears is a great reward of a trip to the onsen.

I doubt he'll win.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-17, 01:05   Link #86
Lex79

I think the only way for Rick to win is if he manages to activate his skill, but I'm assuming the author is saving that for the final boss. Still, it was a nice episode and a great fight. We saw a return of scaredy cat Rick, but that was justified given the opponent he has to face, and in the end (with some special help from a certain big breasted maid) he was able to find the determination to properly grant Broughston is wish.
The big question now is who Broughston would take to the onsen...but before that, it's backstory time.
Old 2024-09-17, 08:12   Link #87
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I think the only way for Rick to win is if he manages to activate his skill, but I'm assuming the author is saving that for the final boss. Still, it was a nice episode and a great fight. We saw a return of scaredy cat Rick, but that was justified given the opponent he has to face, and in the end (with some special help from a certain big breasted maid) he was able to find the determination to properly grant Broughston is wish.
The big question now is who Broughston would take to the onsen...but before that, it's backstory time.
He could still use the skill and the author could still claim that there is an evolved version or leveled up version of his skill
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-17, 12:31   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I don't blame Rick for freaking out in this case. The test early in the show was one thing, but fighting Broughston is another! Fair enough. Though I'm glad everyone got through to him. His trauma is legit, but he is one of the only people in the world that can give Broughston the fight he truly wants.

Maybe the former champ can get there if he keeps really pushing himself. But right now it's just Rick and he needed to come through here.

I half expect him to win since he's the MC and Broughston would probably appreciate losing. But who knows.
Old 2024-09-20, 20:12   Link #89
Strahan

Well, that's a good motivator. I'd have laughed my ass off if Reanette calmly answered Angelica's "but.. but.. that means you will..." with "yes, f' like rabbits"

I don't think there is any hope of Rick winning. He'll likely do enough to impress Broughston, but still lose in the end.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote