AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-20, 08:41   Link #1
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Gdgd-dogs

Despite being a guy, i occasionally give good Shoujo manga a spin, and this one got me cracking right off the bat.
As usual i won't bother writing a lengthy summary so here's the one from MF:
"Tezuka Kanna, 15, is a girl who loves manga. For that reason, she specifically enrolls in a course for manga in Tokiwa High School as a freshman! No one knows though, that she is already a debuting manga artist. ...But wait, what's this?! Three handsome guys suddenly appear, and what's more they know!!! Kanna (God) vs. Those Guys (Devils)!!! What would happen next?!"
I seriously laughed out loud reading the first chapter, really like the main girl so far. She's adorably tsun-tsun sofar with alot of tsukkomi for her character.
Check it out, regardless of being male or female, it's interesting and that's all that counts, am i right? (Bakuman ftw)
edit: for the genre, it's pretty much a comedy with hints of bakuman D:

Last edited by LeaD36; 2011-12-20 at 12:19.
Old 2011-12-20, 11:33   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Despite being a guy, i occasionally give good Shoujo magna a spin, and this one got me cracking right off the bat.

As usual i won't bother writing a lengthy summary so here's the one from MF:
"Tezuka Kanna, 15, is a girl who loves manga. For that reason, she specifically enrolls in a course for manga in Tokiwa High School as a freshman! No one knows though, that she is already a debuting manga artist. ...But wait, what's this?! Three handsome guys suddenly appear, and what's more they know!!! Kanna (God) vs. Those Guys (Devils)!!! What would happen next?!"

I seriously laughed out loud reading the first chapter, really like the main girl so far. She's adorably tsun-tsun sofar with a lot of tsukkomi for her character.
Check it out, regardless of being male or female, it's interesting and that's all that counts, am i right? (Bakuman ftw)

edit: for the genre, it's pretty much a comedy with hints of bakuman D:

Well, so what if you are a guy and like to read shoujo every now and again?

Anyhow I noticed this title yesterday on an online reader and thought "What the ... a spinoff of gdgd fairies? Do I wanna look? Nah...." But thanks to your making the thread I will give it a look today.
Old 2011-12-20, 12:20   Link #3
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

^Nthn to it, i just despise most shoujo manga for their art style and repeated use of cliché/mainsteram plotelements (even worse than most generic shounen)
Old 2011-12-20, 13:07   Link #4
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

No offense bro, but this author is really firmly among the mainstream shoujo authors you dislike.

But she seems to be strangely popular around this subforum for whatever reason. Not that I have a problem with it or anything, just something I noticed.
Old 2011-12-20, 13:31   Link #5
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
No offense bro, but this author is really firmly among the mainstream shoujo authors you dislike.

But she seems to be strangely popular around this subforum for whatever reason. Not that I have a problem with it or anything, just something I noticed.
tbh she isn't D: i liked her titles so far, they were exceptionally cute.
i can show you a few dozen shoujos though who were exactly the same, starting from the character design / faces to the friggin same romantic plotlines each time.
They pissed me off really hard. I'm pretty sure there are some people (99% girls) who enjoy manga like that, i just don't.
I read koko ni iru yo by her, which i really really liked (the main girl was incredibly cute and adorable most of the time) + watashi ni xx shinasai was atleast half decent (still a better love story than twilight and knim).
Since i'm studying for finals (evolutional psychology tmr @ 10 am CET) i might aswell give her other series a spin while i'm at it D:
Ahya, the author's name is TOOYAMA Ema (not like i particularly care about author's names, heck i gotta learn hundreds of names for fucking psychology finals, for each exam)
Old 2011-12-20, 22:16   Link #6
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well ... I picked it up this evening. At present there are 9 chapters available (from ch 00 to 09).

And it IS pretty funny actually.
Old 2012-03-02, 13:00   Link #7
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Kanna actually pisses me off. She comes off as a pretentious, stuck-up bitch. This is the only time I haven't liked a Tooyama heroine. I hope she gets character development.