AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-17, 08:11   Link #1
Murugan
Totally Spirited Away

Thumbs up The creator of Naruto, Masashi Kishimoto, who exactly is he?

Masashi Kishimoto is the creator of Naruto. But who exactly is he?
There are no sites at all, where you can find out some more about him, or how he got on the idea to "start creating Naruto".

Does anny of you guys know more about him?
I really would like to know more about him, cause I really admire his work...

Tell me.... ....please.....

Last edited by Murugan; 2004-04-17 at 16:32.
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 08:42   Link #2
RDM2

Here is a link to the interview with Kishimoto out of Shonen Jump, I too was looking to learn more about him, this is all I could find though. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.shonenanime.com/sa.php?sa...nterview.shtml
RDM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 08:47   Link #3
Murugan
Totally Spirited Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM2
Here is a link to the interview with Kishimoto out of Shonen Jump, I too was looking to learn more about him, this is all I could find though. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.shonenanime.com/sa.php?sa...nterview.shtml
Thankz...this interview is very handy.....Does anyone else know something about Misashi Kishimoto?

Last edited by Murugan; 2004-04-17 at 16:33.
Old 2004-04-17, 08:51   Link #4
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
There was also an interview in the Naruto fanbook.

http://www.brainfart.org/naruto/extr...-interview.htm
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 09:07   Link #5
PinkSpider
先輩

Send a message via ICQ to PinkSpider Send a message via MSN to PinkSpider
My goodness, that was really helpful! Thanks RDM2 and kaoru for providing some additional information. ^^
PinkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 09:24   Link #6
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
This is Kishimoto Masashi:

He's still young, and his first official work is Naruto. Kishimoto was born in Katsuta, Japan. He and his twin brother (Kishimoto Seishi) loved to draw, even though Kishimoto used to be more concentrated in sports. Later on, he began focusing more on drawing, and entered an art college to start his mangaka career.
Kishimoto won the Shueisha's Hop StepHe won the Shueisha's Hop Step award with the one-shot "Karakuri". It was in 1997 that he began Naruto, with the one-shot, in Akamaru Jump. However, he left Akamaru Jump and redid Naruto, being picked by Shueisha in 1999. Since then, the "official" Naruto as we know it today began being released weekly in Shonen Jump, together with big hits like One Piece and Shaman King. Today, Naruto is one of the most popular Shonen in Japan, along with One Piece.
Works that influenced Kishimoto were, first of all, Akira. When he saw Akira, he decided he wanted to be a mangaka. It was probably the anime/manga that had the biggest impact in his life, along with Toriyama Akira's works. Kishimoto was, like the majority of new shonen mangaka todays, influenced by Toriyama Akira's works (specially Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball). He was also influenced by Watsuki Nobuhiro's Rurouni Kenshin.

PS. It's curious to note that his brother, Kishimoto Seishi, also followed the mangaka career. His first official work is called 666 Satan, and it's currently being published in Japan. It's not as good as Naruto, but it's still interesting. It's currently being scanslated by Toriyama's World.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 09:36   Link #7
Dark_Oblivion
Gai's 'hip' rival :)

Nevermind...

Last edited by Dark_Oblivion; 2004-04-17 at 11:25.
Dark_Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 10:04   Link #8
Murugan
Totally Spirited Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
This is Kishimoto Masashi:

He's still young, and his first official work is Naruto. Kishimoto was born in Katsuta, Japan. He and his twin brother (Kishimoto Seishi) loved to draw, even though Kishimoto used to be more concentrated in sports. Later on, he began focusing more on drawing, and entered an art college to start his mangaka career.
Kishimoto won the Shueisha's Hop StepHe won the Shueisha's Hop Step award with the one-shot "Karakuri". It was in 1997 that he began Naruto, with the one-shot, in Akamaru Jump. However, he left Akamaru Jump and redid Naruto, being picked by Shueisha in 1999. Since then, the "official" Naruto as we know it today began being released weekly in Shonen Jump, together with big hits like One Piece and Shaman King. Today, Naruto is one of the most popular Shonen in Japan, along with One Piece.
Works that influenced Kishimoto were, first of all, Akira. When he saw Akira, he decided he wanted to be a mangaka. It was probably the anime/manga that had the biggest impact in his life, along with Toriyama Akira's works. Kishimoto was, like the majority of new shonen mangaka todays, influenced by Toriyama Akira's works (specially Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball). He was also influenced by Watsuki Nobuhiro's Rurouni Kenshin.

PS. It's curious to note that his brother, Kishimoto Seishi, also followed the mangaka career. His first official work is called 666 Satan, and it's currently being published in Japan. It's not as good as Naruto, but it's still interesting. It's currently being scanslated by Toriyama's World.
Wow! thankz for the great information! That's really what I was asking for.
Where did you get all that knowledge from?
Old 2004-04-17, 10:25   Link #9
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

he is a freak don't get close to him
Old 2004-04-17, 10:31   Link #10
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan
Wow! thankz for the great information! That's really what I was asking for.
The nickname "Naruto-sempai", which I was given, isn't there for nothing after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
he is a freak don't get close to him
If you mean a manga freak, you can be sure about that
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 10:32   Link #11
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan
There's a lot of information in those interviews previously posted in this thread, try reading them. Everything was in them except:
Quote:
Since then, the "official" Naruto as we know it today began being released weekly in Shonen Jump, together with big hits like One Piece and Shaman King. Today, Naruto is one of the most popular Shonen in Japan, along with One Piece.
and
Quote:
He was also influenced by Watsuki Nobuhiro's Rurouni Kenshin
But like Nine Devil said, Vicious is just creepy w/ that knowledge of his
Old 2004-04-17, 11:19   Link #12
Late
Peelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Oblivion
There's a whole bunch of other stuff on www... too.
I suggest you remove that link before the mods do.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 11:25   Link #13
Dark_Oblivion
Gai's 'hip' rival :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late
I suggest you remove that link before the mods do.
Why...whats wrong with the link?

Ah well...i guess i'll do it anyway.
Dark_Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 11:34   Link #14
Maxter
Boku wa Great desu! Ehehe

The site you linked to contains illegal (licensed) material, which is against the forum rules. Same thing with the TW-link I think...
Maxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 12:15   Link #15
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxter
The site you linked to contains illegal (licensed) material, which is against the forum rules. Same thing with the TW-link I think...
the TW and brainfart.org link both contain the manga, since brainfart is their other domain.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 13:00   Link #16
AnimeFangirl

If it's on TW, it's gotta be okay. Also Kishimoto goes into a lot of detail about his early life in the Naruto volumes. Particularly in the ones TW translated, they translated his comments about his childhood and smearing poop all over the walls and so on and so forth. -__- Also, in his author's comments on the flaps of the tankoubon, he often talks about films and how much he likes them, I think he's a huge movie fan.
Old 2004-04-17, 15:51   Link #17
Murugan
Totally Spirited Away

Talking

Wow thankz everyone for all the information about Hisashi Kishimoto and his plans for the future; I red all posts and interviews....Now I know a lot more about him!

If someone has some additional information, please share it with me! I really like to learn more about Kishimoto Masashi and his future plans.

Now i've got another question; do u know anyting about how long Naruto will continue as a serie and how many eps. there will be? If you know what Kishimoto Masashi has said about this please tell me.

Old 2004-04-17, 17:36   Link #18
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
If it's on TW, it's gotta be okay.
Where do you get that logic from? TW translates the naruto manga, which is lisensed here in america - much like many of their other projects - and as such arent allowed to be posted, according the the rules dranz and NoSanninWa made for these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The rules
Do not ask for licensed anime or manga
As described in Fansubbing and Licensing fansubs are technically illegal as they breach copyright. However as AnimeSuki.com does not wish to be associated with piracy, discussions about unlawfully getting licensed anime or manga or even DVD rips are not allowed. This means it is not allowed to post links to sites with such licensed material or ways to obtain it illegally, or ask for links or instructions to be emailed or PM'ed to you. Threads which break this rule will be either closed or simply deleted.
Old 2004-04-17, 17:41   Link #19
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

From TW:

Toriyama's World translated 105 chapters of the Naruto manga, and then it was licensed by Viz. If you want to read it, pick up the English version of Shonen Jump or wait for the books. The manga is not available for download.

Let's get back on-topic please
Old 2004-04-17, 17:43   Link #20
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
From TW:

Toriyama's World translated 105 chapters of the Naruto manga, and then it was licensed by Viz. If you want to read it, pick up the English version of Shonen Jump or wait for the books. The manga is not available for download.

Let's get back on-topic please
Ah. thanks for clarifying that.