AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-12-10, 14:48   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Gundam 00 - General Character Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss things related to all the Gundam 00 characters who are not fortunate enough to have a thread of their own.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Gundam fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 15:26   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

In the past few episodes, we have a Saji/Louise scene --- now they include Louise's Mother. Also (at the moment) they have nothing to do with the main story at hand, so that's what has me thinking about future speculation surrounding the two.

So what do you think we'll see from this two in the future? I guess the most common thought would be death for one of them (i'm guessing Louise, because we have heard Saji's thoughts on CB in the past).
Old 2007-12-10, 15:45   Link #3
monster

Here's a thought: no death on any of them. Having death being the driving force of character development is just boring to me.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 19:14   Link #4
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Saji=future Gundam Meister?

Maybe
Old 2007-12-10, 20:37   Link #5
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Saji=future Gundam Meister?

Maybe
He's an engineering student, so I can see him more as a mechanic on the Ptolemaios.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 20:45   Link #6
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
He's an engineering student, so I can see him more as a mechanic on the Ptolemaios.
maybe he'll oppose the gundam meisters.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 20:51   Link #7
monster

Regarding Saji: wouldn't involving him directly with the war kind of goes against the supposed purpose they (might've) had for him? We already have Setsuna, Felt, and Soma (and maybe a few others) in the teenager-in-battlefield department. I think it'd be nice to see what Saji could get out of this whole situation as an informed citizen (or at least, hopefully getting to that point before the end of the series) while staying as a bystander throughout the whole thing.
Old 2007-12-10, 22:32   Link #8
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Regarding Saji: wouldn't involving him directly with the war kind of goes against the supposed purpose they (might've) had for him? We already have Setsuna, Felt, and Soma (and maybe a few others) in the teenager-in-battlefield department. I think it'd be nice to see what Saji could get out of this whole situation as an informed citizen (or at least, hopefully getting to that point before the end of the series) while staying as a bystander throughout the whole thing.
but then there would really be no real point to his character i'm sure there's loads of people who will come out of this as informed citizens, there has to be a specific reason that they focus on one kid out of a million choices.
Old 2007-12-10, 23:57   Link #9
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
but then there would really be no real point to his character i'm sure there's loads of people who will come out of this as informed citizens, there has to be a specific reason that they focus on one kid out of a million choices.
Simple, because they can't focus on everyone. And he's already close enough to the main plot (without actually being in it) since his sister is a reporter. And being a neighbor with Setsuna is a bonus. Think of the interaction they could have. He might even play a factor in Setsuna's future development. The point is, they could do so much with his character without having him involved directly in the fighting.
Old 2007-12-11, 01:51   Link #10
Skull.T
A guy with gun.

Send a message via MSN to Skull.T
Saji & Louise, they must be related with main story at some point. The relationship may from Saji's sister or Louise's family?
Skull.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 02:09   Link #11
Slayerx

y'know i was kind of thinking... i recall that atleast a few people suspected a few things like Teirra becoming an antagonist of the series, and stuff like Celestial Being having some hidden evil motives or something... well one thing i want to throw in to that is Wang Liu-Mei... Her last statement calling this battle a failure and of praising the gundams while saying that the Meisters are lacking, gives me a very subtle feel about her; it feels similar to the way Teirra talks CB's priorities and talking down to the others... ya she didn't say it like teirra said it but it does sound like a line he would use... makes me think... maybe...

Last edited by Slayerx; 2007-12-11 at 02:21.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 04:33   Link #12
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Wouldn't that also apply to Alejandro Corner? I mean, he also stated that all he could do is watch and even if CB or the Meisters destroy themselves, he could only watch and not do a thing about it.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 13:51   Link #13
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Wouldn't that also apply to Alejandro Corner? I mean, he also stated that all he could do is watch and even if CB or the Meisters destroy themselves, he could only watch and not do a thing about it.
Well that's more of neutral comment... a more villianious comment would be if he said he WON'T do something; implying he could but chooses not to... reason i highlight Wang's comment is that its that sort of, it kind of gives the idea that she may not care about the pilots, atleast not as much as she cares about the gundams; which is how Teirra sees things

Grant it, if theories are correct and CB ends up having a hidden motive and ends up being the villian in all this or something, then obviously their will be those within CB that were in on the hidden motive... Alejandro could ofcourse be one of such poeple

Frankly i think a better question concerning Alejandro is will he actually do anything at all? i mean considering his comments is he suppose to just sit their and make comments throughout the series, or is he gonna play some actual role in the plot...
Old 2007-12-11, 15:44   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Saji x Louise are starting to appear as a comic relief duo at this point to me and with the introduction of mother it's like a trio of Rock Paper Scissors. Mother beat Saji, Louise beats Mother and Saji beats Louise (sort of).
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 18:58   Link #15
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Saji x Louise are starting to appear as a comic relief duo at this point to me and with the introduction of mother it's like a trio of Rock Paper Scissors. Mother beat Saji, Louise beats Mother and Saji beats Louise (sort of).
I guess they can be viewed as comic relief at the moment. I don't really think it's like Rock, Paper, Scissors. It's more like this. Mother beats Saji, Louise beats Saji, Lousie, and Mother beat each other up. lol Saji seems like such a wimp, he's getting pushed around by his girlfriend, and his girlfriends mother.
Old 2007-12-11, 19:43   Link #16
kari-no-sugata

Saji's sister is trying to discover the background on CB.

Somehow, I don't think she'll come up empty handed, unlike everyone else.

So, what if CB find out about this (ie Setsuna finds out by accident) before her report is finished/broadcast and they consider her info to be very dangerous to them? Would they order Setsuna to kill her? Or maybe kidnap her (to find out her sources by interrogation, and torture if necessary)? It could quite easily get very nasty very quickly. This could lead to a big change in Saji - ie show how "ordinary" people can become terrorists or counter-terrorists.

As a side note, I still wonder what Setsuna is doing in Tokyo in the first place. We haven't seen the other Meisters having something similar.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 20:23   Link #17
Slayerx

Quote:
oh also, one thing you should recall, many gundam pilots started out as engineering students

Well, when it comes to becoming a Meister or a memeber of the crew it's not for him to decide... when it comes down to it, it seems like Vada is the one that chooses who joins... and judging from some of characters i've heard about in the manga, i don't think a meister is given much choice in the matter... Saji could very well be chosen by Vada later on and forced to fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Saji's sister is trying to discover the background on CB.

Somehow, I don't think she'll come up empty handed, unlike everyone else.

So, what if CB find out about this (ie Setsuna finds out by accident) before her report is finished/broadcast and they consider her info to be very dangerous to them? Would they order Setsuna to kill her? Or maybe kidnap her (to find out her sources by interrogation, and torture if necessary)? It could quite easily get very nasty very quickly. This could lead to a big change in Saji - ie show how "ordinary" people can become terrorists or counter-terrorists.
You do bring up an interesting point... aside from interfering with battles one thing that that the CB seems to take serious value is maintaining their secrets... be it information on their weapons or on the members, they want to keep every secret possible; hell for the most part, they don't even trust eachother...

CB killing innocent poeple (as opposed to soldiers) for knowing too much would really get poeple thinking differently and help provide more motivation for other characters; it might even get the meisters (the more human ones...) to think twice about what they are doing... grant it, the only poeple that will know will probably be only a select few poeple since CB would obviously try to cover up their involvement...

It could be a long running thing like, Saji's sister is killed and Saji has enough reason to think it wasn't an accident... he looks into what his sister was doing and found out enough to conclude that it was CB... ya it's been done before, but it's usually works out fairly well
Old 2007-12-11, 20:45   Link #18
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
well one thing i want to throw in to that is Wang Liu-Mei... Her last statement calling this battle a failure and of praising the gundams while saying that the Meisters are lacking, gives me a very subtle feel about her; it feels similar to the way Teirra talks CB's priorities and talking down to the others... ya she didn't say it like teirra said it but it does sound like a line he would use... makes me think... maybe...
That brought some thought to my mind... Wang Liu Mei being something like a dark version of Lacus and Tieria being a dark version of Kira - her knight and defender. Wouldn't that be cool? But I guess it'd be also a bit cheezy, huh?
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 00:01   Link #19
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well that's more of neutral comment... a more villianious comment would be if he said he WON'T do something; implying he could but chooses not to... reason i highlight Wang's comment is that its that sort of, it kind of gives the idea that she may not care about the pilots, atleast not as much as she cares about the gundams; which is how Teirra sees things

Grant it, if theories are correct and CB ends up having a hidden motive and ends up being the villian in all this or something, then obviously their will be those within CB that were in on the hidden motive... Alejandro could ofcourse be one of such poeple

Frankly i think a better question concerning Alejandro is will he actually do anything at all? i mean considering his comments is he suppose to just sit their and make comments throughout the series, or is he gonna play some actual role in the plot...
He could pretty say something like that, but with that smile....*shivers* I mean, he said that line with that weird smile on his face...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 10:35   Link #20
Ichimaru

saji and luoise should be killd off

they are irritating specially luoise who serves no purpose besides being a childish character
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote