AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-07-18, 14:29   Link #1
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Mobile Broadband

I am looking into getting mobile broadband however all the major seems to cap off at 5gig per month.

Is there a company still offers unlimited broadband access?

I live in the SF-Bay Area, California.
Old 2008-07-18, 16:27   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not only do the telcos cap usage ... their Terms of Service make the product almost unusable (no torrents, no games, for example which is extra silly since they don't object to http/ftp downloads as such, we'll cut you off without notice if you annoy us). I've had no luck finding a mobile broadband service with an acceptable business class agreement.

To get my business they should have:
1) No whining about packet content or type.
2) Reasonable network congestion throttling okay for load spikes but not as a rule.
3) No caps. Set a reasonable limit for the network capability (5Gb, 10GB, whatever) and charge me some $$ per GB excess if you want.
4) If I swamp the system, defend as necessary.
Old 2008-07-18, 18:53   Link #3
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not only do the telcos cap usage ... their Terms of Service make the product almost unusable (no torrents, no games, for example which is extra silly since they don't object to http/ftp downloads as such, we'll cut you off without notice if you annoy us). I've had no luck finding a mobile broadband service with an acceptable business class agreement.

To get my business they should have:
1) No whining about packet content or type.
2) Reasonable network congestion throttling okay for load spikes but not as a rule.
3) No caps. Set a reasonable limit for the network capability (5Gb, 10GB, whatever) and charge me some $$ per GB excess if you want.
4) If I swamp the system, defend as necessary.
i am with you but looks like we will have to wait a while. All the companies have this 5gig limit with a additional charges per mb.
Old 2008-07-19, 00:53   Link #4
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Mobile broadband won't see real "unlimited" plans for quite a while. Not without a reshaping of the technologies/frequency allotments.

Despite the great strides made so far, it's still a very expensive, low capacity system. It's just the sad reality of wireless technology.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote