AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 76 49.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-10, 23:23   Link #101
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
yeah i could call up my japanese friend if you want to settle this haha
Well, there is not proof either way regarding of what wording is used. this is second hand info and because there is a chance that she is Shin's sister there is a chance that they are not. it is a 50-50 thing. Of course, there is always the chance the father is innocent and he never had an affair and it is all in Shin's mother head.

Hiromi is not out of the race until either the father comes and admit he never slept with Hiromi's mother or there is a DNA test.
Old 2008-02-11, 00:29   Link #102
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
For some reason, Aiko's "confession" to Miyokichi was very good. I was wondering how she could do it to not make him really freak out, but that was good. At least Miyokichi has brains, after all.

Hm, Hiromi. I'm not sure who I'm going to support now, but I'm going to learn towards Noe. 8/10
Old 2008-02-11, 00:58   Link #103
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Actually, I checked and "tabun" is the word for what Kaouru described above. " ka mo shirenai"
is when you know something but you are not sure if is true or not, or in this case second hand information. You use "ka mo shirenai" when there is a possibility of something. If we put it in percentages, Tabun is something 99% sure, while "ka mo shirenai" has a 50-50% chance.
I think ka mo shirenai and tabun have the same meaning actually.

ka mo shirenai - may, perhaps, may be, possibly

Quote:
"~ kamoshirenai" is used to express a sense of probability or doubt. It shows even more uncertainty than "~ darou" or "~ deshou". It is used when you don't know all the facts and are often just guessing. It is similar to the English expression "might be." The formal version of "~ kamoshirenai" is "kamoshiremasen".

Compared with "-darou", "kamoshirenai" is used when the possibility of the realization of the matter is lower.
tabun - perhaps, probably
*I can't seem to get a detail explanation about tabun when i try to Google it.All that comes out was tabun from medical pov =.=

When Hiromi used the word "ka mo shirenai",i think the sentences she spoke at that time was "Shinichiro kun no otousan ga,watashi no hontou no otou san ka mo shirenai" *forgive my mistake if there's any *
,so the best word used for such sentences is "ka mo shirenai"...i think.

I'm not sure why but after doing some check up about the word "ka mo shirenai",i feel much better right now.
Old 2008-02-11, 01:17   Link #104
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I think ka mo shirenai and tabun have the same meaning actually.

ka mo shirenai - may, perhaps, may be, possibly

tabun - perhaps, probably
*I can't seem to get a detail explanation about tabun when i try to Google it.All that comes out was tabun from medical pov =.=

When Hiromi used the word "ka mo shirenai",i think the sentences she spoke at that time was "Shinichiro kun no otousan ga,watashi no hontou no otou san ka mo shirenai" *forgive my mistake if there's any *
,so the best word used for such sentences is "ka mo shirenai"...i think.

I'm not sure why but after doing some check up about the word "ka mo shirenai",i feel much better right now.
You are basically saying the same thing I said. Tabun is a more certain thing. It is when someone ask you if you are going to go to a party or you are going to go to school. you say "Maybe"
but it is a almost sure thing you will be going, it still left you an open in case you don't go.

Yes if you run both through a translator they come about the same meaning, but they have subtle differences that don't translate into english. It is like Yameru and Akirameru, both mean Quit or give up but they have subtle differences. Same with "Ouen" and "Genkidetsuyo", both mean cheer up but they are different types of cheering up.

Last edited by golthin; 2008-02-11 at 01:27.
Old 2008-02-11, 02:08   Link #105
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Ah, great episode this one.
Though it's obvious that Hiromi and Shin-chan's feelings are mutual, I think it's probably that they don't want to believe it, as there have been many obvious signs from the two. Though it wasn't explicitly revealed until later in the episode, I was under the impression that
Spoiler:

This probably puts some sort of damper on their relationship, and now that Aiko's feelings have been shown, I guess that True Tears can now be classified as an official "harem".
Old 2008-02-11, 02:55   Link #106
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Wow great episode who were the idiots that voted this episode a 4 and a 1 must have been kimikiss fans who are jealous as to how good this show is compared to that show.
More like Hiromi fans who had their hopes dashed because of what got revealed this episode, little do they know that it being revealed so early actually bodes well for the Hiromi X Shin pairing. Shin's mothers reaction is they key here really, you think she would react like that if it was actually true?

I'm so confident it will happen I'll self ban myself from this site for 1 week if Shin X Hiromi doesn't happen. I really don't want to miss the Code Geass R2 first episode discussion... I doubt I'll miss out on it though....
Old 2008-02-11, 03:42   Link #107
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Bah.

I can't get to actually liking any of these characters.

I don't hate any of them at all, and I don't think the show is bad (outside of trying to be a bit too dramatic), but in reality I don't give two turds what happens to any of them. I'll keep watching, but I'm hoping this actually goes somewhere interesting.

Also, Ai is a bizitch, I hope she gets run over. I'm going to really get bothered if Shin has THREE girls going for him, very zzzzzzzzzzz, done and tired already, come on Japan.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-02-11, 03:57   Link #108
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Also, Ai is a bizitch, I hope she gets run over. I'm going to really get bothered if Shin has THREE girls going for him, very zzzzzzzzzzz, done and tired already, come on Japan.
Poor Aiko, she just couldn't say no to shin. I really HATE anime match makers. In my opinion, the only people that should do match making are blood related and still when they are blood related it runs the chance that it will not end well. Like with Jun matchmaking Noe with Shin. True tears should have a secondary title of "matchmakers from hell".
Old 2008-02-11, 05:08   Link #109
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
For some reason, Aiko's "confession" to Miyokichi was very good. I was wondering how she could do it to not make him really freak out, but that was good. At least Miyokichi has brains, after all.

Hm, Hiromi. I'm not sure who I'm going to support now, but I'm going to learn towards Noe. 8/10
Voted 8/10 as well.

I agree that Aiko's confession was done in a rather gentle manner. Still feel bad for Miyokichi though, poor guy.
Old 2008-02-11, 05:37   Link #110
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
Voted 8/10 as well.

I agree that Aiko's confession was done in a rather gentle manner. Still feel bad for Miyokichi though, poor guy.
I really hope that what we see in the preview is Shin trying AGAIN to play matchmaker with Aiko and this time she tells him straight to mind his own business!
Old 2008-02-11, 05:38   Link #111
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Oh man, the tension. The tension's a killer.

I think most of us saw the plot twist in this ep coming. It's disappointing that that particular plot twist was predictable, since most others in this show haven't been, but what saves it is the fact that it came half way through the series rather than later on. They can now take this and build on it, and develop it into some awesome drama (if the execution is good).

I can see people's complaints about the characters though. They're fascinating, there's no question about that, but other than Noe and, to a lesser extent, Aiko, are any of them genuinely likable. At this stage, their flaws dominate, which is why I can understand some people won't necessarily like them. I think this could be a problem if it's not handled carefully later on. The difference between good drama and melodrama is generally how well one can connect with the characters. If you lose a reason to care about the characters, than you're just watching pictures on a screen. This is where I'd probably put something like Kimikiss slightly ahead of this. This has complexity far above Kimikiss, but Kimikiss has the more sympathetic characters, IMO.

The drama builds... Next ep should be fascinating.

Last edited by Sorrow-K; 2008-02-11 at 06:04.
Old 2008-02-11, 05:57   Link #112
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
True true that the character here are losing touch with the viewers...especially shin imo. Any more ignorance from him then I'll be happy that he gets a bad end (sorta speak). This is probably something that isn't wanted but he has been losing points since last ep. That said though I feel that hiromi is getting better as a character as we can see what circumstances she has been put in. Being predictable doesn't make it bad, but now that this big chunk of spoiler is out of the way we are heading into unknown territory in terms of what they will do next...just enjoy the ride

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-11, 05:59   Link #113
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

[QUOTE=Sorrow-K;1392607]Oh man, the tension. The tension's a killer.
I can see people's complaints about the characters though. They're fascinating, there's no question about that, but other than Noe and, to a lesser extent, Aiko, are any of them genuinely likable.
/QUOTE]

Well; If you'd ask me I'd say that It's quite good that the main characters have their own flaws etc. It at least shows that they too are human beings like us. It would get really boring(for me) if all they do is the "right" thing etc...(it's gets annoying); or if they're too nice and all that. And thats why I love Hiromi.
Old 2008-02-11, 08:09   Link #114
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Did anyone else laugh their ass off when Nobuse made that face? I was like man your girl basically told you she likes someone else what kind of face was that. I felt bad for the guy a little but that face just made the mood more humorous than sad. I was actually happy to see Hiromi talk back to Shin's mom. Someone has to put a stop to it and the father is never around. Stop punishing someone for what their parents did. Its the same in True Tears as well with Hayami. Hiromi is in a dark and very difficult place at the moment and im not sure who can help her pull herself out. Noe's brother i just want to punch the shit out of that guy is that wrong of me? He's very manipulating and i cant stand it, was there any need to tell Hiromi that Shin'ichiro and Noe might be dating no there wasnt if only to work some angle hes got going.

Shin'ichiro is learning that when you hold something dear dont let it go and its a hard lesson to learn. His frustrations with suggesting Jun date Hiromi is coming back to bite him in his ass. Hirmomi too i believe can no longer hold back even after the "Whoops i said it talk" I am not sure if they are related or not i would prefer that they werent but since its coming up so early in the series i highly doubt they are but ill just sit on it for now till we get somemore info about the past. Noe is still the most seemingly innocent one out of the bunch and her scene cooking while shaking her hips while wearing Shin'ichiro's belt was hilarious. She seemed generally upset that Shin asked her to leave him alone for a while. I think she really does like him in her own weird way. The drama is heating up and anything can happen. Hiromi and Shin'ichiro need to have a talk the misunderstandings are causing so much damage, to the point where Hiromi thinkings shes a bad person. She is not a bad person just a person who has bottled up too many feelings and now they are bursting out.

Next episode cat fight over Shin with Hiromi and Noe oh i cant wait.
Old 2008-02-11, 08:58   Link #115
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Oh man, the tension. The tension's a killer.

I think most of us saw the plot twist in this ep coming. It's disappointing that that particular plot twist was predictable, since most others in this show haven't been, but what saves it is the fact that it came half way through the series rather than later on. They can now take this and build on it, and develop it into some awesome drama (if the execution is good).

I can see people's complaints about the characters though. They're fascinating, there's no question about that, but other than Noe and, to a lesser extent, Aiko, are any of them genuinely likable. At this stage, their flaws dominate, which is why I can understand some people won't necessarily like them. I think this could be a problem if it's not handled carefully later on. The difference between good drama and melodrama is generally how well one can connect with the characters. If you lose a reason to care about the characters, than you're just watching pictures on a screen. This is where I'd probably put something like Kimikiss slightly ahead of this. This has complexity far above Kimikiss, but Kimikiss has the more sympathetic characters, IMO.

The drama builds... Next ep should be fascinating.
I see what you mean about the characters, I only like Noe and Aoi at the moment the rest frustrate me especially Shinichiro, He is so blinkered about everything, why didn't he stand up for Hiromi ages ago and the way Aoi was with him at her resteraunt she was obviously showing her feelings and he has just completely missed them which is a trate with most male characters but at the moment comparing it with "Clannad" Okazaki is doing the same ignoring the feelings from Nagisa and to even Ryou (the younger sister) but in that i really like his character so they must do something about Shinichiro quite quick in my opinion.
I was watching Bleach trying to catch up and i watch like 4 episodes and nothing really happened and with this every episode so far has been great easily the best of the new anime's.

Quote:
it looks like that from the preview, i am wondering about why did Aoi chuck the towel at Shin, maybe just playful playing at her shop??? but obviously Noe knows Shins feelings are for Hiromi thats why she confronts Hiromi and then is seen hugging her brother because she really likes him deeps down more than a friend.
Old 2008-02-11, 09:26   Link #116
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Just finished watching. Might comment more later but for now...

WIN.
Old 2008-02-11, 09:38   Link #117
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I'm quite interested to see how this fight is going to come about. I can't think of a reason as to why the two would start scrapping like that.
Old 2008-02-11, 10:21   Link #118
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Are Aiko and Nobuse done? I don't quite get how she suddenly exploded last episode after having been with Nobuse for so long.

But omg, I got blown away by episode 6, this is the first time I've ever felt teary eyed from anime, Hiromi's delivery was spot on perfect even if we saw it coming from a mile away.

Does Hiromi really like Shinichirou? She seems so ambiguous that I'm totally confused. Aiko likes Shinichirou but I really don't see her asserting herself as a candidate for gf. She also has to deal with the fallout from what she said about the sweater. Noe doesn't seem to care either way, she seems to just want him around rather than a romantic partner.
Old 2008-02-11, 10:27   Link #119
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Are Aiko and Nobuse done? I don't quite get how she suddenly exploded last episode after having been with Nobuse for so long.
The regular updates from Nobuse on how well Shin and Hiromi are getting along and stuff like we should double date probably didn't help and who knows how many times he mentioned Noe to her.
Old 2008-02-11, 10:28   Link #120
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm quite interested to see how this fight is going to come about. I can't think of a reason as to why the two would start scrapping like that.
Spoiler for episode 7 preview clip:
Closed Thread