AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-28, 10:33   Link #101
Frontier

Just a routine collection of Tuldarr's treasure, nothing too surprising...oh, another magic orb. I'm sure that won't come back to being plot relevant .

Oscar and Tinasha are at Farsas' Eastern base and encounter Elze (Asami Seto?) one of the survivors of a raid on a village by the marauding Ito where she lost her husband and many children lost their families. So all they have left is each other and her .

Re-introducing time travel! A son who went back in time to save his mother from the bandits who attacked her village and ended up raping her, conceiving him, and ending up getting proposed by her before leaving and ensuring he's never born. That's pretty trippy .

Figures the only way Tinasha would be comfortable being stuck in the same room as Oscar is as a cat. At least Tinasha is a cute cat and we get Atsumi Tanezaki cat noises. Not to mention she and Oscar are pretty physically intimate while she's in cat form .

Oscar and Tinasha run into the Ito lead by Javi who want Elze, and challenges Oscar to a duel...but I get Elze was part of the bargain, but did they really need to drag her all the way there? And to give her emotional trauma from seeing her husbands' murderer again? Though I guess it must have been satisfying seeing Oscar wipe that smug smirk off of Javi's face and slice his arm off...until she ran to tend to him. Huh? Didn't this dude kill your husband and try to steal you away!? Why are you protecting him!? Is this something to do with Elze's magic potential ?

Although before we could unpack all that, an anti-mage God erupts from the ground from Tinasha's simple magic of stopping Javi's bleeding and possesses Elze. At least Tinasha gets a chance to take out a longstanding grudge her race has been stewing on for centuries .

Tinasha wants to port Oscar away as soon as possible, but he won't let her...and while she's quick to make him assume he'll have to kill her if she goes crazy like always, he's quick to comment that he'll do everything he can to save her. And that gives her the motivation she needs to keep going. That Tinasha blush was cute .

Nothing more hardcore than Tinasha absorbing Irityrdia and having Oscar run her through to kill it .

I don't know what the heck is going on between Javi and Elze, but things seem to be going pretty well between Oscar and Tinasha. She's too tired to not rest in human form on his bed, and also showing she's more comfortable around him, and Oscar even surprises her with a good night kiss! No rest for a blushing Tinasha then .
Old 2024-05-28, 14:14   Link #102
scififan

Tinasha complains that the draining magic is like a sea sick. Maybe they were traveling by a ship.

Tinasha only asks Oscar to do a caesarean section, not stabbing her like a kobob.

Tinasha thinks in a cat form will keep her relationship with Oscar pure, by sharing same room. Who knows if Oscar will think a cat is also fine.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-28, 17:44   Link #103
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Oscar and Tinasha run into the Ito lead by Javi who want Elze, and challenges Oscar to a duel...but I get Elze was part of the bargain, but did they really need to drag her all the way there? And to give her emotional trauma from seeing her husbands' murderer again? Though I guess it must have been satisfying seeing Oscar wipe that smug smirk off of Javi's face and slice his arm off...until she ran to tend to him. Huh? Didn't this dude kill your husband and try to steal you away!? Why are you protecting him!? Is this something to do with Elze's magic potential ?
I was going to write the whole thing off as the adaptation leaving stuff out again, which it actually did but it doesn't make much more sense in the LN either, apparently. The main difference is that Tinasha isn't a cat when she syncs up with Elze's dream, and what she does in her sleep is making out with Oscar, meaning... Elze had the hots for the man who killed her husband all along. That's really fucked up. Honestly, fuck that guy and fuck her. They should have let them both die. Tinasha was clearly disgusted by the man (for good reasons), and Elze really isn't much better.

The only interesting part of this episode was more hints there's going to be time travel.
Old 2024-05-28, 18:52   Link #104
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was going to write the whole thing off as the adaptation leaving stuff out again, which it actually did but it doesn't make much more sense in the LN either, apparently. The main difference is that Tinasha isn't a cat when she syncs up with Elze's dream, and what she does in her sleep is making out with Oscar, meaning... Elze had the hots for the man who killed her husband all along. That's really fucked up. Honestly, fuck that guy and fuck her. They should have let them both die. Tinasha was clearly disgusted by the man (for good reasons), and Elze really isn't much better.

The only interesting part of this episode was more hints there's going to be time travel.
Husband probably turning over in his grave...
Old 2024-05-31, 00:56   Link #105
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

So that's what happened. It just didn't make sense for the woman to say the guy killed her husband, show herself to openly fear him, him smirking knowing he did the dastardly deed, but then the girl shows sympathy when he loses his arm, and he shows sympathy when she gets possessed. I thought that it might be possible for the husband to be a wifebeater and that guy 'saved' her by killing her husband, so she was just playing the victim. Or maybe they were secret lovers. But this sounds worse, and terribly done too. The very jump between their emotions and so quickly is just not reasonable nor relatable.

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-31, 13:26   Link #106
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
So that's what happened. It just didn't make sense for the woman to say the guy killed her husband, show herself to openly fear him, him smirking knowing he did the dastardly deed, but then the girl shows sympathy when he loses his arm, and he shows sympathy when she gets possessed. I thought that it might be possible for the husband to be a wifebeater and that guy 'saved' her by killing her husband, so she was just playing the victim. Or maybe they were secret lovers. But this sounds worse, and terribly done too. The very jump between their emotions and so quickly is just not reasonable nor relatable.
I think the weirdness is what the story wants to convey, which could be worse. The anime seems to skip a monologue as a hint.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-31, 17:17   Link #107
Frontier

I wonder if a better staff/adaption could have made it at least somewhat better.