AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-08-30, 23:19   Link #301
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Eclipse will probably pick it up seeing how they subbed SnS I.
neutralizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 02:08   Link #302
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
The popularity of a series isn't really a reliable indicator of how many groups will be subbing a series if you ask me.
I disagree. Let's take Zero no Tsukaima as an example. The first season was fansubbed by two groups alone, and the number of groups has doubled for the second season. The popularity and the buzz surrounding a title has always been the key element when it came to oversubbing. And no doubt about it, everyone and their mums will be working on the second season of Suzumiya Haruhi anime.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 03:20   Link #303
Phoenix14
Clannad

I totally like Shakugan no Shana more than suzumiya...

Yes, I know I am crazy.
Phoenix14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 05:27   Link #304
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix14 View Post

Yes, I know I am crazy.
How's that crazy? Its all down to personal tastes.

Has anyone come across a youtube link yet for the new trailer that was shown along side Darker than Black?

Random Curiosity Link
Old 2007-08-31, 06:07   Link #305
Katapan
俺様祭り

Edit: Well, the Youtube link for the CM will do for now.

Last edited by Katapan; 2007-08-31 at 10:38.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 06:34   Link #306
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix14 View Post

Yes, I know I am crazy.
No you are not. It all comes down to personal taste as Shiroth said. I also like SnS (and some others), more than SHnY, unless I'm crazy as well. Though, admittedly, I enjoy rewatching SHnY more than SnS.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 08:25   Link #307
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
I didn't even like Haruhi that much. All that time traveler, aliens, espers jizz jazz just didn't appeal to me. Otherwise it was a pretty good anime imo
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 08:33   Link #308
Westlo
Lets be reality

I just hope the first ending song for Shana II is great, the first ED for season 1 was awesome in that it had so many different starting points to be played at the end of an episode. You had the chanting part, the vocal only part and than when the beat kicked in... whereas ED2 pretty much always started off the same....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 09:17   Link #309
cyth
Banned

OK, I've Sound Explorer just confirmed the Shakugan no Shana II opening song information:

JOINT by Kawada Mami will be mastered by Nakazawa Tomoyuki who was the guy behind Hisshoku no Sora (OP1 of the first season). The title of the coupling song of Kawada-san's fifth maxi single still hasn't been announced, however they've stated she will be the performer, and the God of I've music himself, Takase Kazuya, will be in charge of the arrangement and composition!

I think this convinced me into purchasing it now.

Link (Regular Edition)
Link (Limited Edition)

Source
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 10:16   Link #310
UPR

just saw the commercial and saw that this girl will appear, seems more competition for Shana.

Old 2007-08-31, 10:27   Link #311
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

let's see... after watching the CM, i'm quite relived they will stick very nicely on the novels. (will they correct Yuuji "ommited elements" from season 1? sounds like it considering the CM)
however, i just hope they will do something with the action sequences. (you know, the horrible parts where you see a screen plan of Shana, then another of Friagne, both attacking, but you couldn't see the true clash? here you go)

and i really do hope they won't screw it much like how ZNT is actually... the wait will be hard huh...
Old 2007-08-31, 10:38   Link #312
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

How much more. 30 days? I lost count.
Old 2007-08-31, 10:53   Link #313
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

well, more like 34 days.
Old 2007-08-31, 10:59   Link #314
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
just saw the commercial and saw that this girl will appear, seems more competition for Shana.

OMG, it's her. (See Shana manga/novel thread for more details. ) Looks like the anime will cover vol 9-14 of the novels at least. Key word: Johann. (No I'm not talking about the title character from the Madhouse series MONSTER. )
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 11:08   Link #315
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post

Yay, spoilers.

Though it was almost guaranteed some new characters would appear this season, I didn't need to know she's so... feisty.
Sai the Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 12:11   Link #316
alvinkhorfire

The trailler link by Katapan has confirmed that the show starts on October 5, 1.25 am. Exactly two years ago, October 5, 2005, Shakugan no Shana was first aired. How's that for perfect timing!

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2007-08-31 at 12:45.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 12:12   Link #317
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

alvinkhorfire, add spoiler tags please, because those stuff are still spoilers for anime-only audiences.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 12:27   Link #318
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Lol, yes... it's spoiler for me, too ... Although I have already spoiled myself enough after visiting the novel thread ;_; ... Oh, curse you, impulse... and curse you, English novel translation not coming out fast enough.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 12:43   Link #319
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
I hope it's half near as good as the OP1 of s1. I still constantly play it wherever I go.
Yeah, OP1 of S1 was awesome. And the OP2 wasn't bad, but I'd prefer OP1 . Anyways, just want to pass this month ><
Old 2007-08-31, 13:06   Link #320
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
I disagree. Let's take Zero no Tsukaima as an example. The first season was fansubbed by two groups alone, and the number of groups has doubled for the second season. The popularity and the buzz surrounding a title has always been the key element when it came to oversubbing. And no doubt about it, everyone and their mums will be working on the second season of Suzumiya Haruhi anime.
This is a season two issue although I guess I need to eat my words here since we are talking about SNSII here.

I think that the popularity of a series amongst the viewers does not translate into the popularity amongst the fansub groups, is how I ought to have put it. I'm no fansubber or part of any fansub group but I would think that groups will only sub what they're interested in.

In the scenario you provided, I presume that two other fansub groups liked the first season of ZNT and subsequently decided to sub the second one this time around.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural