AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: GN-00?
GN-001 Gundam Exia 46 29.49%
GN-002 Gundam Dynames 53 33.97%
GN-003 Gundam Kyrios 39 25.00%
GN-005 Gundam Virtue 18 11.54%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-05, 07:32   Link #121
Honey_and_Cleaver

Man, Virtue needs more love, i think its underated, people need to take a closer look at it and see its one awesome mean looking gundam who looks like it can tear a gundam with its bear hands and point blank at its face with a super beam. I think it has enough fire power to take out a moon or a space station or a nation from orbit.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 11:41   Link #122
ToxicNarcotic
Fun Drunk

Send a message via AIM to ToxicNarcotic
I don't think anyone doubts the virtue's capabilities, I think the Virtue's bulkiness just isn't very appealing to people.
ToxicNarcotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 13:55   Link #123
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Fat face makes it ugly!
We haven't really seen Virtue fight either. He just sits in one place and shoots a few beams.

It's basically what Dynames does, except in a less cool way.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 18:17   Link #124
Cherudim Arche

Dynames and Virtue specialize in different assualts, don't mix sniping and sweeping together as attacks. Virtue doesn't need to move do the blast size it creates from its weapons, Oher might need stealth or other tactic, but sheer destruction has it own advantage other than forcing opponents away or into the target range.

Virtue doesn't need to move that much because of its defense capability. Imagine Dynames with the same bulkness, it will come down to just that and the weapons.

I assume people would hate it because bulky gundams look less appealing. My reason is simple, it is different regardless of the weapon it would stand out.

Virtue probably can do pretty severe damage when it finds the location to oberliate.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 21:19   Link #125
pcube19622
ho hee~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to pcube19622
i like exia's GN blade.....
Old 2007-12-05, 21:20   Link #126
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
Dynames and Virtue specialize in different assualts, don't mix sniping and sweeping together as attacks. Virtue doesn't need to move do the blast size it creates from its weapons, Oher might need stealth or other tactic, but sheer destruction has it own advantage other than forcing opponents away or into the target range.

Virtue doesn't need to move that much because of its defense capability. Imagine Dynames with the same bulkness, it will come down to just that and the weapons.

I assume people would hate it because bulky gundams look less appealing. My reason is simple, it is different regardless of the weapon it would stand out.

Virtue probably can do pretty severe damage when it finds the location to oberliate.
Well, the silly thing is, Dynames has been taking a lot of hits too thanks to that imba shield!

I mean, it'd be nice if he were more stealthy, but flying around in the sky and sniping or jumping in the middle of a circle of MS makes him just as vulnerable as any other Gundam = (
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 23:48   Link #127
Cherudim Arche

It doesn't matter how often the shield is use, as oppose fully ultizing every aspect of the gundam to their advantage. In terms of weaponry used so far, Kyrios and Dynames have used it completely. Virtue, well it needs to demonstrate that secret, then it is hard to say. Exia, seems like it need more training even against the other gundams would help.
Old 2007-12-05, 23:56   Link #128
Honey_and_Cleaver

You kidding. What Virtue leaves behind is a crater of mass destuction and desolation, thats like saying, dont you f*king mess with me or ill turn u all to nothing but desolate ash of mutilation. I dont think it evens need to flinch even when they bring a whole fleet of battle cruisers at it.

What Virtue makes of the other gundams are like a bunch of sissies who take out nothing but pebbles of insignificant dust mites compare to its sweeping vacum of extermination.

Fatness dont apply to robots compare to humans. For a fat robots means more armor and bigger size means more bad mother f*ker is what the concept of 40 foot metal stands for.
Old 2007-12-06, 00:09   Link #129
Cherudim Arche

That is what I mean. The gundam Virtue, Kyrios, and Dynames prove there place already, rather than trying to acheive one like Exia.
Old 2007-12-06, 00:29   Link #130
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Only problem with Vitrue, against any MS with decent speed and he won't do a thing. With Dynames you get a good shot at first strike and his shots are fast. Kyrios has speed in his transformed mode, and Exia has the most speed close up.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 00:49   Link #131
Cherudim Arche

Is speed neccessary? No it isn't, in Virtue case, it is using the armor to its advantage, for even the other gundams have a setback for losing a greater defense. Shots and slices are meanless if the armor is discardable, for that reset the stage for battling.

For the other gundams, don't assume that scenario will always make them better in Virtue, for nobody seen the true capability of it. If you are mention other gundams, describe them well if you are going to make a point with it.
Old 2007-12-06, 00:55   Link #132
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Only problem with Vitrue, against any MS with decent speed and he won't do a thing. With Dynames you get a good shot at first strike and his shots are fast. Kyrios has speed in his transformed mode, and Exia has the most speed close up.
I assume that you don't go to the news and discussion thread. Virtue has more in store in that fat body of its.
Old 2007-12-06, 00:57   Link #133
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
I assume that you don't go to the news and discussion thread. Virtue has more in store in that fat body of its.
Well said, but in a strange way
Old 2007-12-06, 08:29   Link #134
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

So someone with half a brain and not a redcoat will stand there saying "hmmm giant laser cannon that takes 3 seconds to charge... Naw, no need to move". Unless he suddenly gains the ability to shot rapidly, all he'll be good for is grunts who are too stupid to be human. It's not about the moving speed, even though that is a big part of it. Its his shooting speed as well. Also, if he does shed his armor, what good is a giant cannon if you cant stand long enough to use it.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 12:03   Link #135
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

First, I'd like to show you this, and it solves the problem of Virtue's bulkiness.
Second, I think you assume that Virtue's beam only goes in straight line? I'm not really good at explaining, so I think you better rewatch ep 8,where Virtue sweep out whole platoon in one shot. That's it. Even if you dodge, he just need to turn a small degree, the beam would go a large range. So, the shooting speed problem is solved.

However, Virtue isn't designed to kill one MS. Its purpose is to take down big and station target, or large army in formation that isn't easy to split up.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 14:22   Link #136
Honey_and_Cleaver

First Virtue was one mean armored bastard with godly fire power, now it looks like a scary alien from evanglion, except it has red hair like predator., like nano hair machines. Im going for Virtue all the way.
Old 2007-12-06, 21:22   Link #137
Cherudim Arche

But we don't know the capability for virtue's other mode. As for it regular one, at least it has another options to choose from.
Old 2007-12-06, 21:40   Link #138
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I just read 00V chapter 2, about Dynames Torpedo. The code number of DG014 means Dynames Gun (not sure if it's Dynames's Guns or whatever, as I'm reading the chinese translation) number 14. But it's unknown that if 14 guns were made. And HRL's orbital elevator is built on sea.
Old 2007-12-09, 09:01   Link #139
Honey_and_Cleaver

I should have voted for Virtue than Dynames.