AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-06-02, 16:27   Link #121
grecefar

too bad, he was getting a good momentum but I agree the more people that know D's identity the harder it will be in the future and it's better to get rid of him. Obvious that this one is XX in disguise.

so... it seems everybody hate the rangers lol.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-03, 06:37   Link #122
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

That Tokutsatsu angel villain kinda felt when Chainsaw Man got creepier with far more demons. We had another decapitation but this was far gorier than expected. At this time I expect D's 'partners might die rather than pass a test
Old 2024-06-09, 08:36   Link #123
Frontier

Aizome's not looking good! I guess the mascot character is at least good for contacting Blue Keeper. Who likes aquariums !

Yep, that's definitely not Ranmaru! It's XX! Though I guess even Ranmaru might approve of beating up his old friend .

Yamato finally has Yukino on the ropes! Even if his motivation to become a Dragon Keeper is as ridiculous as wanting a Harem, while Yukino's is to find the strength to not feel so alone and powerless. Even still...when XX!Ranmaru attacks to kill her, Yamato is the one who gives up to protect her. He may have lost the match, but maybe he gained a tsundere in Yukino? He's probably better for her than Ishikawa .

Renren can't beat Shippou so she surrenders...and makes him flex his muscles enough to where his Burst Mode runs out and she can shoot him. Too bad his muscles are so thick they just bounce off of him! And NOW she really surrenders .

Ishikawa calls Angel a "tomboy" like it's an insult and all because she's actually fighting back, when really she's just craftier and more committed to this than he is. He talks a big game about having to keep up with this and keep up his resolve even when all his peers have retired, but it feels like hollow words. Especially when someone like Angel is willing to blow herself up to set up her comrade beating Ishikawa for her. THAT is commitment .

Would "Hibiki" have beaten Shion? Either way, it's good to have "Ranmaru" to bail him out and finally put Shion in his place .

Blue Keeper is coarse, rough, and is always chock full of insults, but in his own way he's got a good heart and Aizome realized this...which is why he tries not to talk without her permission. And he definitely took her getting hurt personally. So personally that he decides to torture XX to find Peltrola .

It's rough watching XX get tortured, especially when I don't think Peltrola even really cares about her even if he did name her and give her a better sense of identity...but at least she has Fighter D, who comes in and makes his move. Even if he was THIS close to killing Blue Keeper if it wasn't for Aizome's shield. Dang it !

They're screwed. They can't beat Blue Keeper. The only thing they can do now is lead him to Peltrola and hope they take each other out .

XX puppet and now Blue Keeper puppet! And we're getting traditional previews! They even reference his seiyuu .
Old 2024-06-09, 20:08   Link #124
grecefar

I can't see them winning to be honest, maybe he had stolen the divine artifact or something.

at least aizome seem to be alive.
Old 2024-06-09, 21:03   Link #125
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I can't see them winning to be honest, maybe he had stolen the divine artifact or something.

at least aizome seem to be alive.
They have to win. If they don't win, Blue Keeper will kill Fighter D for interfering with the killing of Fighter XX. Fighter D probably pulls a stunt that allows Petrola to win considering Blue Keeper doesn't know he's a monster yet.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-12, 09:43   Link #126
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The pacing feels kinda fast as if we are dealing with several characters at the same time with lots of details.
Old 2024-06-16, 08:35   Link #127
Frontier

Not even when she's actually giving Blue Keeper what he actually wants is XX free from torture...and D can barely do anything to protect her. But that's just the fate of Fighters, the Keepers treat them as little more than insects worth little more than stomping on, especially in comparison to Boss Monsters .

Peltrola is a tree! But that's just a cocoon for his next evolution into a Final Form...complete with multiple clones! All the better for taking on Blue Keeper! As they engage in a furious clash of CG combatants .

(Does Peltrola think this Blue Keeper is the same one that fought him and saved Hibiki and his sister ?)

XX utterly worships Peltrola and would loyally follow him in every way...but what about D? As a Fighter, shouldn't he be following Peltrola's lead and going along with his plans? Even if it means turning on the other cadets, especially his team (and Ranmaru) who he'd been working with this whole time? And before D realizes it himself, he attacks Peltrola .

