AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-24, 19:35   Link #41
hideFan

[ 5 ] Paranoia Agent - Its probably the only anime I adore that airs on US tv other than MAR... Yeah... and its also probably the least liked. I just loved how they linked all the episodes together without making it cliffhanger after cliffhanger.

[ 4 ] His and Her Circumstances - If you fast forward through the review episodes and can stand the first disk, you will discover a great little show that's often passed up. I guess I like it alot because I went through a similar experience as the main character, falling from being the 'top of the class' after branching over to highschool.

[ 3 ] Rune Soldier - Im probably the only one who fell in love with this show enough for it to be on their top five. I see it as the last of the old fashion anime (IE where they have odd colored hair and want to go on pointless adventures). Plus it's set in the same world as Lodoss War =D

[ 2 ] Pani Poni Dash! - I was so in love with this zaney show that at one point I emailed three different anime companies in the US (Rightstuf, Media Blasters, and ADV in that order) to try to get it licensed... and they all had the generic "We'll look into it" response. Well now its here. NOW PRAISE ME! (joking.)

[ 1.5 ] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/When They Cry - Talk about a mind trip. When I first started watching it, I thought it was an OVA, since it ended its first chapter with only four eps, but after finding a fifth, I got hooked... and then it screwed my mind over and made me over analyze everything for like three months straight >>

[ 1 ] Slayers - Despite its 30Billion bad review streak, Slayers is still my top favorite anime. It was my first non-ova anime to ever buy a vhs of. Lets just say I thought I was hella cool for having it too. Who cares of the animators didnt use the right scale for the characters? Who cares if it has a couple (dozen) plot holes or needless twists? Its still one of the best... Next being the best of the best <.<

On a side note, my favorite ovas are
5. ex-Driver
4. Maps
3. AlienNine
2. Magical Play
1. Munto
Old 2007-09-24, 19:38   Link #42
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

1. Code Geass
2. Death Note
3. Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~ (Best harem ive seen)
4. Fate Stay Night
5. Claymore
Old 2007-09-24, 19:40   Link #43
hideFan

Also Im going to be lurking around AnimeSuki until Clannad eps or the movie come out... Kodomo no Jikan series looks awesome too.
Old 2007-09-25, 00:17   Link #44
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Holy crap!! Only 5...that might be impossible.

Hmm...how about a long list...

Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Twelve Kingdoms, Samurai Champloo, Witch Hunter Robin, Ranma 1/2 (it gets a little repetitive, but I still like it), His and Her Circumstances, I My Me Strawberry Eggs (ridiculous, but hilarious), Excel Saga, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Bleach, Beck, .hack (good even if you didn't play the games), Fushigi Yuugi, Rurouni Kenshin, Elfen Leid, Lain, Paranoia Agent, Claymore, Fate Stay Night, Death Note, Rune Soldier, Ai Ori Aoshi, Get Backers, Puni Puni Poemi (an Excel Saga spin-off; equally ridiculous)...

That's all I can come up with at the moment, but they're all good (as far as I'm concerned)...they're at least worth checking out.

Edit: I was looking around the forums, and realized I forgot to mention Gungrave...loved that one too!

Last edited by Quzor; 2007-09-25 at 00:24. Reason: Forgot one...
Old 2007-09-25, 04:12   Link #45
ricardox

So many good series.. it's hard to pick just 5

TV Series:
Akage no An
Future Boy Conan
Crest/Banner of the Stars
Haruhi
Aria

Some others I consider just as good:
Azumanga Daioh, KareKano, Ichigo Mashimaro, Elfin Lied, Kamichu, Black Lagoon, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Cowboy Bebop, GitS:SAC, Fantstic Children, Trigun, Ippo... There are probably lots more, these are just right off the top of my head and I'm sure I missed quite a few I enjoyed over the years.

Monster is not on this list since I've only read the manga.
Old 2007-09-25, 14:44   Link #46
Keirn

Hmm...hard to choose....I think:

1) Shingetsutan Tsukihime - I love it for its amazing storyline, and because its got both action and romance

2) Darker Than Black - Hard to describe what I like about this one...maybe because it also has a really good plot/storyline? Also, the contractors are cool

3) Death Note - Just cause Light is totally awesome

4) Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - This is a new anime, but I really like it. Its got a unique art style and the humor in it is just perfect for me

5) Fate/stay night - Another really well done anime by Type-Moon....I love their stuff.
Old 2007-09-25, 15:05   Link #47
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Location: In my cube (it looked kinda rectangular though, he says)...
My top 5 passes by:
Ah! My Goddess (AMG) -> Keiichi is an unlucky boy who is overworked by his senpais at their dormitory. He is left with a task to dial a number, but he mistakes it and dial the Goddess Company. Someone comes out from the mirror. That's how a lovely story starts.

Aria -> Akari is a girl who is going for Neo Venezia to work with gondolas. This anime has quite a good and relaxing breeze feeling.

Full Metal Panic (FMP) -> Sousoke is named to be a bodyguard of an high school girl named Chidori. But he lacks a lot of common sense, and he only thinks of military, trully a very funny one, this guy is. He blows up a lot of things, because he things they're threatenings

Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO) -> Really, the funniest and most pwned guy of all story is here. This anime rocks hard, there's no real description for this pwnage, you'll have to see for yourself.

Kanon 2006 -> The greatest drama I ever seen. Yuiichi is a guy who left some town when he was little, but he is back 7 years later for studying, and he doesn't remember anything about before. He meets some girls he had met, and start recalling/discovering their life stories and how things have gone.

this might be a 6th from the top, but it would be a pity not to mention the great
Higurashi no naku koro ni -> A village Hinamizawa is facing a big mistery. Every year in the festival, someone dies and someone disappears next day. It is said to be the curse of Oyashiro-sama, but that's something a bit too strange for common sense. This year, a guy named Keiichi comes to the village and starts getting this knowledge, and uncover the mistery of Hinamizawa.

Old 2007-09-25, 15:19   Link #48
Onepiece34
Straw Hat Pirate

Not many people have said One Piece... actually, only one, and that's me... WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? DO YOU NOT RECOGNIZE AWESOMNESS WHEN YOU SEE IT?!
Old 2007-09-25, 21:29   Link #49
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Hell yeah, gotta love GTO...ooh, and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, and Wolf's Rain, and RaXephon, and X...
Old 2007-09-27, 10:30   Link #50
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Here's my favorite anime list.

5. Azumanga Daioh - Probably one of the funniest school anime ever. All of the characters are all great and I can't remember one episode I didn't like. Also, the English dub is actually good in this anime. One of the few anime I've seen in both English and Japanese.

4. sola - I don't exactly know why, but I found this anime to be really beautiful. I really loved the relationship between Matsuri and Yorito. To me, the ending was quite fitting of the anime as a whole.

3. D.N.Angel - The first anime I ever got addicted over. I loved the story so much, that I bought all 11 current volumes of the manga. (I'm still waiting for volume 12.) To me, Daisuke and Riku make up my favorite anime couple ever.

2. Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru - Probably the most surprising anime on my list. Most people might have not heard of it or liked it as much as I do. But I don't cared. I enjoyed every episode and all of the characters are great. I definitely plan on buying the DVD when it comes out.

1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - The moment I watched this, I instantly became a Haruhiist. I have never enjoyed anime more than when I watching Haruhi. I consider myself to be a lot like Kyon. Thanks to Haruhi, I am a Haruhiist and a big fan of Aya Hirano.
Old 2007-09-27, 11:02   Link #51
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

5.Full Metal Alchemist- Drama, plot twist, vivid characters, wat more can i ask for?

4. Lucky Star- Have to be sorta a veteran anime watcher (not necessarily Otaku) to understand this anime fully, and its funny and light-hearted

3. Kanon 2006- A very well-planned adaptation from the eroge of the same name, amazing characters and love story

1-2. (Tied) Fate Stay Night- Amazing story, and Saber is just so lovable :3

1-2. (Tied) Full Moon wo Sagashite- possibly one of the most underrated anime, cliche characters to start with, and so-so animation tends to throw off a lot of people, but character development is incredible, myco (Full Moon) is an incredible singer and the soundtrack is absolutely amazing. The story is moving and compelling, even though it deviates from the manga i think the anime itself is a must watch.
Old 2007-09-28, 06:48   Link #52
marinne14

best anime
haruhi suzumiya! ^_^
azumanga daioh!
school rumble!
ichigo mashimaro
lucky star!^_^

i just love comedy and slice of life anime!!

whooops!
can't forget kanon and air by kyoani
Old 2007-09-28, 08:23   Link #53
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

neon genesis evangelion, berserk, naruto, bleach, beck
Old 2007-09-28, 10:09   Link #54
Pell14

my current top list

not in any order . .

one piece
hayate no gotoku
seto no hanayome

im trying to stop watching sad animes. im quite a emotional guy, get emo and tears even at animes like fate stay night, even lucky star (ep22) im looking out at comedy =)
Old 2007-09-28, 10:29   Link #55
patnam

For this moment, these is my 5 favorite anime:

1. School Rumble - best anime comedy of all time!!!
2. Claymore - demon slaying, killing spree......
3. School Days - a romantic anime with a tragic end......
4. Code Geass - MY FAVORITE, a gundam-like revolutionary anime, best anime award.
5. One Piece - a long long long long adventure of pirate world.....
Old 2007-09-29, 17:32   Link #56
tyc00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
If you liked School Rumble's insane comedy you should probably check out Yakitate Japan. While it's not a romantic comedy, it's still really, really funny. Especially for the basis of the show. How they make such a seemingly boring topic so hilarious is really quite incredible.
Alright, just finished School Rumble, so I'll give this Yakitate Japan a try. Though it's about bread...
Old 2007-09-29, 18:26   Link #57
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
It's tough just to choose five but here's my list to the best of my ability. Not in any real particular order, of course:

Kare Kano(His and Her Circumstances) -very well done, unique romantic comedy
Boogiepop Phantom -makes you think...
Simoun -if you don't mind a little fanservice and a couple intimidating themes it's actually quite brillant in my opinion
MADLAX -girls with guns/interesting and different storyline
OtogiZoushi(at least the first 13 eps are worth the watch) -Well the last thirteen episodes are about the reincarnation of the characters and isn't as good as the first. Good animation and good story set in feudal Japan
Old 2007-09-29, 19:16   Link #58
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by himemiya613 View Post
Kanon 2006
air
suzumiya haruhi
lucky star
shakugan no shana

i love animes that make me emo(kanon and air especially) also comedy and moe(lucky star :3)
Aside from the fact that this is what I would have put [aside from Air, since I haven't seen it yet], I'm amused by the fact that only one of them isn't from Kyoto Animation. I'd have to agree with you though on the types of anime you like.

I'd like to add Fate/Stay Night to the list and call it mine.

Edit: Oh, I have to pick five.

1. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.
2. Kanon 2006
3. Fate/Stay Night
4. Lucky Star
5. Shakugan no Shana
Old 2007-10-06, 07:24   Link #59
LittleBuddy
Young Member

1)Witch Hunter Robin Nice serious anime. Original story. I just loved it. I even bought it after watching it!
2)Trinity Blood I loved the dark atmosphere. The story was so good.
3)Pita Ten Best comedy/romance anime ever! And it's cute too.
4)Mushiuta Just a nice and original story.
5)Soukou no Strain The story was quite good. It's a school mecha anime. I loved this anime because you never know if someone is going to die.
6)Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Bloody and creepy (well sometimes)! The story is nice even if it's weird.

Last edited by LittleBuddy; 2007-10-10 at 16:36.
Old 2007-11-07, 23:49   Link #60
tyc00

Ok, who the hell recommended Hajime no Ippo? Cause THANK YOU SO MUCH! IT was AMAZING!! It's on my top 5 for sure now. Such a wonderful anime! I'm absolutely in your debt for this suggestion. Hajime no Ippo had a very satisfying ending too! I'm SO happy I picked it up. Next series I want to try is Hikaru No Go. I hope I love this one too. I've heard some great things about it. And again, THANK YOU!
Closed Thread

Tags
lists, top five