2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-11-06, 06:24   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 31 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 31.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 06:32   Link #2
tdx

RAISE YOUR DEATH FLAG. Those flags can't be higher than they are now, can they.

The episode continues to build tension, and the whole time I was wondering who would die, while my hate for Mossa grew more and more. He and Radice are the worst kind of scum, calling the Tekkadan kids animals and dogs easy to tame, and Mossa's comment about human debris, like he likes the concept, is just... Both need to die a horrible death and soon, or I won't be satisfied. Mossa is right to fear Tekkadan's main forces' arrival, because "there are some among them who knows how to think". You're right, fucker, and I so hope they will be the end of you and that Ratdice.

On another note, having a stooge like Mossa speaks tons about what kind of bastard Rustal is. McGillis comes off as an angel in comparison.

Basically, the episode continued to emphasize how much of a child Takaki still is, how easy he is to manipulate and how helpless even if he understands that something is very wrong. This is especially contrasting with the level of maturity that Eugene has gained compared to season 1, living up to the position of Orga's right-hand man now: predictably, the enemy is trying to stall Hotarubi in the orbit via red tape bs, but "we're not the same as we were back then, there's plenty of other ways." Judging by the next episode's preview, Eugene succeeds in getting his forces to Earth through those 'other ways'. Way to go, Eugene, way to go. And I'm glad the 3 weeks of the trip to Earth took less than 1 episode, that at least takes care of my pacing concerns for now.

McGillis is having a hard time deciding on his course of actions as the stalemate in the fight between Arbrau and the SAU is being instrumentally prolonged by Rustal and his dogs. But he finally does, heading to the battlefield himself. and it's an action that Mossa doesn't expect, so there is hope, I want to believe. The worst part though is that Mossa is obviously intend on using Tekkadan as his meat shields, so the possibility of McGillis clashing with Tekkadan directly is high, and this is no good for the Macky-Orga alliance and, also, it might end up splitting the Tekkadan members later on if, say, Aston or Takaki die there but the alliance continues despite that.

From other things: Lafter has a thing for Akihiro after all (though she probably doesn't really realize it herself yet), and now Azee is starting to catch on it. Mika's deadpan comment about Eugene just imitating Orga masterfully spoiled Eugene's moment of cool (the show sure loves turning Eugene's cool moments into comedic ones lol). So Hush is with the Earth-bound group and Mika's apparently even gotten a persmission from Orga for him to pilot a Shiden off-screen, and now Hush is being a diligent little subordinate and even shows some personality (and Mika doesn't suck in explaining the prep work check list before piloting, huh). Speaking of Orga, despite his words, I still think he made some bad personnel choices for the Earth branch (hell, even Macky outright said that Tekkadan has no leaders, and speaking of, why can't he just tell all these particulars of the situation to Orga? why keep him in the dark here?). GaliGali having a little identity crisis? And why does Julieta keep coming to him to talk, because they're kind of kindred spirits in her view after last episode's talk about being supposedly no-names? Or does she just have no one to talk to...?

It's hard to gather what's gonna happen from the almost spoiler-free preview, but with this much buildup, it will be a miracle if neither Takaki nor Aston dies in the next episode, with Aston being more likely to die now that he's been specifically namedropped in such a fashion by Mossa.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 06:39   Link #3
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

The death flags for Aston and Takaki are waving so hard this ep. And they're the last characters I want to see die in Tekkadan for eff's sake *cry*

Lafter's comment on Akihiro totally put a smile on my face, since I'm shipping them hard since S1.
Wish it's gonna get better
Old 2016-11-06, 06:43   Link #4
Tormenk

I'm torn between seeing Takaki and Aston to survive or either one of them die since the resulting development either way would still be good. If one of them's going to die, I would see Aston living on if just because he received the reminder from Takaki that things are different from the past,that he has the freedom to choose and own his actions. He would live on carrying on that message to other Human Debris kids.

Next week can't come fast enough.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 07:00   Link #5
Irenesharda

It's honestly a little challenging getting to see this on TV as I live in Japan now, but yet still knowing so little of the language that I can only use inferences as to what's going on in the episode until the subs come out.
But I welcome a challenge!

But as to my overall first impressions, the war they are showing here is quite gritty. I like how they expressed how little control poor Takaki has, and that anger and frustration he showed towards Galan was heart wrenching. He knows something is wrong and he's losing so many guys on his watch. The older kids can't come soon enough. Takaki's going to need some help.

A lot of death flags this episode. At first I was sure that Takaki was going to die, but now it could equally be Aston. I could see Aston sacrificing himself and it being a scar that Takaki will carry the rest of his life. I would love it if he personally ended Radice.

But that's not even the worst of it. You just feel so annoyed that no one is getting rid of Galan and Radice. And then I like how Radice's evil is accented by the infamous GREEN LIGHT OF DOOM! LOL

And Rustal is just sitting pretty in space while his evil plan is causing the unnecessary deaths of so many. Ugh!

The pacing was great in how fast they were able to get to Earth and how far the war has progressed. And it looks like it will only get worse.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 07:08   Link #6
FerrusManus

Well, the last time I got this "War is Hell" feeling I watched Argevollen. This episode also gives me that feeling. The war looks totaly pointless to me, fought over nothing. Its a stalemate, over and over again. Like the First World War and hundred years ago. It looks really bleak for the Earth Branch. I hope that at least one of the leads survives. And Galan Mossa is really as deplorable as I thought. Last week I called him IBO's equivalent to Ali Al-Saachez. And now he has shown that he is really on par with Ali in terms of cruelty and total disregard for his underlings. I hope he gets his ass kicked next week.

On the mechanical side we got several new MS:
- IPP-0032S Gilda (SAU's main MS, based on the Hexa Frame)
- AEB-06L Hloekk Graze (Arbrau's main MS, based on the Graze Frame)
- Scharfrichter (used by Mossas mercenaries, also based on the Graze I presume)
- a new Mobile Worker based on the same frame as the Union MW, but with a short-barreled howitzer instead of a long-barreled autocannon)

And we finally saw a fighter jet which was pretty useless thanks to the Ahab interference. These things need some Battlestar Galactica style modifications so that they don't crash when the interference is active.

Last edited by FerrusManus; 2016-11-06 at 07:22.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 07:10   Link #7
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

• Time-skip! (just a little)
  • Dem death-flags for Takaki & co are waving so high and mighty everywhere it’s not even funny. Even Fuka & Akihiro threw death flags on them too. With all these death flags, I’m actually expecting total annihilation for Earth branch Tekkadan (except for Chad maybe). Gotta brace for the worst, eh?
  • The war is pretty much rigged by Galan and Rustal’s faction. They make it so it last longer and longer just to drag down McG’s reputation.
  • We get to see Gayreal & Gilda in action. Sweet.
  • McGillis faction is set to fight Arbrau & Tekkadan. Now the question is, will he kill the Tekkadan kids to stop this well-arranged war? If so, that will make his alliance with Tekkadan a very very short one. I hope McG is smarter than that, but on the other hand, he doesn’t have much choice, does he?
  • I gotta say, Radice & Galan are such smooth scums. Their plan goes really really well, until McG throw a little bit of a surprise by interfering in unexpected time. Let’s see what come of it.

Note: Well, the show just answered the questions of why nobody uses fighter planes to fight in the final battle of season 1: because the radio interference from Ahab wave produced by MSs will screw those fighters up. Still, I don’t know how MWs are fine fighting alongside MSs but not the fighters. I mean, can’t they install whatever wave-resistant device the MW has on the planes?

Preview:
  • We see a Landman Rodi’s rifle aiming at McG’s Graze. It can be either Takaki or Aston. That can’t be good.
  • The return of Gusion’s Battleaxe!!! I’m so glad he stil use that. That giant nipper won’t be that effective on multiple foes.
  • We don’t see Takaki & Aston in the preview. That is not a good sign at all.
Old 2016-11-06, 07:13   Link #8
B214

RIP Takaki (& Aston)? I mean Takaki managed to escape his death flag in the 1st season, i suppose he might succumb to it now. Still Takaki is definitely not leader material. The long wait for next week begins.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 07:28   Link #9
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

concerning Chad's condition, why does the nurse said earth's healing chamber machine works slower than uh, martian or any space nation healing chambers? there is a technological gap or something?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 07:31   Link #10
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
concerning Chad's condition, why does the nurse said earth's healing chamber machine works slower than uh, martian or any space nation healing chambers? there is a technological gap or something?
Maybe they aren't actually healing him.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 07:33   Link #11
Skye629

Next episode is titled "My Friend"

Im not sure what else spells out DEATH louder in an anime focused on war/conflict lol

Soooooo to be the asshole....Time to place our bets!!!!

Takaki?
Aston?
The bad guys getting their just desserts???

And as a note Takaki/Aston probably have no idea about McGillis and their relation with him given their manipulated isolation. And its unclear who in Tekkadan knows of this alliance outside of the higher ranking ones. Plus Mr. Scumbag probably singled him out as nothing more than a high priority target of the enemy forces

All that being said, I actually cant wait for next week. Im loving everything about S2 so far, its skipping past some of the flaws of the first half while telling and interesting story which we actually want to see more of each week so far
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 08:20   Link #12
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Takaki is just too good-hearted and trusting for this show. I really hate thinking about his potential demise in the next episode, but it's so obvious now that he's getting swept under the rug with Galan calling the shots. He and Radice are literally chipping away at Tekkadan's Earth Branch with this conflict.