Man, kind of rough seeing XX lose all trust in D again. Especially when D seems to genuinely care about her at this point .

I guess it makes sense Peltrola's clones are ALL the real one, meaning all that matters is at least one survives and makes it to the surface, he wins. Though for once I'm actually happy to see the Junior Rangers, especially when they get to show off how they can actually handle a Boss Monster...Tokita with his RPG, Nadeshiko with his club, Hisui with her jaws, and Suzukiri with her...frikkin' remote !

Though figures also Suzukiri would let Peltrola get away...and he noticed something about her? Or is it just that she's willing to work with monsters ?

XX will sacrifice everything for Peltrola, but D is willing to sacrifice himself to protect her...and it's nice to dream about the both of them being top dogs in this world, especially when D's old pals show up (Angel in a dress!), but that dream turns into a nightmare when Peltrola kills all humanity. I mean, what did D expect? This is the World Domination he'd always been advocating for, only with the Monsters on-top instead of the Keepers. And with Hibiki rubbing it in, D can't stand for it any more .

Oh right, the rest of the Cadets! I love how Renren is still thinking they can snatch victory back while Shion, of all people, is willing to acknowledge his loss...but then they all run and meet Peltrola and find out he killed Ranmaru, with Urabe takes personally. In fact Ranmaru's death seems to rally all of them into taking on Peltrola despite the obvious difference in strength, coming together as a full team complete with a cool pose. And at the center of this team, is Fighter D as Hibiki, ready to fight for himself and his ideals no matter who gets in the way, be they human or monster .
Old 2024-06-16, 17:00   Link #128
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The amount of subtle gore the series has is insane. It's not as creepy, surrealistic and gory as Chainsaw Man but still gives the atmosphere that everybody D is talking with might die. And D's current persona sure is interesting. Will he conquer the world or will he side with the humans? That hallucination basically asked him that
Old 2024-06-16, 19:26   Link #129
grecefar

I felt the chapter was all over the place, I was scratching my head more than once.

Anyway, I think is a good think if peltrora is taken out because I want to see D taking out the rangers with his plans and not the boss monsters.
Old 2024-06-16, 21:35   Link #130
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
(Does Peltrola think this Blue Keeper is the same one that fought him and saved Hibiki and his sister ?)
No, that's not the case. It's clear from this episode that this current Blue Keeper and Peltrola have fought before, and Peltrola survived that encounter. Suzukiri intends to save Peltrola, but Fighter D might not allow that to happen and will go for the kill next episode.

Suzukiri saying in an earlier episode that side girls don't win as being her reason for trying to destroy the Rangers Force is kind of odd now that we see how broken her ability is, which is to manipulate time. Her ability is broken enough to have her be Yellow Keeper if the current Yellow Keeper ever dies.

Last edited by Thor's Hammer; 2024-06-16 at 21:47.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-16, 23:24   Link #131
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
No, that's not the case. It's clear from this episode that this current Blue Keeper and Peltrola have fought before, and Peltrola survived that encounter. Suzukiri intends to save Peltrola, but Fighter D might not allow that to happen and will go for the kill next episode.

Suzukiri saying in an earlier episode that side girls don't win as being her reason for trying to destroy the Rangers Force is kind of odd now that we see how broken her ability is, which is to manipulate time. Her ability is broken enough to have her be Yellow Keeper if the current Yellow Keeper ever dies.
It makes sense if she views life as a TV show she can interfere with for the ending SHE wants .
Old 2024-06-19, 06:45   Link #132
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Gotta say I first didn't like this arc due it being already common in this demography but it ended becoming way defining in D's character. Then again, I'm not sure if we will get even a second cour considering there are around 15 volumes to adapt.
Old 2024-06-19, 10:03   Link #133
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Gotta say I first didn't like this arc due it being already common in this demography but it ended becoming way defining in D's character. Then again, I'm not sure if we will get even a second cour considering there are around 15 volumes to adapt.
I was suprised how many chapters there are, something to look foward after this ends. I've read they are skipping things too.
Old 2024-06-23, 08:38   Link #134
Frontier

I really have to commend the cadets for putting their all into this fight with Peltrola! They're not the Dragon Keepers but they're doing all they can to defeat a Boss Monster .

Of course a D plan would involve playing keep-away and putting the onus on his teammates...but that Renren and Yukino tag-team was absolutely beautiful !

Too bad Yukino's attack didn't 100% finish him off and gets Ishikawa shot. Honestly my opinion on this guy was souring across this arc, but he really prioritzed saving Yukino over himself, and I can't help but admire that. He really did care about her, just like she obviously cares about him. Not that it saved Yukino from being a hostage .

Tokita lost an arm! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! Though good thing Nadeshiko is a Magical Boy, Hisui has incredible chomping and eating powers, and Suzukiri has OP remote abilities .

Suzukiri helped one of Peltrola's clones get away, but I shouldn't be surprised that A. Pink Keeper was waiting to get payback for her family and legs, B. her Divine Artifact is literally high-heeled boots and C. her main priority is Hibiki. Also her redheaded heart mark cadet is cute !

There's no way D would really give up, or that Renren would run away, so I knew there was something going on but having Yukino pull a fast one when Peltrola's wound festers and let Yamato and Angel finish off the other clones along with a Renren/Shippou diving save (complete with moaning) was perfect! And of course D didn't give him all the Divine Artifacts so Shion and Urabe could finish him off. That's our Fighter D .

RIP Ishikawa it seems. At least he died a genuine hero, more worthy than Red Keeper at least. And D actually cares about his new teammates, but that doesn't change his main goal .

Blue Keeper WAS a criminal! And his name is Aoshima (how on-brand)! Though I'm actually surprised his robbery was interrupted by Red Keeper, Akabane actually fought crime? Or was it just to recruit people? Either way, despite being a crook, he had some nobility to him even as someone on the wrong side of the law. Probably comes from being related to the original Blue Keeper who wasn't an ally of justice but someone who just wanted to take care of orphan kids like Hibiki and Tokita who looked up to Aoshima. And that's why Aoshima did all this .

Kind of wish he at least enjoyed Wakaba's company. Girl got forced back into being a hostess because of monsters, the elast he can do is enjoy her presence .

Of course the life of a criminal doesn't end well what with Aoshima and his guys getting sold out and their crime boss turning out to be a Boss Monster...and the next thing Aoshima knows he's chained up and getting recruited as Blue Keeper because the other Aoshima got killed. Though count on Red to be watching video footage of himself looking heroic and then immediately dismissing the death of a comrade so he could recruit someone he can use better. I wouldn't even be surprised if he was involved in OG!Blue Keepers' death .

But despite how rough around the edges Blue Keeper is, he obviously cares about his subordinates and will do everything he can to protect them and avenge them...even if they're not actually dead like Aizome, who is very much alive. Along with a black and blue-haired girl I want to see more of .

I guess D wants to get back to his mission and is going to use this as an opportunity to take out Blue Keeper, but can he actually pull it off? Do we even want him to ?
Old 2024-06-23, 13:31   Link #135
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

D keeps saying he is gonna conquer the world when beating that angel but I wonder how many of these guys might follow him if they discover he is actually a villain posing as a good guy. He was called traitor before the monster's death. I've been talking about Chainsaw Man in my previews posts and the death also reminds me to Chainsaw Man as we lost a character we don't really know that much.
Old 2024-06-23, 16:39   Link #136
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
D keeps saying he is gonna conquer the world when beating that angel but I wonder how many of these guys might follow him if they discover he is actually a villain posing as a good guy. He was called traitor before the monster's death. I've been talking about Chainsaw Man in my previews posts and the death also reminds me to Chainsaw Man as we lost a character we don't really know that much.
I keep expecting them to find that Blue Cadet's body stashed in his room .
Old 2024-06-23, 21:12   Link #137
grecefar

it is just me or this chapter felt rushed like hell?, even the flashback came out of nowhere and it was halfway that I figured out that it was a flashback.

well, props to D to go after blue at the end. He must have a really good plan, I thought he was going to lay low for now after this ordeal.