|View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 22 Rating|
|9 out of 10 : Excellent||28||11.38%|
|8 out of 10 : Very Good||13||5.28%|
|7 out of 10 : Good||3||1.22%|
|6 out of 10 : Average||0||0%|
|5 out of 10 : Below Average||0||0%|
|4 out of 10 : Poor||1||0.41%|
|3 out of 10 : Bad||0||0%|
|2 out of 10 : Very Bad||0||0%|
|1 out of 10 : Painful||1||0.41%|
|Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll|
|2007-09-02, 03:06||Link #1|
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
Join Date: Dec 2005
Lucky Star - Episode 22 Discussion / Poll
Welcome to the discussion thread for Lucky Star, Episode 22.
|2007-09-02, 13:55||Link #9|
Gomen asobase desuwa!
Join Date: Nov 2003
Kanata voiced by Shimamoto Sumi (Nausicaä, Clarisse d'Cagliostro, Otonashi Kyoko) warrants an 11/10 in itself. And the B part made me teary-eyed. I wonder if Kyo-Ani is pulling a pre-CLANNAD showcase with this part?
Konata: "So when are they going to make the fourth anime installment of that series?"
www. Are you asking that question towards Kyo-Ani?
|2007-09-02, 14:25||Link #10|
Gone for Good
Join Date: Apr 2004
- Kona-chan trying to ask Kagamin and Mi-wiki some questions. Normally this is expected, only that these questions were taken straight out of a quiz game Kona-chan has.
- Kona-chan deduces that Miyuki's "assets" was due to her sleeping early. After telling Yu-chan about it, Yu-chan in turn tells Minami-chan. As a result, Minami-chan is already asleep at nine at night. lol
- Yu-chan singing out loud as she listens to her music on her headphones (KAWAII~~ ) And gets busted by Kona-chan for it.
- Kagamin does a lot of body language when she is on the phone, even though the other side can't see her doing it, Kona-chan duly pointed out. But she probably couldn't help herself, so I know how she feels.
- Kagamin chastises Misao for being childish for playing with her food. She then talks about how everyone used to play "Bread Factory" with their bread, and gets a stunned silence from Ayano and Misao.
- Misao calls Kagamin for something "important", but then totally forgot what it was after accidentally bumping into something.
- Tsukasa-chan feels sleepy, so decides to go to the bathroom and call it a day, but then finds she couldn't sleep.
- Tsukasa-chan doesn't feel like going to the bathroom, so decides to sleep while she's still feeling sleepy, but awakens completely the moment she tucks into the freesing blanket.
- Kagamin frantically finding all sorts of excuses to justify buying snacks to Kona-chan
- Yu-chan has troubles screwing a jar lid shut, so Kona-chan helps her out. But then Yu-chan finds out that Kona-chan may have screwed the lid too tight. lol
- Don't you just hate how they make these bags of crisps so damn hard to open. Though unlike Kona-chan's persistance, I usually just find the nearest scissors and cut the damn thing open.
- Kona-chan performing amazing acrobatics while trying to catch mosquitoes
Hirano Aya at her best while doing the above two sketches.
- Soujirou tells Kanata: "It's because you never went out with me that I ended up spending time with bishoujo games." Apparently, this moved Kanata to marry Soujirou in the end.
- Konata: Dad, if I were a boy, would you still hug me like you always used to?
Soujirou hesitates for a few seconds before answering: Of course!
- Poor Kanata must be disappointed that her daughter ended up with her mother's height and her father's interests.
- Previous eps have seen warming Kagamin and Tsukasa moments, this time it's Kona-chan's turn as Kanata returns from the beyond to see how her family is doing. Kanata is voiced by veteren seiyuu Shimamoto Sumi.
- Kanata decides to give Soujirou and Kona-chan a surprise by taking a photo with them. Though they mistook her presence as a haunted photo. lol
- Today's Hiyorin moment: Hiyorin struggles not to think dirty yuri thoughts of her friends again.
- Today's Lucky Channel: THERE IS NO LUCKY CHANNEL! LOL All we get is the carnage after the destruction last week. The crew realizes that the camera is still on and hastily turns it off.
- Today's Shiraishi ED: A mix of all of Shiraishi's previous songs, switched randomly by Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa) and Konno Hiromi (Akira) blowing their whistles. All in all, a silly ED, as usual.
A 10 from me, but easily more than that.
|2007-09-02, 15:33||Link #12|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Paris, France
Kanata part was so well done, it's amazing, very sad/joyful moment for me.
I almost cryed
No Lucky Channel and best-of shiraishi....IT FEELS LIKE END T_T
Not like last week, but a very very good ep for me, lots of emotions, 10/10.
|2007-09-02, 15:37||Link #13|
OH MY GOD! This episode looks awesome, I can almost give this one a 10/10 just by looking at the screenshots, I don't even need to see it. I mean it's not like there would be anything wrong with not seeing the episode for myself and giving it a 10, would there? Looks solid enough.
That's right the screenshots I've seen alone warrant a 10/10.
Spoiler for Comparison To Kodomo No Jikan:
Outside of that, if people enjoy this episode I'd also recommend Kodomo No Jikan to them. If Vexx is here he can vouch for this as well. I think he knows what I'm getting at.
Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-09-02 at 15:53.
|2007-09-02, 17:11||Link #16|
Join Date: Jul 2004
The first thing I want to mention is Shimamoto Sumi as Kanata. Beautiful, beautiful voice. That whole part when she was a ghostly presence in the room with Konata and Soujirou, along with the flashbacks, was quite moving. Like 41nano, I almost cried. Shimamoto-san also plays William Jones's mother Aurelia in Emma II. She's 52.
The scene of Yu-chan humming along to her earphones was like a definition of moe. Kawaiiiii.
As a big fan of Marimite, I couldn't help loving the very brief Sachiko-Yumi scarf-tying scene -- and of course poor Hiyori's contradictory reactions.
I enjoyed the scenery in the ED -- the beautiful mountains and the beautiful humans.
Nice review by Kinny Riddle.
Only two more episodes.... The next episode (23) is partly written by Yamamoto Yutaka, the original director who was "fired."
Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-09-02 at 18:57.
|2007-09-02, 18:41||Link #19|
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK