AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-23, 13:11   Link #1
Jetzero Infinity

Assasination Classroom [Anticipation]

Synopsis from Wikipedia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Earth is threatened by a powerful creature who destroyed 70% of the Moon with its power, rendering into the shape of a crescent moon forever. The creature claims that within a year, Earth will also be destroyed by him, but he offers mankind a chance to avert this fate. In class 3-E at Kunugigaoka Junior High School, he starts working as a homeroom teacher where he teaches his students not only regular subjects, but the ways of assassination. The Japanese government promises a reward of ¥10 billion (i.e. 100 million USD) to whoever among the students succeeds to kill their teacher, whom they have named "Korosensei" (殺せんせー Korosensē?, lit. Unkillable Teacher). However, this has proven to be an almost impossible task, as he has several inhuman abilities at his disposal, including the capacity of moving at Mach 20.

Last edited by Solace; 2014-06-24 at 19:37. Reason: Added summary.
Old 2014-06-23, 13:23   Link #2
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The anime is confirmed! Thanks to bakato for linking me the information.

Last edited by Solace; 2014-06-23 at 21:44.
Old 2014-06-23, 22:55   Link #3
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Guess they can do the anime until island arc.

I wish is complete anime but that is doubful this days

Old 2014-06-23, 23:08   Link #4
Utsuro no Hako

It is an WSJ title, so there's a possibility it'll go on until they run out of material (or longer).
Old 2014-06-23, 23:44   Link #5
tsunade666

well, this will be an awesome ride.
Old 2014-06-23, 23:55   Link #6
Requiem-x
The slacking one

About time, I say.

This series is perfect for an anime, not only because of how crazy it is, but the setup also allows for quite a bit of original content.

Can't wait to see all the newcomers utterly confused by Nagisa's looks.
Old 2014-06-23, 23:58   Link #7
CrazyPerson

Especially with Touyama Nao voicing... the character.

I'm going to play along for as a long as possible to keep'em in the dark.
Old 2014-06-24, 00:04   Link #8
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post

There's no need to say a thing, the series does a fine job at keeping you intrigued on the matter.

Too soon to ensure it will be the same cast, maybe? That said, I'd love if Touyama Nao gets it, only to see how she goes from super lovestruck ship to this.
Old 2014-06-24, 00:06   Link #9
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Was this close --> <-- to reading the source material past the first three chapters (of which was awesome), but now I'm glad I didn't continue it. I much prefer to watch anime without knowing the source, so it's a very good thing for me.

First male character Touyama is voicing, right? Interested to hear it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2014-06-24, 00:20   Link #10
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

My reaction:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

They did make a short animated promotion earlier featuring the Kyoto trip, but a full anime is going to be SWEET

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-06-24, 00:56   Link #11
CrazyPerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
There's no need to say a thing, the series does a fine job at keeping you intrigued on the matter.

Too soon to ensure it will be the same cast, maybe? That said, I'd love if Touyama Nao gets it, only to see how she goes from super lovestruck ship to this.
We (good) people may not say anything, but I'm more worried someone will just barge into the thread spoiling it for people.

Also, apparently KanColle might have been delayed or something? And Nao isn't going from this to lovestruck ship, she's going from this to eight lovestruck ships possibly.
Old 2014-06-24, 05:20   Link #12
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
I enjoyed the OAV , the anime will continue afterwards ?

supercool
Old 2014-06-24, 05:28   Link #13
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
I enjoyed the OAV , the anime will continue afterwards ?

supercool
The events in the OVA occur several chapters into the manga. If the anime is going to be a proper adaptation, it's going to have to go to the very beginning, so they can properly introduce the characters.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-06-24, 06:45   Link #14
marvelB

Well, this announcement doesn't surprise me the least bit, considering how popular the source material already is. And the series' episodic nature practically guarantees that we'll get filler up the wazoo, so I'm personally not worried about the anime catching up to the current manga chapters anytime soon....
Old 2014-06-24, 07:26   Link #15
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

YES! This pleases me. I'm not sure about the art style presented in the image, though.
Old 2014-06-24, 07:56   Link #16
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

AC is regularily in the Top 5, sometimes even getting first place in WSJ ranking (i.e. AC often gets a better ranking than the likes of One Piece, which is usually around 1st place as well). I think that is more than enough reason for it to get a better treatment than 2 cours.

However something like licensing in one of those nations that always make a big commotion about school shootings, could be a problem, due to the manga having:
A class that is solely dedicated to kill 1 teacher, who is also a monster that can move at mach3 speed and threatens to destroy earth, while he teaches the class until either the class manages to kill him, or until "time runs out" and he destroys the earth. Not to mention the fact that...
Spoiler for manga spoiler:

On the other hand, the manga is generally very comedy oriented and seems to find the right place between having chapters dedicated to character development, where there is more of a comedy atmosphere and chapters dedicated to progress the story, which are more "serious". The only pity is that it seems that the most interesting characters (Nagisa and Karma) mostly only get screentime in story progressing arcs. It seems they will be the last ones to get the character development treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, this announcement doesn't surprise me the least bit, considering how popular the source material already is. And the series' episodic nature practically guarantees that we'll get filler up the wazoo, so I'm personally not worried about the anime catching up to the current manga chapters anytime soon....
I hope not... people easily mistake the character development chapters for "gag-manga-characteristics", which I'd rather not see forced upon the anime adaption. "Episodic" usually means that after the "episodic chapter" is over, everything reverts to how it was before, i.e. you could skip those "episodic chapters" in most cases, without much loss. In AC's case you cannot do it, as those character development chapters/arcs usually deal with the personal problems and struggles of the students from class E and is not merely "a funny chapter that changes nothing at all".
Old 2014-06-24, 08:35   Link #17
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Heard that it's going to change the timeslot of Dragonball so most likely it's going to be TOEI who's do it... dunno what to think of it

Old 2014-06-24, 09:02   Link #18
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Heard that it's going to change the timeslot of Dragonball so most likely it's going to be TOEI who's do it... dunno what to think of it
TOEI? Well... At least the chance that it will be more than 24/25/26 episodes for the 1st season, or even a continuous series is quite high.

I hope the anime will be popular enough here for a sub-forum...
Old 2014-06-24, 09:33   Link #19
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Ahh......Brain Base did the OVA so I am 99.9% sure they are gonna continue doing it. The seiyus are the same as well.
Old 2014-06-24, 11:28   Link #20
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post

Part of what convinced me to try out the manga was one of those powerpoints on tumblr and the person there swore up and down that no one knew their actual gender (this was before the beach/pool parts). XD
Closed Thread