AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-12, 16:10   Link #1
KenshinAGoGoBaby

Best sub groups

I was just wondering but which sub groups would you recommend as the best? I was thinking of going with Anime-Keep (1-19) followed by Anime-Kraze for the rest. Any other suggestions?
Old 2004-11-12, 16:32   Link #2
koei

Anime-Keep hasn't dropped Monster. We're just behind.
Old 2004-11-12, 16:49   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Anime-Keep is not only slower, they also aren't as good.

In my opinion, the two best groups doing Monster are Soldats and Anime-Kraze. They both beat out ToTan and Keep, but I can't make up my mind which is better. I keep downloading alternate episodes from each as I try to decide which one is superior. This opinion has nothing to do with speed as I frequently watch slower groups when I like their subs better.

It is actually really weird that those groups are so quick with Monster because they are both known for being slow with every other show.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-11-12, 17:06   Link #4
hooliganj
Team Player

They're both a little slow with Monster, too, it's just that they're so far ahead of anyone else, and there are no speed-sub groups working on it.
Old 2004-11-12, 17:22   Link #5
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

yeah, both soldats and anikraze are good.....
soldats is probably better just about the fonts they use, but since eps 21 i'm only dling anikraze version
Old 2004-11-12, 18:05   Link #6
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
They're both a little slow with Monster, too, it's just that they're so far ahead of anyone else, and there are no speed-sub groups working on it.
Not being a real Naruto fan I think that only 1 or 2 weeks behind the raw is really fast!

These groups are known for being slow! Especially Soldats. That means well over a month behind the raws. In soldats case perhaps 6 months behind the raws. That's why I'm so astonished to see them maintaining such speed without loosing their expected level of quality.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-11-12, 19:31   Link #7
Griffith

I've been getting them from Anime-Kraze, based on the high quality of their work on other shows. That said, I'm sure Soldats' version is good too, but Anime-Kraze is just a bit faster without sacrificing quality, which is a winning combination for me.
Old 2004-11-12, 22:01   Link #8
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I started out with ToTan, because I liked their font and ending credits the most, but since episode 16 or so I've been alternating between Soldats and Anime Kraze. My most recent stuff has been Anime Kraze however, not only because they've been releasing a little faster (seeing as Monster is a hard series to wait for), but also because I owe them lots of devotion for other amazing jobs on series they've done in the past.

But yeah, Soldats and Kraze are both great.
Old 2004-11-13, 01:44   Link #9
KenshinAGoGoBaby

Hmm... I like Anime Keep for their work on FMA which I enjoyed (and still AM enjoying, HAH!). For later eps I'm leaning to either Soldats or Anime-Kraze.

Nothing against Anime-Kraze but Paranoia Agent was one of the single most CRAPPY animes I've ever seen and so I kind of associate this bad schema against them. Not that the subbing was bad but suuuuueey, that anime sucked some major-league ass. After episode 7 it's like the people making the show all did drugs, and the suckage level just went through the roof.
Old 2004-11-13, 03:25   Link #10
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Not being a real Naruto fan I think that only 1 or 2 weeks behind the raw is really fast!

These groups are known for being slow! Especially Soldats. That means well over a month behind the raws. In soldats case perhaps 6 months behind the raws. That's why I'm so astonished to see them maintaining such speed without loosing their expected level of quality.
Heh, I know what you mean. After all, I was trying to watch Detective Academy Q until they got so far behind that I just gave up and moved on. But most shows that have any kind of following seem to get in within a week of the air date, so I consider the 1-2 weeks that Monster has been taking to be a little slow, but totally acceptable. After all, I've read the manga, so the suspense isn't killing me.
Old 2004-11-13, 13:56   Link #11
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I've only seen episodes by AnimeKraze myself, that's what I started out with. And it looked fine to me so didn't feel the urge to try another.
Old 2004-11-14, 10:50   Link #12
Vide
Lurker

I watched Soldats in the start, but have recently started watching Ani-Kraze, and they are not bad at all.
Old 2004-11-14, 11:06   Link #13
dew

Yeah, for the first 20 or so episodes I went with Soldats, then I decided that Soldats quality wasn't good enough to stop me from switching to A-Kraze who was like 2 episodes ahead.
Old 2004-11-16, 03:38   Link #14
mika163
(^.^) /

i started off with either keep or kraze (forgot) and then they fell so far behind that i switched to sodats and have been with them since. didn't know about their "slow and steady" reputation but as a leecher, can't complain too much since it is free.
Old 2004-11-16, 09:47   Link #15
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

By now, I think this thread has succeeded in making the timeworn point yet again that individuals have different criteria in mind as to what qualities the "best" sub/group must have.
Old 2004-11-16, 11:34   Link #16
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

That's right, but Kraze is still the best.
Old 2004-11-16, 13:16   Link #17
the-1

i like soldats. i like their fonts (big and bold), and there releases are pretty quick for this anime.

Last edited by the-1; 2005-12-27 at 00:09.
Old 2004-11-16, 17:20   Link #18
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
In my opinion, the two best groups doing Monster are Soldats and Anime-Kraze. They both beat out ToTan and Keep, but I can't make up my mind which is better. I keep downloading alternate episodes from each as I try to decide which one is superior. This opinion has nothing to do with speed as I frequently watch slower groups when I like their subs better.
After much consideration I have finally decided that the Soldats version is better than Anime-Kraze. It was a close call though. In the end it came to the inspector's name. I prefer Soldats' use of "Lunge" to AKraze's "Runge"

The two groups are just that close together in overall quality.

Old 2004-11-16, 18:34   Link #19
hooliganj
Team Player

I don't buy the argment that 'Runge' is a real German name, and therefor must be correct, but there was a scene in one episode where he hands his business card over, and it can be clearly read on the screen - 'Runge'. So it appears the spelling I've been using all this time was wrong. I blame it on the guys who did the manga Scanlations, who went through all 18 volumes with 'Lunge'.

Because they're so close, I watch whichever comes out first, which lately has been A-Kraze.
Old 2004-11-16, 19:44   Link #20
avmoghe

I pick soldats as well. Part of is due to soldats using Lunge. Not only does it sound better, its what the author himself uses it. It would be nice to have the same spelling in my anime and the manga which I will be reading later.

Other than that, Kraze and soldats are both good releases. I get whatever comes out first. Haven't seen much of Akeep and Totan so I can't compare there.
Closed Thread