AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old Yesterday, 15:18   Link #121
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I don't want to play a devils advocate here, but you are only talking about how Kanos mom is the main bad guy and how Yoru is to blame here, but:

a) We did not know if Kanos mom actually a bad guy here. Yes, she is a bit obserssed with her goal and is ready to use anyone with talent to achieve it. But we did not get a confirmation yet if she maniupulated Merro or if the girl done it on her own volition. We only saw that Kano's reaction put a hurdle on her goal and she reacted appropriately. Kano herself has asked not to blame the producer during the incident.

b) Mahiru informed Kano beforehand. She tried to find out the truth. And she explained her reasoning abnd apologized properly. But Kano avoided the talk and did not try explaining why Mahiru should decline the offer. All that she do is shouted about being betrayed and delved into her own misery here.

I am sure in the end Mahiru will find out that Kanos mom is evil, abandon the project, get back and forgive Kano, because this is how such stories normally end in anime. But it is not a good writing.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:06   Link #122
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
a) We did not know if Kanos mom actually a bad guy here. Yes, she is a bit obserssed with her goal and is ready to use anyone with talent to achieve it. But we did not get a confirmation yet if she maniupulated Merro or if the girl done it on her own volition.
The way things played out its almost impossible that she had no knowledge; if absolutely nothing else she knew what Mero was doing and didn't stop it.
Quote:
b) Mahiru informed Kano beforehand. She tried to find out the truth.
That was all secondary to how great of an opportunity it was. She told Kiwi first and already leaning heavily towards wanting to do it.

Last edited by stray; Yesterday at 16:25.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:27   Link #123
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
The way things played out its almost impossible that she had no knowledge; if absolutely nothing else she knew what Mero was doing and didn't stop it.
It was beneficial to her goal, so of cause she did not stop her but it is still not clear if it was her plan all along or just a coincidence. Also, it seems she was enraged because without Kano her goal would be harder to achieve, not because she hindered her plans.

Quote:
That was all secondary to how great of an opportunity it was. She told Kiwi first and already had an appointment scheduled before she told Kano anything.
And, appointment =/= agreeing to a deal. She asked every member about it to make a final decicion and noone stopped her. And instead of trying to explain things Kano just avoided the topic and than blamed everything on Yoru instead of using it as a lasat chance to talk things out.
Old Yesterday, 16:54   Link #124
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Yoru had a project on her schedule. She replaced it with a new, higher paying, higher profile project. One of her previous clients, who happened to be her group member and best friend, was rightly upset.

Exposure, pay, and opportunity would definitely come again if she’s as good as she’s being made out to be. Friendships, though?
Old Yesterday, 16:58   Link #125
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It was not an official work. And her other friends were fine with it. Even Kano while upset just said "do whatever you want" initially. Once again, she could have insist on declining the offer before it was to late or explain why it is actually a bad idea instead of avoiding the topic.
Old Yesterday, 17:11   Link #126
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
It was beneficial to her goal, so of cause she did not stop her but it is still not clear if it was her plan all along or just a coincidence.
What does that matter? She booked the group she was managing into slots that were open directly due to what was exposed on the channel. That's called being complicit even if she had no direct involvement in the channel.
Quote:
And instead of trying to explain things Kano just avoided the topic and than blamed everything on Yoru instead of using it as a lasat chance to talk things out.
Yoru's mind was mostly made up by the time she talked with Kiwi. Unless this opportunity was obviously sketchy she was going to take it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
Yoru had a project on her schedule. She replaced it with a new, higher paying, higher profile project. One of her previous clients, who happened to be her group member and best friend, was rightly upset.

