Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-18, 14:54   Link #761
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore View Post
I completely disagree. The ending left way too many open plot holes open. I was much more impressed with episode 23 than 24.
It didnt leave any plot holes open because this story was only focused on our earth, it was never its intention to explain "the masters" that run the program. And everything on our earth wa wrapped up nicely. Maybe future manga chapters will discuss those behind Zearth and the "natural selection" process.
iczelion74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 17:14   Link #762
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bokurano. Snowscape

The-Triad did it! They promised and delivered. At long last, the final two episodes, but I won't see the two of them in just one day.

I have come this far with the fansub releases, and I'm planning to last this thrill for as long as possible.

Episode 23 finished, and, indeed, tied all loose knots regarding to our Earth.

Spoiler:

From here on what happens next....
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 21:50   Link #763
Diedrupo

Well, i'm happy the show was at least subbed to completion. Though I did not like some of the later story arcs, the show ended on a decent note and the first half was pretty good. I still am in love with Bokurano's premise and hope with a completely subbed anime more people will watch it, and perhaps even read the manga afterwards.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 21:59   Link #764
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

For what Machi did in 23, that was awesome. Right there she became my fav character. I liked the ending, thought it fit well. I really enjoyed Bokurano and very glad Triad stuck with it and finished it
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 22:33   Link #765
Aquillion

I thought the way they showed the scientists and the government was unfair before. That last government guy in eps 23+24, though, takes the cake for cartoonish supervillainy...
Spoiler:
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 16:04   Link #766
41nano

I enjoyed this show overall, although i didn't liked how they showed all powerful people being that corrupted but when you live in Japan and see that corruption everyday, it's understandable to want to denounce it.

Seems like the manga has yet to end ? I wonder how the story is depicted in it, probably a better and stronger story, I'll probably read that manga sooner or later.

Anyway i have one question:
In episode 18, Komoda plays a piano songs for her family (the girl whose father is a politician). That song is not on the OST, so i was wondering if it was a famous piano piece maybe ?
I would like very much to know more about that song if anybody knows, thanks.
41nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 17:35   Link #767
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41nano View Post
I enjoyed this show overall, although i didn't liked how they showed all powerful people being that corrupted but when you live in Japan and see that corruption everyday, it's understandable to want to denounce it.

Seems like the manga has yet to end ? I wonder how the story is depicted in it, probably a better and stronger story, I'll probably read that manga sooner or later.

Anyway i have one question:
In episode 18, Komoda plays a piano songs for her family (the girl whose father is a politician). That song is not on the OST, so i was wondering if it was a famous piano piece maybe ?
I would like very much to know more about that song if anybody knows, thanks.
Beethoven's Requiem I believe
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 10:36   Link #768
41nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore View Post
Beethoven's Requiem I believe
I tried to search for a Beethowen Requiem but it seems that there is no Requiem by BEETHOVEN
41nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 12:00   Link #769
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Sorry, I meant Mozart's
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 13:18   Link #770
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
I thought the way they showed the scientists and the government was unfair before. That last government guy in eps 23+24, though, takes the cake for cartoonish supervillainy...
Spoiler:
Well said, this urban revival contracts "plot" was beyond stupid. If they wanted to portray people in power as corrupted there was a myriad of much better ways to achieve that. And in the long run it made no difference whatsoever. Comе to think of it, senator (or whatever his title was) Komoda and Tanaka died for nothing as the political climate hardly had any bearing on major plot developments, the kids won their battles and that was that, the Masterminds or the pruning of paralel earths were almost ignored in the end of the show which makes me wonder why were they introduced in the first place. I guess I will see how things are in the manga.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 14:51   Link #771
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bokurano. The Story

Final Thoughts. Finally, my trek for this anime has ended, as of today I have concluded Bokurano.

Certainly, when I started watching the first episode picked a slow pace, but the storyline started to get interesting from episode two and onwards.

I really appreciate how they designed and drew the characters. I was just a little fed up watching anime featuring characters with shining colors and cool features. Bokurano went for a realistic aim.

But still I'm as well felt that major plotholes were left unresolved like the greedy bureaucrat's urban contract revival projects and others as such.

The plotline referring to the masterminds is out of consequence, because as Kanji said they were out of their league and could not be stopped. In fact, the main storyline never intended to have the children fight against the masterminds. It simply told the story of the 15 fifteen who rode Zearth to protect their Earth.
Spoiler:

I read as well that the director of the anime was very displeased with the content featured in the manga, and thus made drastic changes to the direction and the way the anime was handled.
In fact, he requested to the manga-ka that if it was possible to save the children. The manga-ka agreed but only on the condition that their salvation would never include a DEUS EX-Machina or any other sort of magical solutions.

At the end, someway or another the director fullfill the manga-ka's wishes, and thus the children were not revived, and I praise him for that decision because had they been resurrected then it would had cheapened the values of their sacrifices as well to the characters.
Spoiler:

Overall, the last episode actually felt as the ending of an ordinary episode and not a closure. But analyzing the broad picture it is befitting because this one out of many thousands tales from different Earths out there.

I guess that if there's any theme or moral is it that the moment we are borned our struggle starts to cling to life as much as possible and not to be left behind.

Anyways, I give thanks to The-Triad for their fansubs and give special thanks to GONZO for delivering storyline and treating the audience with a humble but immersive ending.

This has been the fifth title I have finished for the spring season.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 17:40   Link #772
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

I strongly recommend that if you enjoyed the Anime you should check out the source material for the show; the Manga by Mohiro Kitoh. Its currently ongoing and is unlicensed, it is being scanslated by mangascreener.
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 03:29   Link #773
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I guess that if there's any theme or moral is it that the moment we are borned our struggle starts to cling to life as much as possible and not to be left behind.
I think that there were really two separate things the show was aiming at (probably as a result of the anime's director struggling against the manga, although I've never read the manga so I can't be sure--and I don't know which message is whose.)

This sort of comes down to my problem with the Masterminds, too. I do feel that this show had many good episodes and had a great deal of potential. One line could have had the potential to serve as the show's lynchpin, if they'd put it together better and focused on saying one clear thing:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Aquillion; 2007-10-22 at 03:59.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 00:49   Link #774
Diedrupo

Aquillion, I think you should read the manga, if only because a lot of the differences that made the anime so flawed are not in the manga, for instance:

Spoiler:

BTW with all of the speculation of how the anime director was going to make some of the kids live, anyone else find it ironic that the manga is potentially going to see more kids survive than the anime?

Last edited by Diedrupo; 2007-11-22 at 01:02.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 02:17   Link #775
strategos

I started to watch this anime. Am @ episode 9, and its awesome. Thank You Triad Fansub for the subs of this great series ^_^. So are the manga and anime different? After the anime is gone... should I read the manga?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 05:07   Link #776
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
I started to watch this anime. Am @ episode 9, and its awesome. Thank You Triad Fansub for the subs of this great series ^_^. So are the manga and anime different? After the anime is gone... should I read the manga?
Yes, the manga and anime is different. A few chapters ago, I would say the manga and anime were very different, but there have been certain new developments in the manga that are similar to the anime's...

If you have time, I recommend the manga.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 02:35   Link #777
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So yes, simple. From the perspective of someone who has never read the manga, this show was a masterpiece, 10/10. People always said the ones that you like best are the ones that leaves you speechless. This is one example. I can't begin to explain why I like this series, but I enjoyed it more than most other things I've watched.

One thing I do know about the manga is the difference in endings. I'll say I prefer the anime ending, because throughout the series I was hoping for that ending, because well, I thought it was be the least depressing one.

Yes, I did enjoy episode 23 more than episode 24, but nothing is perfect. It was enough to conclude the story, unlike Mahoromatic's ending, which was the worst thing that could've happened. The fact that I could love a mecha series is amazing enough in itself. The only real flaw was the battle scenes themselves. Except for the last, there was never any fear that our Earth would lose.

I love it, and I will never watch it ever again.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 18:31   Link #778
strategos

Has the manga ended?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 18:46   Link #779
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Has the manga ended?
Nope, not yet.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 00:12   Link #780
kauldron26
Med Student

wow, this is one of those shows that i know i will never ever ever watch again.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha