AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-06-17, 07:51   Link #1
Illuzion

Ragnarok Online

Since i couldnt find any other ragnarok thread, ill just be starting a new one here =)
This is soley for ppl who just want to talk about ragnarok and share their info.

I guess ill start, i play on singapore ragnarok on server 2 (miuki) and my username's Lyra. ive been playing for about a month and im practically addicted to it =P

Anyway id love to hear from other players, especially those on singapore ragnarok
Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 09:09   Link #2
Ending

Isn't "Ragnarok Online" a bit ancient game...?
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 10:25   Link #3
Tritium
doaho...

so what that it's old i'm still playing on my atari 2600 and i still love it... I played ragnarok for a while but it got really boring after a while and the server i played on got down anyway
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 10:29   Link #4
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl

Ragnarok Online is not a brand game, but not so old (at least not as much as Half Life). And the game is still growing. euRO was launched this year, if I remember well. So yes, I play on euRO Chaos, and I guess I'm addicted as well

Anyway, for now I have only a single char, a 49/35 magician called Orin-chan. I can't wait to be stronger, find a guild, and start playing in the War of Emperium. Looks like lot of fun to blast away some crusaders with fancy spells.
Banisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 15:23   Link #5
Ciroth
Crazi Male Neko!

Send a message via ICQ to Ciroth Send a message via AIM to Ciroth Send a message via MSN to Ciroth
Blast some crusaders away...... ^^... good luck....
Guild i was in almost held a guild down in iRO Chaos. its fun yeah... but magicians and priests better have good heal buddies or high VIT! As a lvl 70 hunter i enjoy fast auto blitz and high agi attacks against preists and magicians. combine with two other hunters, the mage/wizzie is pratically annoyed by stun! *Note that stun prevention cards/skills are disabled ^^* only problem with us hunters is once we get frozen by MG or FD... we are pratically easy kills... unless your fighting against a 85+ hunter or someone with lots of zeny, than all you did was piss him/her off ^^ and she/he will proceed to double strafe xD

Hunters best friend when theres a mob of guildies... Arrow Shower... love stun! lol
Ciroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 05:28   Link #6
Illuzion

It's more of the people you meet that makes this game so addictive for me

Oh and i believe i left out some of my details , im a lvl 39/28 thief and id just like to ask for your opinion, which ones cooler, assasin or rogue ?
Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 12:30   Link #7
Ciroth
Crazi Male Neko!

Send a message via ICQ to Ciroth Send a message via AIM to Ciroth Send a message via MSN to Ciroth
haha... thats a toughie =D both are cool.... Rogue's are annoying to me.. since they have their evil backstab+bow... makes our double strafe look like nothing *sob*

Both are cool, just rogue's have some fun skills. but on the downside rogue's usually have to specalize since there is too many skills to choose from... If you have a friend rogue.... IMO i would make a rogue and sit with another one in Chiv just to watch the newbies in large masses try to kill monsters there... and then get slaughtered when bapho spawns on them
Ciroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 08:08   Link #8
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
I play Ragnarok though I hate that game since the first time it was released... I rather play Diablo II : LOD even though it's 2 years older... but b4 I completely hated the game... I created my own super player... Lv. 97 Knight... also I slayed some 3 baphomets and 2 Dark Lords on my own... pretty easy...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 08:59   Link #9
Nomad

Send a message via Yahoo to Nomad
ragnarok online is actually a pretty cool game, limited abilities but still cool. it's not as deep as WoW, EQ and FFXI. it's a good start to the vast world of MMORPGs coz' it's old fashioned that even a 56ker can play it...
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 01:29   Link #10
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
ragnarok online is actually a pretty cool game, limited abilities but still cool. it's not as deep as WoW, EQ and FFXI. it's a good start to the vast world of MMORPGs coz' it's old fashioned that even a 56ker can play it...
limited abilities and most of that abilities are worthless... that's the reason the game is ugly... also... 40% of all equip items suck... especially the "pretend dead head gear... the game itself is boring and extremely limited... BTW, the game does'nt have a beginning and an ending... that's is wat I hated most...
Old 2004-06-23, 02:24   Link #11
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
it's a good start to the vast world of MMORPGs coz' it's old fashioned that even a 56ker can play it...
a character 10 levels below you can pwn your ass if he has negligable lag, and you dont.

^^ reason i stopped playing.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 08:06   Link #12
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
BTW, the game does'nt have a beginning and an ending... that's is wat I hated most...
I'd love to see a MMORPG with an ending. You can't compare RO with Diablo 2, as they are very different. But I agree on the fact that RO could use more quests and special events, as most of the game is "monster hunting".

I met some nice people online, and had few good laugh. Once I was in a party with two italiens, another magi and a support aco. We were leveling good at the argiopes, then they asked if we could take a italien swordy with us. I said ok, as I thought a meatwall would be useful. The guy was so weak (yet still able to even share with us) that he could only take on argios, and only withstand 3 hits from argiopes. So basically, he was just hiding behind our firewalls, and killing argios and porings. After 10mn of leeching, I got bored, and told him he was useless. He answered "yes I know", then he tried to kill an argiope by itself in front of us to show that he could still help. Needless to say, he didn't stayed alive more than 10s. I kicked him out of the party after, and we made fun of him for the rest of the night.
Old 2004-06-24, 09:10   Link #13
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banisher
But I agree on the fact that RO could use more quests and special events, as most of the game is "monster hunting".
I thought RO still have those boring and pointless quests?...
Old 2004-06-24, 09:19   Link #14
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
anything...anything...if ya hate the game..dun bash it...and plz give some useful opinions rather than grumble the hell out of the game...
btw...who can recommend a place for a
lv 98/50 assasin
lv64/32 hunter
lv71/41 wizard to train??

BanisherI met some nice people online, and had few good laugh. Once I was in a party with two italiens, another magi and a support aco. We were leveling good at the argiopes, then they asked if we could take a italien swordy with us. I said ok, as I thought a meatwall would be useful. The guy was so weak (yet still able to even share with us) that he could only take on argios, and only withstand 3 hits from argiopes. So basically, he was just hiding behind our firewalls, and killing argios and porings. After 10mn of leeching, I got bored, and told him he was useless. He answered "yes I know", then he tried to kill an argiope by itself in front of us to show that he could still help. Needless to say, he didn't stayed alive more than 10s. I kicked him out of the party after, and we made fun of him for the rest of the night.

ow.....how could you do that.....basically...my hunter wasn't brave enough to travel that area alone before the job change...even as a hunter..i'll still get beaten up side down by argiopes if i'm not careful enough....2k of hp isn't sufficient..T_T..and i taught the argiope is a playground of mages and archers..not swordsman/woman
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 09:53   Link #15
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Sanctisstessa
btw...who can recommend a place for a
lv 98/50 assasin
lv64/32 hunter
lv71/41 wizard to train??
such weak characters... anyway... I can recommend you a place... how about alittle journey in Glasheim or Glass Heim? watever... or just spend your time on Turtle Island...
Old 2004-06-24, 10:57   Link #16
RichMan
????

This game is so slow and boring >.<

It would be cool if you were able to attack other "human" players and not just stupid monsters.

Last edited by RichMan; 2004-06-24 at 14:03.
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 11:14   Link #17
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
This game is so slow and boring >.<

It would be cool if you were able to attack other "human" players and just stupid monsters.
I belive you can attack human players only in the PvP room... but your idea is great... imagine... attacking noobs even if they did'nt bother you... that would be very cool...
Old 2004-06-24, 11:44   Link #18
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

I was loosing sleep the first time i played RO. But luckily for me, emus came. After exhausting every character style i could think of, the addiction finally wane.

But i still play at least once every 2-3 months just to keep my hard earned character alive. (the subscrition rate here is different from iRO)
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 14:13   Link #19
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
I thought RO still have those boring and pointless quests?...
Yes, that's why more and better quests are more than welcome

And yes, Angela, it was not very nice of us to make fun of him, but still... He probably knew that argiopes were too much for him, even with a support aco backing him up. That's true that argiopes are the best for ranged attackers, slow and full of XP.

Anyway, if you want to spice up your RO life, you can join the War of Emperium, which is basically fights between guilds to conquer castles. If you can keep a castle, you get special bonuses. But to keep it, you have to make alliances with others guilds, the attackers being often a group of guilds. The WoE is like on fixed hours, when most of the people are able to be there (I think it's 20h to 22h on given days).

And sure, it would be so fun to get killed every time you get out of a city. Actually, if you want to kill some people, just crack some Dead Branches in the middle of a crowd to summon some monsters. Their lifespan will probably be less than 1mn, but they can kill some people before dying.
Old 2004-06-25, 07:30   Link #20
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
And sure, it would be so fun to get killed every time you get out of a city. Actually, if you want to kill some people, just crack some Dead Branches in the middle of a crowd to summon some monsters. Their lifespan will probably be less than 1mn, but they can kill some people before dying.
Nah... that's boring... it's a different feeling if you're the one and your weapon killed those puny stupid people in RO...

Quote:
Anyway, if you want to spice up your RO life, you can join the War of Emperium, which is basically fights between guilds to conquer castles. If you can keep a castle, you get special bonuses. But to keep it, you have to make alliances with others guilds, the attackers being often a group of guilds. The WoE is like on fixed hours, when most of the people are able to be there (I think it's 20h to 22h on given days).
Guilds? why the heck would I need guilds... I myself can conquer castles by my own if I want to... it's too easy... way to easy...