AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-12-15, 18:09   Link #1
ReddyRedWolf

Hasbro's G.I. JOE Cinematic Universe (G.I. JOE, ROM, Micronauts, MASK)

Paramount, Hasbro to Unite G.I. Joe, ROM and Micronauts in One Universe - Spinoff Online - TV, Film, and Entertainment News Daily
Quote:
Paramount, Hasbro to Unite G.I. Joe, ROM and Micronauts in One Universe

Taking full advantage of their literal toybox, Hasbro and Paramount Pictures plans to create an interconnected movie universe that unites G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionairies, M.A.S.K. and ROM.

“Paramount and Hasbro have had a longstanding relationship and we’re proud of the success we’ve enjoyed on the Transformers and G.I. Joe franchises,” Paramount CEO Brad Grey said in a statement published by The Hollywood Reporter. “We’re excited to grow our agreement and make even more movies based upon these popular and powerful Hasbro characters and their worlds.”

As the two have already done with “Transformers,” Paramount and Hasbro’s Allspark Pictures plan to establish a writers’ room to create a blueprint for this movie universe.

Paramount has already released two “G.I. Joe” films, 2009’s “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” and 2013’s “G.I. Joe: Retaliation,” neither of which was greeted warmly by fans or critics. A third installment of the franchise was officially announced in 2013, but it’s unknown whether this new deal will change those plans.

Hasbro first teased a potential Micronauts movie, based on the 1970 sci-fi toy line, in 2009. M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand), which inspired a short-lived 1980s TV series, was listed as a “new brand” by the toymaker over the summer, suggesting a revival of the action figures.
The last time Hasbro did this was a little promotional comic called UNIT:E which was tangently related to Transformers: Prime through Agent Fowler, the agency he is working for is called UNIT:E.

Are the Transformers part of this Verse? No they are not it seems. Which is a shame as much of their tech can be explained as reversed engineered tech for G.I. Joe, Rom and M.A.S.K.. Transformers are having their own cinematic universe. Which to me the story protagonist shouldn't be Optimus Prime. Which means other TFs like say Fortress Maximus or Rodimus should shine.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-15, 23:17   Link #2
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh God No! Not another Cinematic Universe.
We already have the MCU, the DCCU and the Universal Monsters CU. We don't need another one!
Old 2015-12-16, 17:01   Link #3
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

If they're really going to go ahead with this idea, these are my two main priorities:

1. That the Visionaries film stays true to the original cartoon (especially with the handling of the villains).

2. That Hector Ramirez (a character that appeared in various Marvel/Hasbro cartoons) is somehow involved in this universe.

Tags
g.i. joe, hasbro, mask, micronauts, rom