AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-06, 16:28   Link #1
socto

[MANGA] winter war arc timeline

i watch and read the anime and the manga, and the anime keeps mentioning the winter war and saying the showdown's gonna happen this winter. now i've interpreted that to mean our real time winter not the mangaworld timeline. yet it's september now and the hueco mundo arc hasnt even finished yet. even if we allow the manga give or take 6 weeks to wrap up the hueco mundo arc (and that's cutting it real close), then that would start the preceedings to the war and the actual war at around november.

this makes sense for the manga as it's on track with the "schedule", but my main problem is that for the anime, no way can the war be shown this winter. given how long this hueco mundo arc is taking and where the anime is at now it would be midway next year before the anime gets to the end of the HM arc. so i'm guessing that the winter war wont be shown on the anime till winter next year, thus leaving me confused as to why they keep stressing it's gonna happen this winter.

maybe i'm just reading to much into it, but what do you guys think?
Old 2007-09-06, 21:18   Link #2
whatasob
MY HAND

i think it's winter in terms of in the anime, though filler arcs in the anime seem sadly inevitable. and the reason winter war is hyped up is because a lot of ppl speculate that not much is going to be accomplished in hueco mundo. heck, the strongest espada shown so far is ulqiorra and he's only 4.

but i think that realistically, considering the rate the anime's going at right now, the winter war will proly happen next year if kubo meant irl winter, so i dont think you're reading too much into it. the manga hasnt even gotten there, and it's gonna take forever for the anime to catch up :\
Old 2007-09-07, 00:19   Link #3
kagato3

The term winter war is used because Azein is not planed to be ready to attack untill december in the time line in the manga and most likely after new years in the anime (as it was stated that Azein would not be ready till next year) at most curently there is maybe time gap of a few weeks between the anime and the manga and in both it is late summer/early fall. as we have known about the comming war for nearly a year it is highly unlikely that you will see it any time soon in the anime or the manga.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-09-07, 03:22   Link #4
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
And for information, why would the manga have anything to do with real-time events? It could be spring in Bleach right now. You never know.
Old 2007-09-07, 07:52   Link #5
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

We do know. kagato3 explained it, the awakening of the hougyoku, which will start the winter war takes place at the end of December. Shinji said that there was still 2 months before this happens. Meaning that is currently late October/early November in the manga.
Old 2007-09-07, 10:50   Link #6
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
winter does not end in december =P even Feb is still winter
Old 2007-09-07, 11:54   Link #7
Irkalla
I asked for this

I get the feeling it's winter here already, so fucking cold outside.

But anyway yeah, the hougyoku will be ready in Dec, meaning that Aizen will attack at that time?
Old 2007-09-07, 21:15   Link #8
astrallionheart

December 2008 maybe. After another 50 episodes of filler. Oh exuse me, low budget "anime original."
Old 2007-09-11, 15:00   Link #9
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

I'm guessing that the winter will only apply in the manga, since after the arrancar arc, they will probably be fillers and therefore, only the manga will we able to fit in the deadline which has been specified in both the manga and anime of course :P
Old 2007-09-20, 14:07   Link #10
Vizard.King
Fear the Vizard

i hope the anime will speed up the pace a little and not make any fillers, i stopped watching naruto because of them, anyways the anime team would hav to make lots of 1-hour long specials to catch up
Old 2007-09-21, 19:20   Link #11
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizard.King View Post
i hope the anime will speed up the pace a little and not make any fillers, i stopped watching naruto because of them, anyways the anime team would hav to make lots of 1-hour long specials to catch up
whoa, are you sure? i think they will catch up in no time, and it will be hard to do a filler like the bounto arc(which was the best way to do a filler if you need one while naruto showed us how not to do it) while they run through hueco mundo.. and if they are back its absolute nonsens, no matter what the filler will look like, because theres more or less no time till the winter war will start
Old 2007-09-22, 16:25   Link #12
ipernorris

It would be nice if Ichigo comes back to the real world failing the HM arc hoping to get some rest and then watch Karakura Town buried in flames because the Winter War has already begun.
Closed Thread