AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2022-08-07, 23:56   Link #1
videoman190

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

The teaser trailer was just announced!

No other info but it will come to consoles and PC.

Last edited by videoman190; 2024-03-19 at 06:30.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-08, 07:00   Link #2
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
About. Fcking. Time.

Now if only we get a new Last Blade.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 06:36   Link #3
videoman190

Offical trailers
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube

Quote:
After a tense Grand Finals at SNK World Cup, new trailers were also shown.

*New REV system allowing for special move chaining
*Hotaru and Tizoc/Griffin return alongside newcomer Preecha, who uses certain moves from Joe Higashi.
*English Dub confirmed
*Demo to be shown at EVO Japan
*Early 2025 release date

YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube

Rev it up!
Old 2024-03-20, 07:24   Link #4
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I hope they try a bit deeper story mode rather than just having a rival and then face the final boss. Tekken 8 tried to redeem Jin Kazama after his horrible Hitler moves from 6 and Rock needs something similar considering he abandoned Terry. Maybe they are gonna become enemies but the length of the story mode allow the screentime to end the arc?

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2024-03-20 at 07:37.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-07, 17:57   Link #5
videoman190

2nd trailer

New trailers One returning and one brand new character he could be Grant's student

B.Jenet
English

Japanese

Vox Reaper

English

Japanese

Quote:
YASUYUKI ODA AND HAYATO KONYA TALK ABOUT SNK'S RECENT TITLE FOR IGN
Producer Yasuyuki Oda and director Hayato Konya spoke a little about Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves and The King of Fighters XV for IGN Latin America and we at Power Geyser translated it in the post below, check it out:
My name is Yasuyuki Oda and I am the Chief Producer.
My name is Hayato Konya and I am Director
IGN: How long has the game been developing?
ODA: Last order took about 2.5 years.
KONYA: I started working for about half a year with development and then about a year and a half.
ODA: so it's been about two years
IGN: Rock is different, looks younger than in KOF XV?
ODA: Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves is about a year and a half to two of the Garou: Mark of the Wolves events, so it's been about two years since then.
IGN: What can you tell us about Preecha, Joe's apprentice?
ODA: Preecha was inspired by a character design that was leaked during Garou 2 development, which was then cancelled during pre-production a long time ago.
KONYA: So what she's doing is investigating the science behind how fighters can perform mysterious techniques like the Power Geyser or Reppuken. She tries to figure out how they can generate flames or powers with their hands. So her fighting style is Muay Thai, as she is a disciple of Joe Higashi and while fighting she also shows some originality and her brave personality.
IGN: Will we see characters from other franchises, old acquaintances or new characters?
ODA: Mmmmm, sim!
KONYA: OH THIS IS AMAZING!
IGN: What is the difference between SPG System and MotW Top System?
KONYA: Well, what we call the "SPG System" is the successor to Garou's "Top System": Mark of the Wolves. The SPG System retains the features of being able to select at the beginning, middle or end of the life bar. But basically, what it does in conjunction with the REV System is to enhance the "Top Attack", in this case is called the "REV Blow". So now there's an improved REV Blow attack.
ODA well depending on the position
KONYA: IT IS TRUE. Where should I put it now? Currently working on developing this system
IGN: Fighting games' trend is to simplify controls, that's why they added Smart Style in FF: CotW?
ODA: I agree. Previously, someone who had the ability to execute special powers commands was valued, but now we live in an era where consensus is that it is not necessary to execute complex commands to make a special power. So the reason for implementing the "Smart System" is that everyone has the opportunity to do them without complications.
IGN: The art style for a sprite comic, was it intentional to look old-fashioned with a modern twist?
ODA: Well, this time the art style was inspired by American comics, but since most developers are Japanese, it's a Japanese take on American comics. Wonder if it will be similar to the comics from the comics.
IGN: We saw a churro shack, will there be more references to Latin American culture?
ODA : Aaaah ! This time, everything happens in different areas of South Town, so unlike KOF, which is worldwide.
IGN: So how churros are famous around the world, and the Japanese like them too...
ODA: The Japanese and everyone likes churros, so we decided to add them in South Town.
IGN: Are you planning to include FF: CotW in SWC?
ODA: Well, after the launch of CotW, we plan to support it with our sports program, but before that, we will continue to work for KOFXV to remain SNK's main sport for a long time.
IGN: If you are working on KOFXV, can we expect a Season 3?
ODA: We are currently focusing all our efforts on making sure CotW is launched in the best possible way. So, for now, that's all the information we can share on this subject.
IGN: Any final comments?
ODA: Thank you to all our fans EVO Japan will happen again this year, so I'd like to continue KOFXV spread there as well, so I would appreciate the support from both FF: CotW and KOFXV. Thank you very much!
Source: https://youtu.be/hoTDMYoNzoo?si=4KYZSLlt5eFuLZTh

Last edited by videoman190; 2024-06-08 at 02:26.

Tags
fighting