AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: finding it difficult to make time for anime?
yes 46 56.10%
no 36 43.90%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-27, 23:06   Link #1
animeboy12

Anyone else finding it difficult to make time for anime?

Just wondering if I'm the only one going through this. I don't know why but I'm just finding it hard to sit down and watch my anime. As of right now the only series I'm motivated to watch is Michiko to Hatchin because how fresh and different it is compare to the others. Others than that I'm turtling through other series.

I guess my main issue it's that there just a lot of other things than watching anime. Anyone else suffering from this?
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 01:27   Link #2
Kyomi
What do I know?

Well I don't watch local television on play video games, so despite the fact that anime is time consuming I don't really do anything else when I want to relax. It does stumble upon schoolwork time once in a while but I don't mind too much. If not I can usually fit it well into my daily schedule.
Old 2008-11-28, 01:45   Link #3
Theowne
耳をすませば

No, not really. I am an engineering student, and on top of that I have two music lessons per week plus Japanese class for 3 hours....but at the end of the day, anime takes up a few hours per week, so in moderation, I think if it can fit in my schedule, then most people will probably have time for it. I think your problem is more one of lack of motivation, or preferring something else over watching anime.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 04:39   Link #4
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Not at all, I have work from 8 a.m to 5 p.m mon-sun (except thursday).
And I still find time to watch all the anime I want.

After getting home I eat, take a cold shower, then it's off to watching anime till 11 p.m. I'm following two series right now (Toradora and Shugo Chara) yet there's still so much spare time at night. I can even chat at MSN for awhile and still watch the latest episodes without problems.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 04:46   Link #5
Kagekyuubi

No one bit. I always make time for my hobbies, but whether I use that time to nap or do stuff is another thing.
Kagekyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 05:26   Link #6
-Kh-
ポルカ

The only problem I have to make time for watching anime is deciding if actually watching anime or playing games.

Since the time I have to watch anime on long sessions during my free time, is comparted with games.

I usually watch 2-3 anime episodes every night just before going to sleep, but I'm mainly talking about watching all my backlog anime ifor 3+ hours, it is either that, or playing one of my many games that I still have unfinished on the different consoles.

Besides that, as for the problems the OP is refering to, I have none. I'm really interested on many of this seasons animes, and some from last season that haven't finished yet. Let for 3 or 4 shows, the overall quality is somewhat lower than other seasons, but I still find many of the shows entertaining and interesting.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 05:33   Link #7
Tiran86

The only commitments I have are my job, which is only around 30 hours a week. Most of my friends are out of town in college, and the ones who are work and are in school, there are no video games I'm really into, and I have no girlfriend. I've got all the free time in the world for anime at the moment.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 05:40   Link #8
oompa loompa

Well, theres always time. I dont really think thats the issue. Maybe youre just not interested in anime at the moment, that happens to me a lot after i watch a terrible show. or if i get completely hooked on a game. or if i feel sporty and end up playing a lot of soccer. there are a lot of things other than anime which is cool. im going to guess ( this might not necessarily be a good thing) that youll go through a phase where youll watch a lot of anime again
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 07:32   Link #9
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

My problem is "there are too many awesome animes in some seasons".I plan to
watch Kurozuka but I do not have time enough.
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 07:43   Link #10
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Not really, just that there's too many shows that have a higher watchability than the rest of them.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 08:25   Link #11
othera

I don't have enough time to watch anime.. really sucks :/
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 10:33   Link #12
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Not really. I make sure that I get to watch anime everyday, especially the latest episodes released from the subbers. I kinda get a little dizzy if I don't. >.< Seriously , I do.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 13:55   Link #13
Shadow Kira01

I don't have enough time to watch anime, especially that I got ps2 and ds games to play.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 16:47   Link #14
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well I have plenty of time to watch it its just lately I've been chosing to do other things besides watching anime. I have only 3 series I'm currently watching and not frequently either. I'm way behind in Soul Eater and only on episode 3 of Gundam 00.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 17:20   Link #15
LeviathanDarkly
ℳℴℯ❤

Yes.. Kind of. I'm serving in the army right now, and it's has been a little difficult to find time and be at the mood for watching anime. I but I'm working on it as it's importent to me.
LeviathanDarkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 03:49   Link #16
kawaii_mg

Send a message via Yahoo to kawaii_mg
i'm finding it hard because of my daily schedule..
school work.. school work..
kawaii_mg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 08:14   Link #17
Grif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaii_mg View Post
i'm finding it hard because of my daily schedule..
school work.. school work..
same for me, but i find the time .

got a holiday in a few weeks anyway, yay.
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 10:08   Link #18
wontaek

There just are too many different things you have to do in life. Must prioritize appropriately, ugghhh!!
Old 2008-11-29, 10:36   Link #19
AceD
See You En' Tee

ye i find it hard, mainly because i have a life during the day....then on a night i either go out, or play gears of war2 on the xbox...then i watch all these on-going animes in my sig + other completed ones, so id like more time.
Old 2008-11-29, 13:49   Link #20
Slice of Life
eyewitness

It's not hard for me. The question is simply how do want to invest your free time? Just for comparison: the average European watches about 200 minutes of TV per day. In the same time you could watch over 8 anime episodes, OP and ED included - or 56 per week. That's about the total number of anime airing at the moment I think.

I'm watching a lot of anime. OK, not 56 but 18 series at the moment. That amounts to about only one hour/day. Still more than enough free time to follow the news, read books or meet your friends. It helps that I virtually don't watch TV anymore, or play games, or burn my time on IRC or 4chan.