Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2019-03-19, 18:26   Link #1
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Love, Death, and Robots

I suppose this has been release on Netflix for some time already, but I happened to see it while I was browsing and saw that it was animated(some parts), but not anime, so I decided to check it out on a whim, with no prior knowledge of what it was. One thing came to mind:

Robot Carnival.

This series is a collection of 18 shorts, all with different stories, direction, and animation styles. I was actually impressed that most of the stories contained within were interesting in many respects. After the 2nd one I started to see a pattern, so even if the initial segments of any one story seemed uninteresting, the episode eventually got me invested before its end. My favorites were definitely Zima Blue, Beyond the Aquila Rift, The Witness, and Good Hunting, though most of the other ones were interesting in their own right.

After watching this, I feel like I should revisit Robot Carnival. I first watched that way back when it aired on the Sci-Fi channel in the 90s. While it was the first anime I would get teary-eyed from(Presence), I feel that there would definitely be some context I missed given the maturity level of the material.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote