AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-02-04, 15:03   Link #901
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Yup, I heard ya. Just that one gets the impression that the first person that the new student sits next to would have a better chance of enhancing their friendship than others.
Well, the first choice does increase points with said character, and it does open up more dialogue possibillities (Nanoha is sitting next to that character from now on, after all) but its hardly definite.

Quote:
Btw...

I actually wanted to add this in in my previous post, but have you, or anyone else for that, ever consider making Nanoha (and/or Fate) bi? Why, that would in a way make everyone happy, legion or 300, and pave the way to a nice 3some scenario...

*gets hit by the Morality Hammer*
Satashi's 'Saved by the Bell' Fate is bi. As for my Nanoha, look at the roster, you can choose anyone, boy or girl, young or old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Onion View Post
Pick a fetish you say?

Can we get a rerun if we want to try someone else?
Depends on how far of the deep end you have gone, and how you go about it. Its possible to get close to one character, and switch to another, but depending on the dumped characters background, the way you handle it, and whom you leave him/her for, things might turn out bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Onion View Post
Edit: Estavali gave me another idea. Is polygamy an option as well?
Yes, its harder to acomplish, but its an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Well maybe Haru voted thinking we could find a way to weasel Fate out of that relationship somehow...
But I think you can safely claim that. I mean you are basically allowing pretty much every character in the Nanoha-verse after all.
Eh, I'll leave that up to Haru. I hope he's enjoying a little breeze of fresh air, but if not I'm not going to force him to.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 15:06   Link #902
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
@ Satashi:
Spoiler for rant:
People don't start smoking because of problems, they start drinking (or get stoned)
Hence your view of smokers clearly has a flaw in itself... and many people have tried smoking because of peer pressure, plain curiosity, or just because they're bad at saying no without a good reason (or all three)... And they haven't kept on smoking.

I'm sorry that you've lost family to smoking, but it's still no reason to go off tangent because someone somewhere went and tried one cigarette...
...especially since nanoha was already slightly confused because of fate, even more confused because of candy's weird actions, and generally just having a weird day (she probably hasn't gotten used to modelling this fast), so i find it rather realistic for her to accept in that situation.

As for fanfiction, no one tries to make a 'perfect' world in a fanfiction, because it would lack a degree of realism... We all know that this world isn't perfect, so to sustain a better feeling of realism, neither are the worlds within fiction.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 15:14   Link #903
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Eh, I'll leave that up to Haru. I hope he's enjoying a little breeze of fresh air, but if not I'm not going to force him to.
What? I was expecting that everyone were an option... I lost the interest in your fic kero-chan, but I'll keep voting just in case.

Saludos, Haru
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 15:15   Link #904
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Really? That makes two... Hmm, I should have been more clear then. Sorry about that Haru.
Old 2008-02-04, 15:17   Link #905
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Fate had to be a unpickable option... Otherwise we all know it'll be pretty much a landslide into that branch... So why bother having voting?
Still these things are always fun
Old 2008-02-04, 15:23   Link #906
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
I actually prefer Fate not to be a pickable option. This actually gives Yuunoha a chance :3
Old 2008-02-04, 15:38   Link #907
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
How often do I need to say this? Every character who is not in a relationship is available, you just have to find them. Heck, you could go for Lindy/Nanoha if you play your cards right.

On that note, voting is closed. Final count:

A IIIIIII
B IIIIIIIII
C I

Hayate wins, but barely. Yuuno hang on tight until the final moment. Poor Chrono is all the way to the back, though.

Of to write now.
yeah Hayate

PS: Keroko, you are evil, now I don't get the idea NanohaxLindy out of my head

for farther voting I try do vote for that outcoming
*seeks support by Haru*

and yeah, I know, I'm a perv

edit: 21:41*waiting for update*
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 15:46   Link #908
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:

Dare I claim the largest Dating Sim roster ever?

At least, I can't remember a Dating Sim (or visual novel) with such a large roster. Where's Skyfall? He knows more about these things.
I don't know how many you have, but Da Capo Plus Communication/situation has 11, if I count it right.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 16:09   Link #909
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
I actually wanted to add this in in my previous post, but have you, or anyone else for that, ever consider making Nanoha (and/or Fate) bi? Why, that would in a way make everyone happy, legion or 300, and pave the way to a nice 3some scenario...

*gets hit by the Morality Hammer*
Like Keroko said, my Fate is bi, and Nanoha seems to be leaning that way.

@ghazghkull: Sorry to hear that about your family. I hope I don't offend you in the later chapters with it >.<

@SpaceBrotha: ^_^ nice words

@Keroko: You was perfectly clear that Fate wasn't an option, don't worry about it :3

@ thread: lots of uncommon names showing up glad to see it
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 16:17   Link #910
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
PS: Keroko, you are evil, now I don't get the idea NanohaxLindy out of my head

for farther voting I try do vote for that outcoming
*seeks support by Haru*
But seriously, this story relies as much on the imagination of you people as readers, as it does mine as a writer. There are all sorts of crazy 'I never thought of that before' scenarios hidden in this story, but it is up to you as a reader to unlock them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
I don't know how many you have, but Da Capo Plus Communication/situation has 11, if I count it right.
well, I'm beating that one hands-down for sure.
Old 2008-02-04, 17:14   Link #911
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
As for fanfiction, no one tries to make a 'perfect' world in a fanfiction, because it would lack a degree of realism... We all know that this world isn't perfect, so to sustain a better feeling of realism, neither are the worlds within fiction.
Therein lies my issue. I'm looking for the unrealistic, for things that would never happen in a real world situation. To elaborate, I look for fanfictions where people take the entire package of a character, with minor modifications of course, and place them in situations and then grow from there.

The Nanoha I know of, particularly the StrikerS Nanoha, I know wouldn't ever let herself get into smoking, regardless of the fact that it might help her meet new people. That's one of the things that got me going on such a tangent. (And to think, I just had a calculus class when I write this ><)

On top of that, smoking is already a big issue for me since I'm really against it.

No offense to you smokers, but I have an extreme prejudiced view of smokers unless I'm friends with them, but even then I don't get anywhere near them when they're having their smoke. Call me a prude if you will, but considering I'm surrounded by smokers in my family, dad's side especially, I'm really bothered by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
@ghazghkull: Sorry to hear that about your family. I hope I don't offend you in the later chapters with it >.<
Unfortunately it can't be helped. If it's a plot device, I'm going to have to put up with it, but this has whole issue has now gotten me into a really sour mood. I really don't like the idea of Nanoha smoking, but this is the opinion of one person, so I can't do much, except voice my opinion.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 17:42   Link #912
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Raising Heart

Spoiler for Raising Heart:

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-02-05 at 12:34.
Old 2008-02-04, 17:50   Link #913
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Raising Heart

nice part

C for raising heart

always for new things
Old 2008-02-04, 17:51   Link #914
krisslanza

Kha has now been marked for death as we planned. Bwhahahahahahahahhaha. :P
And... Hmmm... Tough choice here. I think I'll make a dice decide for me... GO DICE ROLL.
It says to pick D!

Yes I picked blue for color. :P
Old 2008-02-04, 18:02   Link #915
Riika
Senior Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
@ Satashi:

I am speaking only for myself when I say this: I read fanfics to get away from reality. My life isn't perfect. I acknowledge that, but there are times I want to get away from it, and immerse myself in a world where I know what I want can never happen.

I read fanfics because it's my 'secret world' where I don't have to worry about the world around me. Once I'm engrossed in something, I all but forget about everything around me, which includes any problems that I may or may not have.
Sorry if I seem a bit harsh concerning this, but nobody's life is perfect and we all have problems. Yes, some people's are worse than others, but still we all have those. What is a perfect life anyway?

Quote:
And on the topic of smoking, that is an extremely sensitive topic for me. I've lost family to it. I've seen people who've had their lives destroyed by smoking. I honestly find it a disgusting habit because of all the crap it causes to people's bodies. It's also something I personally would never do to characters who would never seem like the type to smoke, unless it fits whatever I'm trying to portray.
I personally don't like smoking either and I've lost family to it too. I'm very resentful towards the little sticks but that doesn't mean I'm gonna get riled up and make comments that can be considered agressive towards a fanfic writer.

Quote:
Raising Heart

A

To corner Fate and make her spill the beans will be amusing to say the least
Riika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:03   Link #916
Kourin

Think I'm gonna go C for Raising Heart
Kourin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:07   Link #917
Krinen
"Kirnen"

Send a message via MSN to Krinen Send a message via Yahoo to Krinen
*ponder ponder*
Should I do what I'd do? Or what Nanoha would do?
*ponder ponder*

I think.... I'll go with B.
Krinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:24   Link #918
BPHaru

Quote:
Raising Heart

So your Fate-chan is dating some OC because you simply don't want her to end up with your Nanoha?
Definitely that's the worst possible characterization for my favorite character from the original series

Saludos, Haru
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:31   Link #919
krisslanza

Well it was either Kha or Chaos. We decided we like Kha more.
Old 2008-02-04, 18:34   Link #920
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Well it was either Kha or Chaos. We decided we like Kha more.
but only to kill him after some time? *nothing against kha, but I'm a Legion member*
or I am wrong?

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha