AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-14, 11:08   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 753 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, let's do this! Credit goes to Aohige and Redon from AP for the initial summaries:

-Chapter title is "War". Cover ministory has a sea-dog cop helping the sea-cat.

-Doflamingo's flashback gets interrupted by Bellamy, who asks if he's cut out for the family, since he was attacked by Dellinger. Dofla replies that both of their goals are different: Bellamy is merely satisfied with being a pirate. Dofla, on the other hand, doesn't actually care about piracy, but wants to destroy the world...!!!

-Outside the palace, the coliseum fighters clash with Dofla's officers, but it seems they aren't faring well. Elsewhere, a group of citizens decide to hunt down king Riku and God Usopp in the hopes of using them as hostages to make the other bounty heads surrender. At the Smile factory, the enslaved Tontattas receive messages from Bian's bees, telling them to fight back against their captors. The dwarves finally realize their situation and begin to revolt.....

-Kyros joins Luffy and Cavendish as they make their way to the palace. Luffy tells Kyros that Rebecca is on her way to meet them, and Kyros says that his current aim is revenge against Diamante for killing his wife. They then come across the warriors who're battling against the Dofla officers, who tell Luffy's group that they'll hold off the enemies for them. Both Luffy and Cavendish acknowledge their courage, and clear a path for Caven's horse to run through. The coliseum warriors are no longer fighting for personal gain, but for a common cause...!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-07-15 at 12:30.
Old 2014-07-15, 08:40   Link #2
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

nothing significant happened.... Luffy's breakthrough still going on.. together with his Colosseum mates...
Old 2014-07-15, 09:18   Link #3
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

bellamy going to fight dofla now? n of course lose...

the colosseum fighters will fight dofla's officers?
Old 2014-07-15, 09:43   Link #4
ellifeedn
Thinker

I love not-Eggman. Just the way he laughs at danger really gets to me.
Old 2014-07-15, 12:31   Link #5
marvelB

Goodness, I wasn't aware that the chapter came out earlier this time around! Well, I updated with the summary, nonetheless.
Old 2014-07-16, 00:17   Link #6
Rainbowman

It's clear that Doflamingo wants to see the world burn.
Old 2014-07-16, 12:27   Link #7
Kaz_

How much longer Oda is going to drag this arc like this?
Just when you think the teams are matched up against strawhats vs officers, they start attacking random grunts all over again.
Old 2014-07-16, 12:56   Link #8
DarkHollowIchigo

This arc is pretty good imho, im enjoying every bit
Old 2014-07-16, 14:36   Link #9
itachi-san314

yea i like this arc quite a bit. i see no point in rushing through it
Old 2014-07-16, 14:39   Link #10
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

dislike this chapter...it's kinda setup chapter, not a good one as well
too many characters that I personally don't care about fighting against bunch of characters that I also don't care...
kinda like marineford battle, with a huge downgrade of course in term of scale and epicness
Old 2014-07-16, 17:53   Link #11
marvelB

Not much may have happened this chapter, but I'm actually glad to see the gladiators get some more screentime. I've taken a liking to a number of those guys, after all. I mean, even Dagama (NotEggman) got his moment (GAMAHAHAHAHA!). I'm still rather doubtful that any of the most prominent fighters would be the final opponents for the Dofla officers, though (like Cavendish, Bartolomeo, and Kyros already made it clear that he's got dibs on Diamante)....

As far as Bellamy goes, I was actually expecting to see him confront Dofla like this. Considering that he told Luffy earlier that he looked up to Dofla since he was a kid, I'm sure he'd have a few bones to pick with him.now here's to hoping that the dachshund hyena holds out until Luffy arrives.

Lastly, I've gotta wonder what Dofla means when he said that he wants to "destroy" the world. Though him saying that he didn't care about piracy is interesting since it reminds me of when he told the CP0 guy before the skip that he didn't care about whether he remains a shichibukai or not.....
Old 2014-07-17, 02:36   Link #12
adriankhoo153

What happen to CP0?
Old 2014-07-17, 10:19   Link #13
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
A lot more stuff happened in this chapter than in last weeks chapter. Last week, we only got teases with no actual developments. This chapter, there are acutal developments, and quite a number of them. I pointed it out in a review (ZGoten2 on Youtube). I really liked this chapter, especially how the citizens are being depicted, which is quite unusual for One Piece. Also looking forward to the dwarves possibly destroying the factory together with Franky.
Old 2014-07-17, 18:14   Link #14
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I really liked this chapter, especially how the citizens are being depicted, which is quite unusual for One Piece.

Yeah, I forgot to comment on that, myself. I thought it was interesting to see a little more focus on the townsfolk who're affected by all this turmoil. Usually we see scenes of them panicking or something in this sort of situation, but here we're actually seeing them try to resolve the problem in their own way. I think this goes back to Fujitora's reasons for not directly addressing the root of the current conflict himself. He wants to observe the townsfolk's (and Straw-Hats') actions first before he takes any decisive action against Doflamingo. But still, this is just my own take on things....

Anyways, I also forgot to comment earlier that I thought it was pretty cool how Gladius used his powers in a more strategical fashion (actually laying freaking land mines on the palace walls). It really makes me wish even more that Usopp would have been his opponent, but considering how badly the "godly" one got beaten by Trebol, it doesn't look like he'll be seeing much more action for the rest of the arc....
Old 2014-07-18, 08:18   Link #15
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Speaking of Ussop... I got the feeling he and "Sogeking" will get seperate bounties to add another "gag" to the Straw Hat bounties.
Old 2014-07-18, 12:22   Link #16
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Speaking of Ussop... I got the feeling he and "Sogeking" will get seperate bounties to add another "gag" to the Straw Hat bounties.
that would be pretty funny
Old 2014-07-19, 15:16   Link #17
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
that means whoever in charge of giving bounty is as stupid as Luffy and Chopper, since even in the straw-hat crew, some realized that they were both the same people in the first glance, including zoro...and that's saying a lot
Old 2014-07-19, 15:50   Link #18
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
that means whoever in charge of giving bounty is as stupid as Luffy and Chopper, since even in the straw-hat crew, some realized that they were both the same people in the first glance, including zoro...and that's saying a lot
Well they did leave the lens cap on when taking Sanji's wanted poster picture.. Haha. I thought it was stated somewhere that, after the Thriller Bark Arc, the Marines hired Absalom to start taking the wanted poster pictures because he can turn invisible and get the pictures without anyone noticing.

Edit: Never mind I looked it up and Absalom is just a freelance reporter who discovers news stories like Kids pirate alliance and whatnot. Well that means the guy who takes wanted poster pictures is still that lens cap idiot. Having Usopp and Sogeking as different bounties could create a few very humorous moments in the future.
Closed Thread