I'm also confused about the whole SAU and Abrau conflict to begin with. What is McGillis planning on doing knowing that he's got an uneasy alliance with Tekkadan? I know that Takaki and the rest of the Earth Branch don't know anything about it, so I wanna know what's gonna go down now.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 08:24   Link #13
Irenesharda

Oh Takaki, baby! Honey, sweetiepie...you--you're being played, darling. You can't keep blindly trusting every person who praises you a little bit.

I honestly don't think I've ever have ever hated a character in this series as much as I have Galan. Even beyond the cartoonish Kudal and the stupid First Group, this man in only two episodes has earned all my hatred. Him and that coward, Radice. Can we just him Rat? Because that's what he is.

And Rustal is the worst. All this just to ruin (not even kill) the reputation of one man? All these people die because of you and your sick rich people games? And I'm sorry but just from the apathy alone, Iok and Julietta are just as bad. You are killing so many just because you want to bring some guy you think is acting too high and might down and peg. You all are guilty.

And poor Takaki is so in over his head, and Aston doesn't have enough confidence yet having only been freed from slavery a little over a year ago. He's actually a little like Akihiro was in the beginning of the series and how he said that he and his would follow the orders of whoever was in charge since they had no other choice. Here, Aston says something similar in that he doesn't know yet how or when to question orders. To him he's still worthless, so whether someone is acting in his interest like Orga is, or just using him like Galan is, he can't tell the difference.

It because of this that I think that Aston might be the one to live and Takaki die, in order for him to learn this lesson. But then again, it might be that he learns this quickly next episode and chooses on his own to sacrifice himself for Takaki. But I'm pretty sure that one of them is going to die next episode, if just from the episode title alone. Though which one, I don't know yet.

This was such a dreary episode and now McGillis has taken the field. Mika and friends aren't being allowed to land, so of course they will find another way as they always do. I like that Orga is using McGillis' resources and has Isurugi investigating. I really hope they find out about how much they are being played before it's too late.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-06, 08:47   Link #14
tsunade666

uraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! what an annoying cliffhanger. death flags everywhere and lots of deaths for nameless Tekkadan troops. The reinforcement is coming but they would probably arrived to late.

hmm. I hope takaki lives just to suffer and grow a D. Aston would probably die but he will mature. He will disobey an order to save Takaki and Takaki would live with a survivor's guilt and would start to mature. Then he would hunt down the traitor and make them feel pain. if its aki and mika, they would die fast and won't even feel the pain they inflict on to others. This is my ideal scenario for this one.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2016-11-06 at 09:00.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 08:59   Link #15
Irenesharda

Quote:
I think they said something about how it takes longer but it does a better job healing. If that's the case it means that Earth ones are better in terms of quality rather than speed.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-06, 09:08   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know what? This arc basically shows the first drawback that Tekkadan suffered from making an alliance with McG's group. I mean, Rustal targeted Arbrau partly because Tekkadan's ties with McG. I don't know if Orga realized this, but if he does, he won't be happy and he will demand something worth all the (loyal) Tekkie members' lives that he lost from McG.
Old 2016-11-06, 09:11   Link #17
Tenzen12

Galan is on of hell bastard. I like hate him. Takaki might be bit naive in some areas but overly he is decent commander. That's far from enough to not get manipulated by fox like this.

Putting aside Lok I don't think Juliet is that bad. In her eyes anything Rustal does is right thing and all who stand in his way are amoral. She sees things in black and white, but I quite like her. I am pretty sure Vida-Vida does too. I just hope it will not get better of him.

And Darn Lafter, stop making me ship you with Akihiro, you have man already!
Old 2016-11-06, 09:17   Link #18
Twi

Quote:
Yeah. Remember, Earth was under Gjallahorn's thumb and they basically stalled unnecessary technology advancements since they didn't want a repeat of the Calamity War. And since they don't exactly think highly of implants, they'd focus on restoring the body entirely rather than putting them in a state where they can function with them.

Here's my review, and can I only say that I hate old men and their politics.

Last edited by Twi; 2016-11-06 at 09:32.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 09:37   Link #19
akumaten

These Abarau forces are the worse. They are setting up the Earth Tekkadan forces to die (obviously)!
Damn it, Takaki! Take charge!
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 09:41   Link #20
Azurial

LafterXAkihiro team yeaaaaa the looks in Anji's(Ange) eyes when she look at Lafter tell me that Lafter might fall for Akihiro XD since she like strong manly man so

LafterXAkihiro flag has been raise
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote