AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-29, 18:03   Link #21
eLstar
(^_^)v

I decided I'm feeling nice today, so i have merged two threads together that deal with very similar topics.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 18:18   Link #22
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
Holy Crap!

According to that age chart, Orochimaru's 50! I mean, he doesn't look 50. Jiraiya, yeah, but I'd have pegged Oro for 30-ish.
It's normal since
Spoiler:

Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 19:38   Link #23
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Send a message via AIM to Jack Zodiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Naruto failed the test 3 times in a row, which isn't necessarily equal to 3 years in a row. It's possible that there are multiple tests each year, but even if a student passes the first one, they still have to attend class to meet an attendance requirement. In the first episode Iruka said that thanks to naruto's prank everyone, even those who already passed had to do the henge no jutsu. That makes me think that Naruto failed the first 3 times that year, and that was the 4th test, while most of his classmates had already passed and were just waiting for graduation.
Wait, yeah... that makes more sense. Because if he'd had the chance to graduate three years ago, so would Sasuke and Sakura, and odds are at least Sasuke would've graduated then. But the average age of all the rookie Genin in the series is twelve or thirteen now. So I think that's the standard. It's just odd...

I mean, twenty years ago, Kakashi graduated when he was, like, five or six. And Itachi graduated when he was, what, eight?
Jack Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 20:25   Link #24
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Well, Naruto was 12, but it wasn't his birthday was it? So maybe he was already 12 and 4 month... (for example), which is also "12".

Ok I'm gonna put it like this:

Let's just say that Naruto was born October 10, 1980. Now, let's say that the 4th Hokage died sealing Kyubi within Naruto October 15, 1980. Now, according to that, Naruto would be born before the 4th died in order for the sealing jutsu to work.

According to what you are saying, for Naruto to be 12 and 4 months, that would mean that Naruto was born after the 4th Hokage died. That dosn't make any sense, because Naruto needed to be alive and present when the 4th sealed the Kyubi. So if 13 years have passed since the 4th Hokage then that means Naruto is now 13.
juri_miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 22:53   Link #25
Gaara_
ぬけ人

Send a message via AIM to Gaara_
seems to me the series began after Naruto's 12th birthday, not long after though, and fire Country is warm and doesnt get nearly any snow. So it's winter, Throught all that Zabuza Haku arc, then spring during chuunin exam part 1 and 2, it's still spring now only late spring almost summer. so I reckon 12 and a few months like has been stated before is the age of Naruto.

And Kakashi did not only graduate at age 5 or 6, he became a chuunin at age 6.
Gaara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 00:31   Link #26
breed

i think a bit more than half a year has past. since in ep68 2 chuunins talked to each other and one said that the chuunin exams are every half year. and narutos team was offered 2 take part in the first chuunin exam that was avaiable for them (remember iruka flipping out?). so if we add up it might be 2-7 month. i guess graduating as genin and the chuunin-exams are in the same month, so more ppl can party, and it did take some time in wave-country and so on. my guess is 7month (6month +1month training)
breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 01:41   Link #27
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara_
seems to me the series began after Naruto's 12th birthday, not long after though, and fire Country is warm and doesnt get nearly any snow. So it's winter, Throught all that Zabuza Haku arc, then spring during chuunin exam part 1 and 2, it's still spring now only late spring almost summer. so I reckon 12 and a few months like has been stated before is the age of Naruto.

And Kakashi did not only graduate at age 5 or 6, he became a chuunin at age 6.

Have you ever talked to a six year old before? The likely hood of a six year old Kakashi leading a bunch of grown men is so far fetched and one of the parts of the anime that stick so clearly in my mind. When Kakashi was like "I was half of Naruto's age when I took the chuunin exam" blew my freaking mind, well like the thought of it. The thought of a 3-4 year old learning jutsus while being barely able to wipe their ass is an interesting one, for lack of a better word from me at the moment.
juri_miki is offline   Reply With Quote