AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-10, 17:28   Link #1381
Hunter Nin.

Well I only just started playing my first ero-game a few days ago. The game I am playing is Tsukihime. The game really is brilliant and so far I've completed all of Arcuied's, Ciel's and Akiha's routes. There are some really beautiful moments although a lot of the game I find quite depressing even the endings which are supposedly the 'good' endings. I don't feel that this condensed blast of depression is any good for me but I will continue playing to finish the game in it's entirety.

As Tsukihime is the only ero-game I have played so far then this is my favourite game. The next game I am planning to play is Shuffle! which I can only hope will be as good as Tsukihime.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 17:46   Link #1382
-Nyu-
Yozora

Type Moon games are well known for depression
As for Shuffle! I can really recommend it. The question is which type of story do you favour? Drama, action, comedy, mystery..?
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 18:37   Link #1383
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Another fandisc? IIRC, Prism Ark already has a fandisc named Teresa To Heart. This one's selling point seems to be the H scenes that you can have with the characters (For Teresa to Heart, it was with Fillia and Teresa).

>_>

...Oh man, not like I'll be able to ignore it. Kagura alone has me hooked, but Precia too? SOLD. Now I'll also have to take this title into account along with Kamipani! and Eternal Fantasy for the list of upcoming eroges that I'll have to (possibly) get. Knowing me, though...I'm sure I'll end up getting them.

>_>;
Also has a new character coming in. I have limited command of Japanese, but I think it's Hyaweh and Fillia's "onee-san," that the two talked about briefly during the first game. She looks like a big version of Litte (relation maybe?). Her character description has "The owner of the biggest chest!" in it.
Old 2007-08-10, 23:51   Link #1384
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Bigger than Kagura?!
Old 2007-08-12, 15:48   Link #1385
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Bigger than Kagura?!
I guess so. It looks bigger than Kagura's for sure.
Old 2007-08-29, 08:20   Link #1386
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
I finally got my hands in R.U.R.U.R., an ADV Ero-Game (for adults!) from LIGHT. Now i'm playing. So far, that's my thoughts:

The Story:
A Sci-Fi romance-comedy-drama Shota-Oneesan ADV. In the distant future, the humanity was colonizating the space. When the gigantic immigration spaceship "Saint Exupery" (more than 20 km/12 miles long!) was navigating the outer space, a serious accident killed all the humans inside the ship, leaving just a tripulation of bad-french speaking robots and advanced (read: sexy) all-purpose female-androids. Many dozen of years (maybe centuries) passed in this enormous coffin floating the space, until one day the androids found a still functional life-support hibernation capsule with an alive human inside, a young boy.
The androids decided to release the boy and raise him themselves, simulating a family until he becomes an independent adult, able to command the ship...

The Characters:
*ICHIHIKO - The protagonist and only human survivor of the entire ship. A boy. Because he suffers amnesia, he accepts the strange condition he's into very naturally, until one day he's kidnaped by R-Benibana, and learns the truth about his fake "happy world".

*ISF-ISAAC-0010102F "R-HINAGIKU" - Hina, in short. Originally a combat-type, she's the female android simulating a "scatterbrain, violent tsundere" childhood friend of Ichihiko. At first she was acting out of duty, but she's becoming more and more involved with Ichihiko. Ah, and she "masturbates" eating a big pot of popcorn!

*ISAAC-1011105L "R-MIZUBASHIYOU" - The leader of the The female androids and manager of the spaceship, now simulating the "bubbly-airheaded housekeeper" mother of Ichihiro. Actually, acts more like his oldest sister. She wants to take good care of him and teach him "everything"!

*D-ISSG-0100118D "R-SHIROTSUMEGUSA" - Shiro, in short. The female android responsible for ambiental maintenance, now simulating the "taciturn and emotionless fanatic for manga" older sister of Ichihiko. Even thought she looks cold, she really likes Ichihiko. Funny enough, when she uses all her energy, she turns into a loli, with a appearance younger than Ichihiko.

*R-000111014L "R-KOBATOMUGI" - The female android simulating the "strict but friendly" teacher of Ichihiko. Few data are known for this model.

*ISAAC-10001009 "R-TANPOPO" - The female android simulating the traveler-poet and temporary teacher who Ichihiko encounters. A very inteligent taned loli.

*ISF-ISAAC-0010104F R-BENIBANA - A mysterious combat-type female android very similar to Hina. She looks to be malfunctioning and kidnaps Ichihiko, for unknown purposes.

*THE WORKER ROBOTs - Besides working at the ship speaking bad-french, these robots are simulating Ichihiko's classmates.

So far, this game is great. Graphic-wise, is very beautiful with good characters, detailed backgrounds, some short animations and 3D. The Music is beautifull too, with many voiced songs. I must find the OST for this game, later.

Besides the comedy and romantic parts, there's some mistery and drama too. So far, the story proceed smoothly, with almost no choices. Probably the different paths for each girl will come later.

So far, so good. I will keep playing and talk more about it later. Oui, Monsieur!!

EDIT: Forgot to add some links.

Last edited by PGilis; 2007-08-30 at 19:59.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 16:18   Link #1387
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I have Shirogane no Soleil: Successor of Wyrd and Familiar Spirits, both from Skyfish.

Familiar Spirit takes place basically in a world a lot like Shuffle's, where the human world is joined with that of demons and gods. In FamiSpi it's the human world joined with that of the elves. After twenty years, the two races now co-exist in much the same fashion that the races in Shuffle did.

FamiSpi's site, usual NSFW warnings apply

Shinichi, the main character, wants to go to the same school as Suseri, his elven childhood friend and little sister type, except that she's aiming for a magic school that apparently specializes in familiars, mystical creatures summoned into existence from other worlds that are bound to their summoners. Humans rarely can use magic, and Shinichi can't get into the school unless he does something really fantastic, like actually succeed in summoning a familiar.

So he gets a basic summoning kit from a teacher at school, goes home and tries it out. Nothing happens at first but the summoning works! Enter Pam, a demon princess who suddenly got transported into the human world from out of the blue (naked to boot). In short, she becomes Shinichi's familiar. (Pam is a mazouku, which is different from an oni, but unfortunately the only usable English translation for both is either demon or devil. le sigh)

Pam is a pretty typical tsundere, and can do lots of combat magic. She's pretty peeved at her situation at first, and it's funny whenever the magic of the contract suddenly takes over and makes her become all subservient to Shinichi and then she realizes what she's doing and goes, "!!!" :lol:

Suseri is an elf and Shinichi's childhood friend and younger sister figure. She's pretty much your gentle, caring imouto type. Don't know much more about her yet.

Koyori is also an elf, and the class representative. It's pretty obvious I think that she has this big crush for Shinichi, who's apparently pretty popular with all the girls at school but doesn't know it.

There's also this student council type guy, who's name I forget, who's distinguishing feature being that he's HARD GAY for Shinichi (There's a CG between him and Shinichi that made me laugh and cringe at the same time when I saw it )

Shirogane no Soleil is a better game than FamiSpi, and can be described here.

Ryuuhei, the main guy, ends up contracting with Sol, the main heroine and a valkyrie, in order to fight off a berserker, this nasty monster thing, and from there the story goes on; which I admittedly haven't gone that far into.

Sol is pretty much one example of the "ultimate tsundere loli" ideal. She's not as bratty and unbearable as Louise from Zero no Tsukaima (sheeesh, nooo way. Sol is downright lukewarm compared to Louise, who seems to EXPLODE at every little thing Saito does). Ryuuhei and Sol fight often in these hilarious verbal pissfights, instead of the one-sided brat-rant of Saito and Louise.

I also hear that once she goes into her dere mode, there's no going back.

Now, I'll say this out now. Neither of these two games, so far, are anywhere near as fantastic as the likes of Prism Ark, Little Busters, and Happiness. For one, my biggest complaint about these two Skyfish games is how empty it feels. When Ryuuhei's classmates start making comments from the side, it feels awkward and the convo goes on a little too long. The environment as a whole feels empty; there's no feeling that this is a bustling public high school. The entire action feels like it's concentrated purely on say Ryuuhei and Sol, or Ryuuhei and Miyori. The games' environment just feels so...... empty.

FamiSpi also doesn't quite do character transitions too well. Like one character is saying a bunch of stuff and there's another character on the screen and she isn't doing anything for the entire time. Prism Ark, for instance, would have the screen focused entirely on that one character unless she's sitting close by another, Like Priecia and Kagura, and the view would completely change to another character when they speak out, and so on, and it just feels more natural.

That said, FamiSpi and Shirogane no Soleil are not bad games. FamiSpi's premise is what caught my interest and it delves into a sort of master-slave kind of relationship without any of the sheer abuse and negative feelings that usually come with that kind of situation. Plus, the H-scenes are awesome.

And Shirogane no Soleil has pretty high production values, plus you can't lose with a spunky and badass tsundere loli battle maiden.
Old 2007-08-30, 04:01   Link #1388
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
And Shirogane no Soleil has pretty high production values, plus you can't lose with a spunky and badass tsundere loli battle maiden.
QFT. Sol is what makes Soleil worthwhile.

ARGH MUST GO BACK TO PLAYING IT AGAIN. >_<
Old 2007-08-31, 12:13   Link #1389
-Nyu-
Yozora

I finished Yume Miru Kusuri yesterday, damn, what a good story! Was a bit surprised that the h-scenes are uncensored. Since when you check other titles of Ruf the h-scenes are censored.
Old 2007-09-01, 08:36   Link #1390
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
I finished Yume Miru Kusuri yesterday, damn, what a good story! Was a bit surprised that the h-scenes are uncensored. Since when you check other titles of Ruf the h-scenes are censored.
You never played US-released eroge before? They're pretty much always uncensored when it comes to H-scenes.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 12:20   Link #1391
-Nyu-
Yozora

Hmm, I played Kana Little Sister too. Didn't know about that, funky xD.
Old 2007-09-03, 23:01   Link #1392
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Some initial thoughts on Moonstone's latest work, Clear, after 1/5 paths...
Spoiler for story setup/general spoilers:

P.S. By the way, have you ever noticed how, in seemingly every story, there's one English loan word that's sort of the buzzword of the game? Whatever that word is (in Clear's case it was "shy"), the first time another character hears the word, they have to respond with that word as a question ("Shy?"), as if they're not 100% sure what the word means and/or they're not used to hearing it. And then, invariably, they'll use that word later on in proper context. You could practically make some sort of Buzzword Bingo out of it. Anyway, just a little something I've noticed...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-09-03 at 23:14.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 17:04   Link #1393
Spuffy
オウカ~

I finished Reconquista yesterday. The story was really impressive and the idea of having roughly the same story all over worked really good. But my favourite point would be how every little event which may seem unimportant at first in realty is a part of the story. Definately one of the better games I've spent my time with.

And with a really nice sense of timing the next ones arrived today.
First MLAF:
Spoiler for image:

There is also a rather interesting trailer on the extra disc.

Second one was Gun-Katana. The packaging did play a role in that decision.
Spoiler for image:
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 18:40   Link #1394
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

I just finished Tomoyo After, and I enjoyed it a lot. However, the ending left me frustrated and confused at the same time. I won't go into spoilers, but I heard the CS Edition (the one for the PS2) had a more conclusive ending. Anyone know if this is true?
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 19:54   Link #1395
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy View Post
I finished Reconquista yesterday. The story was really impressive and the idea of having roughly the same story all over worked really good. But my favourite point would be how every little event which may seem unimportant at first in realty is a part of the story. Definately one of the better games I've spent my time with.
It was up and down for me. Each protagonist had a good and not so good path, and it was a bit of a pain to go through those to get to the final path. And the ending...

It was a decent title, but I was expecting more out of it.
Old 2007-09-08, 04:16   Link #1396
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Muv Luv Altered Fable?!!

DO WANT!
Old 2007-09-09, 07:30   Link #1397
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Muv Luv Altered Fable?!!

DO WANT!
にゃはは♪ I have one too~
Spoiler:

I got mine in the mail a few days ago, but haven't played it yet as I am still playing through Seinarukana. (ノ´∀`*)
Sad though I didn't get the phone card I wanted.
Spoiler for I wanted this one >>> Somewhat NSFW:

I also made a preorder for Nanatsuiro★Drops Pure!! which is due out in 2 weeks. I was a bit hesitant on getting it, but after seeing the "new" OP, It became an instant purchase for me. A brand new heroine, mandatory beach event, and the biggest draw factor for me >>> Pay special attention the the last few seconds of the movie ~ New OP Movie

フローラちゃん、可愛いすぎる!!!
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 07:41   Link #1398
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Flora?!! Do Want More!!!
Old 2007-09-10, 17:55   Link #1399
komichi

Castle Fantasia and Men at Work anyone? Revisiting some oldies.
komichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 10:55   Link #1400
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
I preordered Nanatsuiro Drops Pure about a month ago, thanks to the Sumomo figure. Didn't find out about the artbook or the extra paths until later, but it makes me feel slightly less stupid for dropping that much money on it. ^_^;;

Also have a preorder for Zettai Shiawase Sengen, which looks to be my only September PC game release. October, on the other hand... gaah.

And now, back to my backlog.

EDIT:
Erjegel, your signature is freaking awesome. :>
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel