Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-19, 23:23   Link #1
cheese4u
da big boss

Unrequited love

Any unrequited love or rejection animes? I don't have any suggestions, because I haven't seen any. (Well there is one but i'm not gonna say it because I don't want you to model your answers around it.)
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2011-01-19, 23:25   Link #2
GreatTeacherKen

Honey and Clover- a good chunk of the drama revolves around the main characters having unrequited love for each other.
Old 2011-01-19, 23:26   Link #3
Jjo

NANA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nana_(manga)

There is every sort of relationship issue in the anime haha ^^
It's really sad >.<
Old 2011-01-19, 23:39   Link #4
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

You are aware that you're basically begging for spoilers, right?

Oh well, I'll play.

Spoiler for my recommendation:
Old 2011-01-20, 01:10   Link #5
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
You are aware that you're basically begging for spoilers, right?

Oh well, I'll play.

Spoiler for my recommendation:
I didn't mean love, unrequited in the end ( though if that is the case, that's fine). I was referring to a story where it's theme was unrequited love (I. E. The story seemed to revolve around one character liking another and not having those feelings reciprocated. Itazura no kiss (which I just thought of) would be a good example of this. Though I'm looking for boy liking girl not girl liking boy.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2011-01-20, 05:07   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'd second NANA, and recommend the manga Crazy to You, by Shinna Karuho. The story is about our main female character falling for a boy who doesn't feel the same was as she does, and that's the basic set up for the 24 chapters of the series.
Old 2011-01-20, 06:56   Link #7
antigone

honey and clover
gurren lagann
tower of druaga
demonbane
nana
aria
master of epic
Old 2011-01-20, 07:35   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

School Rumble is a monument to unrequited love. Played for laughs, though.
Old 2011-01-20, 13:58   Link #9
HimOsiris
第六隊隊長-Dai roku tai taichō

Lols Even School Days, the ever popular show.
Actually as a matter of fact there is Unrequited love is mostly every Harem based anime.
As out of all the lovers, the love of one will be successful and rest will be Unrequited.
So just search for Harem + Romance + drama here
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/search/genre
Old 2011-01-20, 17:14   Link #10
kitten320

Somehow all unrequited love animes that come to mind involve yuri/yaoi 0_o

Death Note kind of involves it, Misa-Misa is all over Light but he is not bothered.

El Cazador de la Bruja has a creepy stalking guy who is in love with the girl but she is not interested.

Fate/stay night also has some unrequited love going on.

Green Green has a girl who is in love with the guy while he tries to avoide her, more ecchi and comedy based.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! also has it, mostly in several last episodes though.

Love Hina, if you don't mind harem. The guy eventually chooses only one girl and all the rest are rejected. One of the characters got seriously interested and had some major developments, but I recommend manga here.

Mai HiME, has several cases like that.

Rosario + Vampire, another harem and manga also is better.

Suzuka, has love triangle going on.

Working! also covers the theme.

P.S. Ah, I think you can add Bamboo Blade, unrequited lobe happens somewhere towards the middle/ending. A bit weird relationships, but can be hilariouse

Each anime has different ending: happy and sad.
Which one is which I won't say =P

Last edited by kitten320; 2011-01-20 at 17:29.
Old 2011-01-20, 21:01   Link #11
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimOsiris View Post
Lols Even School Days, the ever popular show.
Actually as a matter of fact there is Unrequited love is mostly every Harem based anime.
As out of all the lovers, the love of one will be successful and rest will be Unrequited.
So just search for Harem + Romance + drama here
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/search/genre
Once again, I'm looking for a show where the theme is unrequited love. I'm well aware that most shows will have a character or two that don't get what they want in the end.
Old 2011-01-21, 04:26   Link #12
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
this looks like a hard one... I think you are looking for an anime where a person is in love with someone and they get rejected? If i'm reading that correctly here are some anime i think you might like..

Vampire Knight, Vampire Guilty http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=9009

Trinity Blood http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4874
now Trinity Blood is NOT a romance anime well not really but people get rejected left and right...

berserk http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=328
this anime is rated M for a reason... but yes this anime also has someone getting reject for a really really long time...

I think those anime fit what you are looking for but I could have misunderstood the question.. LOL

After reading your other description.. Do you think spice and wolf would work? I'm not really sure but I think it might... http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/spice-and-wolf

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last edited by NervZero; 2011-01-21 at 04:49.
Old 2011-01-21, 11:36   Link #13
kitten320

Do you want them to be rejected untill the end or it can change?
Old 2011-01-24, 14:24   Link #14
Seishin
私は、和のかがみのココロ

Send a message via MSN to Seishin
There's also these if any of them might suit your taste:
Quote:
Shuffle!
Kaede is a devoted high school student who lives with her adopted brother Rin. She holds a quiet confidence that one day, when Rin finally starts showing interest in sex, he will make the obvious choice and turn to his loving sister. But what Kaede wasn’t counting on was the lords of heaven and hell coming to Earth, wanting Rin to mate with their nubile daughters! Rin, like any teenager would, takes full advantage of his newly acquired harem; but how long can he keep up his carefree, boxed-lunches-on-the-rooftop lifestyle, as the horde of girls on his tail grows?
Quote:
Elfen Lied
For Kouta and Yuka, finding the bloody naked young girl on the beach would change their lives forever, for better or for worse. Unable to speak or function as a normal human being, she is named Nyuu by the duo, and taken into their home in an effort to save her. But what neither teenager knows is that this innocent young girl is actually a killing machine -- an experiment gone terribly wrong -- and it is only a matter of time before the murderer in her awakens again...
anime.
Quote:
Mahou Sensei Negima!
When the students of class 2-A at the all-girls Mahora Academy head back to school, they are expecting a new year as usual. What they get is a new homeroom teacher... who's 10 years old! As if being a genius isn't enough, Negima is a mage. As part of his training to be a Magister Magi, he must succeed at teaching - without anyone finding out he's a magician! Can Negi keep his talents a secret from the girls who just adore the cutest new addition to their academy? Through demon attacks, magical enemies, and English tests, Negi will put all his talents to the test to be the best teacher he can and achieve his goal of Magister Magi.

The first two do have a bit of nudity in them, but they all have a heavy unrequited love theme to them.