AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old Yesterday, 22:33   Link #541
grecefar

While roxy is my favorite of all, elinalise was the goat in this chapter, at least for me.

eh, I doubt sylphie will be that mad to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I dunno, I think you all are underestimating Sylphie here. I would expect her to be shocked, maybe even in a comical way. At the end of the day, she understands, or WILL understand just how important Roxy is to him. That he was going through a difficult time, and that Roxy helped him emotionally when she wasn't there. I think that with all of that, she'll wholeheartedly accept Roxy as part of the family, especially since part of Sylphie's childhood was spent at the Greyrats and seeing the two-wife family life firsthand. Norn though, its going to be tough. I wouldn't be surprised if she lashed out, but we'll see.
my thoughts exactly.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:29   Link #542
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Honestly, I have no issue with polygamy whether in fiction or real life, but the way this show is going about it is kind of terrible all around. Roxy should have never done what she did, there couldn't have been a worse timing. She could be excused if she hadn't known Rudeus was married, but she did it fully aware of it. Rudeus already felt guilty enough about Paul's death, he didn't need to feel guilty about cheating on Sylphie too. And don't say stuff like "she didn't force him", she took emotional advantage of him even it wasn't her intention.
Honestly I want to see Roxy going from "oh, he's married with child?!" to "I'm still planning to seduce him" .

To be honest he didn't seem as worked up about cheating on Sylphie as I expected but that might be partially because he was happy to be with Roxy despite everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Honestly I'm glad that despite the circumstances, Roxy was able to proclaim her feelings to Rudy. I know some people didn't like the way she took advantage of him, but I feel that his emotional state at the time allowed him to indulge in his true feelings. I don't think he'd just do that with anyone; he did that because it was Roxy. Otherwise, he'd have had the same mindset when he attempted to put his arm around her only to relent. I'd much prefer the current scenario than one where he holds back his feelings, which, in his words, could be ~equally as strong because he believed there wouldn't be anyone he could love as much as Sylphie.

In any event, I'm just glad they did anything with it, and, for better or worse, will come to a conclusion(hopefully) next episode. I can't stand it when characters I like who like someone in the show are blue-balled with no definitive outcome; they're just left hanging without even given a chance to disclose their feelings.
I'm happy Roxy was true to her feelings and I don't necesarilly begrudge Rudy's feelings towards her...it's just the actual execution of it was kind of murky.
Quote:
I dunno, I think you all are underestimating Sylphie here. I would expect her to be shocked, maybe even in a comical way. At the end of the day, she understands, or WILL understand just how important Roxy is to him. That he was going through a difficult time, and that Roxy helped him emotionally when she wasn't there. I think that with all of that, she'll wholeheartedly accept Roxy as part of the family, especially since part of Sylphie's childhood was spent at the Greyrats and seeing the two-wife family life firsthand. Norn though, its going to be tough. I wouldn't be surprised if she lashed out, but we'll see.

I'd also say that since neither are followers of Millis, I wouldn't necessarily say he "cheated" on her. I can't really see how polygamy is supposed to be handled or accepted if not in this way(e.g. to paraphrase Paul, he thought he only needed one sword, but found out he can't live without two).

As far as Roxy's chastity goes, she said to Elinalise that she'd only "do that" with someone she loves, so despite how it looked like she was experienced, I'm going to assume that she was a virgin, and not just because of some pretext from my own ends. Who knows, we have seen her finger herself and could have torn(not sure that's a thing honestly), or maybe her race just doesn't bleed.
I'm not so much underestimating Sylphie so much as thinking Rudeus probably got her hopes up and I feel like even if she ends up accepting Roxy she'll still have to deal with the fact that the husband whose child she's carrying hooked up with some other girl and plans to marry her while she was worried about him.

Now, maybe she will accept that Roxy was there for Rudy when she couldn't be, but I think it would be understandable if she had a lot of complicated feelings about it.

I would say it counts as cheating in the sense that he promised to be faithful to Sylphie and he did this without her awareness even if he didn't actively pursue it or was in a proper mental state to receive it until the morning after.
Old Today, 01:07   Link #543
patnam

next season will be based on the "Days Of Future Past"...?!
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:29   Link #544
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
To be honest he didn't seem as worked up about cheating on Sylphie as I expected but that might be partially because he was happy to be with Roxy despite everything.
The other half was likely like you said earlier; a simple realization that, yeah, he's just as much of a "scumbag" as his father . Probably made him happy having that comparison that such a quality of his father lives on with him.

Quote:
I'm not so much underestimating Sylphie so much as thinking Rudeus probably got her hopes up and I feel like even if she ends up accepting Roxy she'll still have to deal with the fact that the husband whose child she's carrying hooked up with some other girl and plans to marry her while she was worried about him.
Saying it like she's just 'some other girl' feels like you believe Sylphie will see her as just some random person he decided to marry. She's the woman who has in part shaped Rudy to become the person that he is, and I feel that will have considerable weight in how she will see Roxy. I recall some people were saying that her saying its okay for Rudy to have a kid with another [random] woman was okay could have potentially just been her putting on a brave face. Given what she has been gone through, and even accepting someone like Elinalise(given her nature) as her grandmother, its hard to believe that for some reason, the notion that this Roxy situation passes the line for what she'll accept seems inconsistent to me.

Quote:
Now, maybe she will accept that Roxy was there for Rudy when she couldn't be, but I think it would be understandable if she had a lot of complicated feelings about it.

I would say it counts as cheating in the sense that he promised to be faithful to Sylphie and he did this without her awareness even if he didn't actively pursue it or was in a proper mental state to receive it until the morning after.
These are fair assessments, though I don't agree with them, it is certainly a logical conclusion to come to, given the circumstances. Honestly, I hope I'm right; I don't really want to see Sylphie have to struggle to overcome this kind of hurdle at the end of a season.

Last edited by frubam; Today at 03:49. Reason: grammar
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:00   Link #545
DolFunDolphinVtuber

Norn is the person I feel sorry for the most.
She had a great connection with Paul.
DolFunDolphinVtuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:29   Link #546
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I would love for Sylphie to get angry, but I really think she's too much of a doormat to do it. She's just going to maybe cry a little bit and quietly accept Roxy.

The reaction I'm looking forward to is Ariel's. She's not going to be happy.
Old Today, 06:49   Link #547
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The handling of polygamy in Demon Slayer involving Tengen Uzui now sounds different in comparison. That was played for gags, but Demon Slayer in general took itself seriously whenever it came to the siblings. Maybe I'll wait for the next episode before judging both series.

Tags
fantasy, isekai