Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-10-07, 07:18   Link #1
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

From Jealousy, a look at Love in Anime

According to Wikipedia, Jealousy is "an emotion, and the word typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something of great personal value, particularly in reference to a human connection." So, we all know why different people loves in different ways: No one is alike. But that give me another notion: Does different people jealous in different ways?

To my observation, the answer is: "Yes". Firstly, it's the the problem of determine whether would it be truly Jealousy or Envy: I suppose it's the matter of Possessiveness of one party to another. Then, the key factor: "Jealousy often consists of a combination of emotions such as anger, resentment, inadequacy, helplessness and disgust." (Wikipedia) Finally, it's the level of jealous: Are you the type to hold it inside you (type 1), explode (type 2), playing against them (type 3),...

So, back to anime. So far, the most that I have seen is type 1 and 2. But again, is this enough? Do you really want to see jealousy in a different way on anime? Because I have this feeling that its relationship to Love is two-side: Jealousy changes with Loves.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote