Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-05, 16:05   Link #1
Guu-chan
Guu-chan

Smile Non-ecchi Funny anime subs

Does anyone know an funny anime sub that isn't ecchi and that hasn't been licensed yet? It'd be great if you have any suggestions!
Old 2004-06-05, 16:16   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guu-chan
Does anyone know an funny anime sub that isn't ecchi and that hasn't been licensed yet? It'd be great if you have any suggestions!
This kinda post belongs in the suggestions forum. So try and see there...

Some threads to suggest in the meantime

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=12585
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13622
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13370

Or else you could make a thread in that forum where you specifically explain the kinda anime you're after
Old 2004-06-06, 22:20   Link #3
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Quote:
I personally found Comic Party Revolution pretty funny. However, it's only two 30 min episodes.

There was a 13 episode series, but it has long since been licensed. Nevertheless, Comic Party Revolutions may give you a quick chuckle.

The 13 episode series was pretty funny too.

I don't recall any ecchi material, except that there may be one part where Eimi is lying on her room floor kicking her legs in the air because she's upset about something, but it's nothing like the anime Smash Hit for example (one of the ecchiest things I've briefly seen.. though, I didn't watch the whole thing).
Old 2004-06-06, 23:23   Link #4
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Keroro Gunso! Two episodes subbed so far that I know of, really funny series so far .

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Old 2004-06-06, 23:40   Link #5
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

...a comedy without ecchi eh?
hmmm, well besides the above mentioned...you could try Nanami-chan, or Bottle Fairy. Aishiteru ze Baby as well...but honestly i don't know HOW to classify that series (well, "drama" maybe but that's a little broad...there's some comedy there)
not much else i can safely recomend side from Comic Party (how a 13 episode TV series and 2 ep. OVA series based on an ero-game can have little to no ecchi boggles my mind)
Old 2004-06-10, 22:10   Link #6
Guu-chan
Guu-chan

I've heard of an anime series called Azumanga Daioh... is it good?

Last edited by Guu-chan; 2004-06-12 at 17:59.
Old 2004-07-04, 22:17   Link #7
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Quote:
I've heard of an anime series called Azumanga Daioh... is it good?
Eh, hopefully people don't start to yell at me for reviving an old thread... but this question was left unanswered and I just noticed.

Answering your question, I enjoyed Azumanga Daioh. Good comedy with no ecchi. It follows the daily lives of a group of high school girls who are good friends.

The group is a great combination of serious, immature, smart, etc people.

Off the top of my head.. there is a smart girl, a quiet girl, an obnoxious girl, an athletic girl, a serious girl.. and my favourite, a dense/slow girl. I think that's what there were.

There isn't a story line per se, so, if you're looking for a gripping story, it may not be for you. But that's not to say that the episodes are not connected. There are things that you learn about the characters over time. But, mainly, each episode has a mini story/objective of its own. Usually follows their school life. It ends when they graduate from high school. There are plenty of scenes outside of school, however.

Unfortunately, this anime does not fit your original requirements of being unlicensed. Azumanga is licensed.
Old 2004-07-05, 00:44   Link #8
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
ecchi HATER!

boo, what's wrong you don't like women or something?

just teasin.
Closed Thread