Exposure, pay, and opportunity would definitely come again if she’s as good as she’s being made out to be. Friendships, though?
Yoru's actions are 100% in 'shit that will cost you a friend' territory. Kano's actions were entirely believable because Mahiru put her in a position where salvaging their relationship was basically impossible. Kiwi may be partially at fault here for expecting her to "get over it" without thinking about her feelings either.
Old Yesterday, 17:50   Link #127
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
What does that matter? She booked the group she was managing into slots that were open directly due to what was exposed on the channel. That's called being complicit even if she had no direct involvement in the channel.Yoru's mind was mostly made up by the time she talked with Kiwi. Unless this opportunity was obviously sketchy she was going to take it.Yoru's actions are 100% in 'shit that will cost you a friend' territory. Kano's actions were entirely believable because Mahiru put her in a position where salvaging their relationship was basically impossible. Kiwi may be partially at fault here for expecting her to "get over it" without thinking about her feelings either.
I am not trying to put Kanos mom actions as good here, just pointing out that the whole thing about getting reed of the rival group may be not her plan but just something Mero did on her own accord.

And Kano had all of the chances to get Yoru out of it, but she did nothing and blamed Yoru when it was to late. Yoru in fact did what Kano encouraged her to do all the way: tried to show her art to the world. You know, the "you are jellifish who cannot swim alone" point hit hard here: Kano though Yoru cannot live without her but it turnes out it is Kano, who cannot swim alone.

You can justify Yorus decigion being wrong as you want but it is the fact that Kano could changer but and did nothing.

It is false to say that everything was decided from the start and that Yoru wanted to sacrifice Kano to make it big. She weight the decigion, she asked everyone in the group and she wanted to get back once the project is done.
Old Yesterday, 18:16   Link #128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So yeah, it was exactly as I feared. All it required to manufacture this drama was Mahiru's character assassination.

Quote:
I don't want to play a devils advocate here, but you are only talking about how Kanos mom is the main bad guy and how Yoru is to blame here, but:

a) We did not know if Kanos mom actually a bad guy here. Yes, she is a bit obserssed with her goal and is ready to use anyone with talent to achieve it. But we did not get a confirmation yet if she maniupulated Merro or if the girl done it on her own volition. We only saw that Kano's reaction put a hurdle on her goal and she reacted appropriately. Kano herself has asked not to blame the producer during the incident.
Yukine using the stage name "Nonoka" to refer to her own daughter when Mahiru brought her up should have been a massive red flag. Not to mention Mei warned her there was a high probability she was involved in some rather shady stuff.

Quote:
It was not an official work. And her other friends were fine with it. Even Kano while upset just said "do whatever you want" initially. Once again, she could have insist on declining the offer before it was to late or explain why it is actually a bad idea instead of avoiding the topic.
That's not what Kano said at all. The opposite in fact, she told her she strongly advised against working with her mom. Then Mahiru went to mommy who seduced her ridiculously easily. After that her mind was made up and she didn't care about Kano's side of the story anymore. She didn't ask again the next time she saw her, she just immediately told her she was going to do it.

Mahiru is 100% in the wrong and I'm honestly not sure what she can even do to mend their relationship. She betrayed her on several levels.
Old Yesterday, 18:19   Link #129
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
You can justify Yorus decigion being wrong as you want but it is the fact that Kano could changer but and did nothing.
Explain to me how you would tell a friend to not take what seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'll wait.
Quote:
You can justify Yorus decigion being wrong as you want but it is the fact that Kano could changer but and did nothing
The issue isn't necessarily right and wrong, the issue is that actions have consequences. Even beyond working with her mom Kano clearly didn't expect Mahiru would abandon the New Year's plans JELEE had.
Quote:
She weight the decigion, she asked everyone in the group and she wanted to get back once the project is done.
Apparently her scales were off. Like I said in part she got bad advice from Kiwi, the one who dropped out of school because of her own trauma. Bottom line is that Mahiru only has herself to thank for burning bridges with Kano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Mahiru is 100% in the wrong and I'm honestly not sure what she can even do to mend their relationship. She betrayed her on several levels.
Somehow I actually feel like this raises the odds of a yuri end by about 20%
Old Yesterday, 18:32   Link #130
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that ended poorly!

I do get Yoru getting lured in. Especially once she got a whole big deal presentation to sell her on it. And both pointing out where Yoru's art faltered and giving it praise upon seeing the improvement gave Yoru a much bigger ego stroke than simply complimenting even the version that Yoru wasn't happy with.

