AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-12-31, 21:06   Link #1
Sousuke S.
Baka FMP Fanboy/Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Sousuke S. Send a message via MSN to Sousuke S. Send a message via Yahoo to Sousuke S.
Constructive criticism

Please do not take this as just me complaining. It would be appreciated if this thread was taken seriously and not deleted or closed. This forum looks very popular, seeing as there are so many member and all, and it does look very well made. I do think that some changes can be made. If I am posting this in the wrong place (seeing as there is no place else I see that will house such a thread) please move it without some sort of rude comment and be a little more courteous about it. I have read the forum rules, and I am a little distraught by the utterly ridiculous degree of strictness of this forum. Also, the forum could do for a few new sections (i.e. "Other Anime"). Also, what is considered "nonsense" should be specified (i.e. me posting a topic about FMP and it being closed because the mod viewing it personally thought that i wasn't "Saying anything new"). Again, please take this thread seriously and try to be a little professional about replying. Thank you for your time, and thank you for listening.
Sousuke S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 21:08   Link #2
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
I have some "Constructive criticism". PLEASE USE A SMALLER FONT IN YOUR SIG YOU AOLER!!!
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 21:10   Link #3
Sousuke S.

Send a message via AIM to Sousuke S. Send a message via MSN to Sousuke S. Send a message via Yahoo to Sousuke S.
That is just to catch your attention. And I see it worked. :P

Oh, and I see the right forum that I stupidly overlooked. Please move this topic to the correct forum.
Old 2004-12-31, 21:26   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousuke S.
. I have read the forum rules, and I am a little distraught by the utterly ridiculous degree of strictness of this forum.
The so-called strictness in this forum is what makes it possible to actually discuss anime and no see everything turn into flame wars. The rules may seem strict but after spending some time here you'll see they make perfect sense.

Quote:
Also, the forum could do for a few new sections (i.e. "Other Anime")
We have the fansubs, the general anime and for very popular series, the series discussion forum, what "other anime" are you talking about?

Quote:
. Also, what is considered "nonsense" should be specified (i.e. me posting a topic about FMP and it being closed because the mod viewing it personally thought that i wasn't "Saying anything new"). Again, please take this thread seriously and try to be a little professional about replying. Thank you for your time, and thank you for listening.
Nonsense is response like : me too, i agree, etc or topics/post that do not really allow anything to be discussed. What you did in that thread wast post a summary of FMP and say you like FMP. Not much to discuss is there? Besides if you wanted to discuss specific items of the FMP universe then you could check the existing threads, alot of aspects allready have their own thread, or you could use the general FMP discussion thread.

Just get used to this forum, it's not as badand strict as it seems

PS Use a smaller font on that sig, it's really annoying and is gonna piss certain mods off.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 21:36   Link #5
Sousuke S.

Gomen, I meant to type, "Other Series". I posted my FMP topic in General Anime, and it was closed and moved.

I was informed of my font size and I did downsize it. Thank you for being positive in your post. I appreciate it. ^^
Old 2004-12-31, 21:45   Link #6
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
I am a little distraught by the utterly ridiculous degree of strictness of this forum
I like to think we're fairly lenient when it comes to the rules, in most cases. However, as you said this is a popular forum. It is our experience that if the rules are overly liberal the quality of the forum can degrade quickly. Also, we want to keep in line with the site policies so we are as firm as we can be on things like licensed content. They aren't designed to stop people having fun just keep it fun for as many people as possible. Maybe you could explain which rule(s) or what it is about them that you find too strict?
Quote:
Also, the forum could do for a few new sections (i.e. "Other Anime").
We regularly review what sections the site needs. We don't see the need right now, but I'm listening... why do you think we need a "Other Anime" section?
Quote:
Also, what is considered "nonsense" should be specified.
Looking at your post you basically said "Full Metal Panic" was a good anime. Given that forum's / sections's age and the fact that that sentiment has been expressed countless times before... you were not adding anything to the forum. We find (again from experience) that such threads just accumulate "me too" style posts, which also do nothing for the community. They aren't interesting (more so as we've read it all before when the series first came out) and they don't really have any value. The lack of value or meaning is what makes something "nonsense".

Mostly it comes down to common sense. If a Moderator or Administrator closes the thread or deletes it (it disappears) they will have had good reason to do so. They are doing the job they do because we believe their judgment matches that of the other staff members and the forum as a whole. If you disagree, the best you can do is PM the person who closed / delete / moderated the thread (or one of the others) to ask why.

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-12-31 at 21:51. Reason: Errors and me type slow.... :P
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 22:29   Link #7
Sousuke S.

Hmmmm....If it weren't for your very polite and professional manner, I would probably be pissed. Seeing as you seem to have multiple points (:P) I will try to restrain my "free spirit" attitude and try and cope with the forum rules. I apologies for possible wasting your time. Feel free to close this topic.
Old 2004-12-31, 22:34   Link #8
ramune

Quote:
I will try to restrain my "free spirit" attitude and try and cope with the forum rules.
Please, try harder. People have been telling you about the problem you had with your sig. Now why do you have an image that's way over the limits as stated in the forum rules?
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote