Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

[Manga] Chapter 279 Discussion

Jugulators

Quote:
Quote:

- Nell and Inoue are featured from the start

- Inoue believes Ichigo can definitely win and keeps saying so

- GJ and Ichi fight from there till the end.

Translations / Spoiler : SpaceCat

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-06-15 at 07:32.
Old 2007-06-14, 01:59   Link #2
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If the spoiler does not mention anything specific, it is likely, there is nothing going on in this chapter (nothing related to other characters, no Aizen, Espadas, Aizen's right and left hand men, Renji, Ishida, Ulquiorra), other than the fight between Ichigo and Grimmjow. Let's hope the fight scenes in the chapter would at least show some worthy new stuff from both sides...
Old 2007-06-14, 02:06   Link #3
Hitsugaya_Toushiro

i hope Grimmojow will finally release his hollow form!!!!
I remember his release phrase "Hishire!!! (Slice!)" against Hirako Shinji
Old 2007-06-14, 02:07   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

There was another spoiler out very specific but was most likely fanfiction written by a Ichi/GJ fanboy . I still get tremors when I imagine GJ's release being a panther / jaguar / leopard . Hopefully this fight isnt turned into a Szayel Vs Renji fight which has gotten dragged on forever & forever .

The command for GJ release is " Kishire" (Grind , as in grinding ones teeth)
Old 2007-06-14, 03:46   Link #5
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

oh well... i believe the jaguar is made by a fanboy, because it is too... obvious. Grimmjow's name is Grimmjow Jaggerjack, which has been translated before into jaguarjack ( the actual translation the chinese official manga used ). So, i can say that its fan made very safely.
Old 2007-06-14, 21:10   Link #6
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

My goodness, XD one of the bad aspects of a shounen story is the testosterone level never stop. Now while I usually always prefer that over shoujo stories...this is making me go...mad. Haha.

Still GrimmJaw's release sounds awesome. Grind. I like it!
Old 2007-06-14, 21:20   Link #7
Lendial

sound like just action scenes with no real progress.
Old 2007-06-14, 22:01   Link #8
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx View Post
Still GrimmJaw's release sounds awesome. Grind. I like it!
Yeah, its a cool name, but far from new, since its been known about since quite a few chapters now.
Old 2007-06-14, 23:11   Link #9
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Yeah, its a cool name, but far from new, since its been known about since quite a few chapters now.

It's not like I actively haunt forums to find out the latest new chapters thankyouverymuch. So I just recently heard of it?
Old 2007-06-15, 07:33   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Pics are Up . Strangely this chapter is named Jugulators and thats a scary thought if its and indication of whats to come .
Old 2007-06-15, 08:09   Link #11
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Jugulators? As in the jugular vein? I don't know what that means but hopefully it indicates that we'll see a bloodbath. Orihime and Nell need to make their exit. It's hard to get into this battle with two healers ready to fix up Ichigo on a moment's notice. Plus Rukia still needs healing, hopefully they'll attend to her while Ichigo fights.
Old 2007-06-15, 08:40   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Jugulators the word was coined by a Brit Rock Act in 80 s Judas Preist . The exact meaning is unknown, hopefully its jugular vein as you said . The thought of Jaguars still creep me . Also GJ character design is inspired to roughly put it ......

Quote:
GJ == Slip Knot + Gamma Akutabi ( Zombie Powder) .
Also seeing the slipknot connection Jugulators may just be a dedication to Judas Priest .

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-06-15 at 08:54.
Old 2007-06-15, 08:56   Link #13
kagato3

most likely it is a ref to the song/album Jugulator given the vast numbers of chapter titles that have refered to songs in the past. The title also seems fitting given that both grim and ichi are truely beasts in battle.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-06-15, 09:02   Link #14
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The title also seems fitting given that both grim and ichi are truely beasts in battle.
Very nicely put that pretty much sums up the title discussion .
Old 2007-06-15, 10:19   Link #15
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx View Post
It's not like I actively haunt forums to find out the latest new chapters thankyouverymuch. So I just recently heard of it?
Of course, but since you are here discussing the newest chapter one would assume you have read the previous ones, otherwise you wouldnt really be following the story and thus it wouldnt be enjoyable. You dont have to actively haunt forums to find out about the latest chapters to know about the name of the Grimmjows release, as it was first stated in chapter 236, which has been out for at least 9 months now.

I can understand if youve just forgotten the name though, since it has been a long while.

As for the whole Jugulators thing, I would rather not have a bloodbath, instead a more realistic fight. We have had plenty of bloodbaths that just made it look stupid how both fighters came out alive (Renji against Byakuya immidiately comes to mind). Of course, if one of them dies then a bloodbath would be nice, but since by "one of them" it can only mean Grimmjow, I still would rather not.
Old 2007-06-15, 11:06   Link #16
ipernorris

Ok this fight will be awesome and Grimmjaw will lose most likely, because Ichigo has been owned too much for my tastes. But the fight is pointless: if Ichigo will win this fight he will have to fight the top 4 Espadas, starting from Ulquiorra who has already owned him once: twice won't be such a surprise I guess, supposing Ichigo will get regenerated by Shanron-Inoue of course, otherwise it would be even more meaningless. Let's say a miracle happen: Ulquiorra is moved by Ichigo's determination and falls in love with him, starting to help his escape. Aizen could just send the Terza Espada and own evreything again, or he could just do it directly.
It's hopeless right now, an external intervention is obvious: a team to rescue the rescue team!
Old 2007-06-15, 15:45   Link #17
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Well, the RAW is out and I have to say it looks kind of boring despite the action. We see a bit of Nell, oozing cuteness as usual, getting comforted by Orihime and then Ichigo and Grimm go at it. Ichigo powers up to bankai. Grimmjow mocks him. Fires huge a cero. Pretty typical. Haven't seen the translation yet. Maybe the dialog is more interesting.
Old 2007-06-15, 16:30   Link #18
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The first frame on the first page caught my eye . Its a bird no its a plane ... its a Hollow Bird . A scout for Aizen perhaps ? cant be a coincicdence IMO first time we have ever come across one
Old 2007-06-15, 16:39   Link #19
Vicious108

Just seen the RAW.

And well... nothing happened, unless the dialog is awesome this is a pretty pointless chapter.
Old 2007-06-15, 17:26   Link #20
lucasd

4 pages of Inoue telling that Ichigo will win....
Only cool stuff is double cero by Grimmjaw
Closed Thread