The relationship between mother and daughter is certainly gone toxic. Once things broke down with her husband she certainly seemed to become someone that can flip the switch pretty quickly. She'll be super nice, friendly, and show real interest if you are useful to her. But if you aren't then...

It's funny that the Melo girl should know this better than anyone. She was likely treated well as the Sundolls center before Kano entered the picture and took her center spot. Got a good look at how quickly she could lose it all. But she certainly played a key role in busting up other groups. Whether she was told to do it, given a push to do it, or something more subtle I can't imagine the mother had nothing to do with all that. But I guess we'll have to see there.

Honestly the blowup was not a shock. Yoru herself on a certain level knew it. That's why she talked to everyone else before she ever said a word to Kano. Not like she was the one to call Kano either about it...And instead of talking to Kano privately about things she just drops taking the offer in a group setting? Also really shows how Mei is truly a support character. Only finds out about the Sundolls offer after Yoru was already ready to accept it .

No doubt that Kano blew her top. And threw every last angry thought she could out there. Plenty of ways she was in the wrong. But Yoru throwing established plans out the window for a personal opportunity is a choice. It was a choice she was free to make, but the consequences of it are also of her own making. Kiwi is right that she's free to make her own choices about her own life. But those choices can change how others choose to feel.

There is a lot of sad stuff though. Kano may hate her mother, but she's also the only mother she's ever known. So a lot of stuff falls into place. "Draw for me" being the same sort of phrase that her mother got a confused Kano to sing for her. And she likely chose 100k followers to give the middle finger to her mother's dream of putting an artist in a stadium of 50k.

I'm curious to see how the next few episodes go...
Old Yesterday, 19:07   Link #131
grecefar

not a big fan of the drama.

mother going for yoru is 100% because of kano and JELEE popularity. She has the money to hired a better artist but went for a 16 years old amateur?, while she has talent is still BS. She know what she is doing and knew what to say to lure yoru.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:30   Link #132
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So yeah, it was exactly as I feared. All it required to manufacture this drama was Mahiru's character assassination.

Yukine using the stage name "Nonoka" to refer to her own daughter when Mahiru brought her up should have been a massive red flag. Not to mention Mei warned her there was a high probability she was involved in some rather shady stuff.

That's not what Kano said at all. The opposite in fact, she told her she strongly advised against working with her mom. Then Mahiru went to mommy who seduced her ridiculously easily. After that her mind was made up and she didn't care about Kano's side of the story anymore. She didn't ask again the next time she saw her, she just immediately told her she was going to do it.

She does said that she does not rtecommend it but never elaborated why despite Kano asking for it. And she did said that if it is somethiong Yoriu herself wants, she can go.

It does not change the fact that Kano could try to affect the situation but behaved like an idiot instead. She may have issues but why she did not try to talk things out before it was to late.

And stop talking about betrayal. Yes, she had to bail out of making NY video for JELEE because he could not do both. But she never plan to leave them or serve the ties. It is something you are adding on your own accord. As Kiwi said, they could do it later, it is Kano who is bend up on beating Sundols. Same as when she pushed everyone to pull all-nighter to make a fvideo befor Sundolls new single.

Yes, Yoru is selfish for going for bigger project and brewaking the promise but she at least explained her reasoning and apologized for it. Kano is even more selfish for thinking Yoru cannot live without her and pushing her agenda on other girls without explaining anything. She is not much better than her mother here.
Old Yesterday, 21:08   Link #133
deadite

I wonder how Kano's dad fits into this. He was important enough to show up in the OP.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:31   Link #134
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Lol what, Kano used someone else's smartphone without permission and proceeds to smack the girl for what she saw?
And Mahiru betrays the group. But at least Kano didn't smack her?
Both of them are crap

I'm getting the popcorn out. This is getting stupidly fun. I doubt it was their intention, but I'd love to watch drama where one main character has violent hysteric fits and the other jumps left and right for money and fame

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote