AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-02-11, 13:42   Link #1
Candy72

Missing files on a floopy

We have two computers in the house. My mom saves things to a floopy on her computer and places it in mines to send the file out on the internet. This use to work just fine. However, recently any files saved to the floopy on her computer aren't appearing when I put the floopy into mines. I can save files to the floopy and her computer sees them but whatever is saved from her computer to the floopy can't be found at all on my computer. It's as if the files saved on hers were never actually saved.

I've also tried creating files on my computer and taking them to hers and making changes to them from her computer. When I take the floopy back to mines I can see the files I created but none of the changes I made on hers.

If the floopy is put into hers all the files saved on both computers can be read. But mines only seems to read the files I saved and not anything that was saved on hers.

Tried searching for answers to this problem but haven't found much luck yet. We are both using Windows XP. Just in case anyone might have thought that to be the problem.
Candy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 14:19   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Sounds like a read / write compatibility problem between the two floppy drives. The floppy in your system seems to be unable to read the data if it was written on the floppy drive in your Mother's system.

Trouble is, the following doesn't seem to make much sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy72
I've also tried creating files on my computer and taking them to hers and making changes to them from her computer. When I take the floopy back to mines I can see the files I created but none of the changes I made on hers.
Sorry to state the obvious, but are you sure you actually saved the modified files on your Mother's PC before moving the floppy back to your PC. Are you really saying that when you looked at the files again on your PC, all the changes you made had been lost (and what's more, the files were back to the original state)? Sounds like the files didn't get written too when you saved them on your Mother's PC.

I suggest you check this again, becuase apart from this it sounds like a compatibility issues between the two floppies, this happens over time so it's not that unlikely.

But not all the facts point to this, I suspect there may be another issue that you haven't noticed and therefore haven't reported. What that might be I'm not sure at this point.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote