|2004-02-13, 06:54||Link #1|
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
New Media Player Classic
Older version changes as of 3/23/2004:
Media Player Classic version 220.127.116.11
- Mpeg video decoder: implemented frame-dropping (b-frames only) when running late and added a new sse2 idct (intel's code, AP-945), now high-definition clips should keep the sync at least
- Mpeg splitter: plays discontinuous/joint files to the end but seeking still broken with those, also recognizes aac streams and misdetects others as lpcm less frequently
- New aac decoder based on libfaad, coreaac didn't handle mpeg's aac very well for some reason (he-aac, stereo downmixing supported)
- Volume normalizer can be "boosted" a bit in case you find the level still low, look for the slider next to the normalize checkbox
- Added a /nofocus command line switch. Guess what it does! Through the web interface browse.html also accepts a focus=no GET parameter with the same effect
- More fine tuning of the internal splitters' packet buffering.
- Fixed the "higher than normal" priority option, it was not applied after reopening the player.
- New option to launch files in fullscreen (checkbox at options/player)
- 7th internal logo by Steve Smith (looks very nice), if you made any in the past contact me again and I'll add your name to the logo chooser page, next to your logo. For now with the exception of the new one, only an "Author unknown" text will be displayed there because I can't remember which one came from who
- Fixed the file browser not displaying anything on cd drives under xp, when the recording feature of the operating system is enabled
- Almost 200KB increase in file size! No, it's not (just) the logo (~50k compressed), but libfaad was also huge
- For those who can recompile the sources: running filters.bat is no longer needed. After adding the lib of the new aac decoder onto the list VC couldn't link it anymore (it crashed...), so I had to add each lib separately to the additional dependecies of mpc to overcome this problem.
Media Player Classic version 18.104.22.168
- New internal mpeg splitter: It can read program/transport/elementary streams, demuxes mpeg1/mpeg2 video, ac3/dts/mpeg/lpcm audio, cvd/scvd/dvd subtitles. You can switch streams through the filter menu (play/filters/...) similar to the original ogm splitter. The subtitle stream is set to a default dummy entry (to prevent emails asking how to turn it off , so it has to be changed to a real stream before you will see anything. Possible problems/bugs/annoyancies: seeking doesn't work very well with small files, and it may not be that resistant to stream errors always (time will tell I guess
- The mpeg2 decoder was updated to accept and display cvd/svcd subtitles of course. Before you ask, there is no other known decoder for dshow doing this. None of the effects of svcd subs are supported at the moment, I don't have the specs on them and have no test files either.
- Updated libdts to 0.0.2 (decodes high frequency extensions)
- More mime types recognized and follows http redirections.
- The .ra file extension (usually used by the audio-only format and what the rm splitter still cannot handle) is now a directshow type, however mpc will switch to realmedia mode when it detects it to be the audio-only format. The same fallback is done when detecting quicktime or shockwavefile header opened over http.
- Improved buffering in all internal splitters. The lower limit is 100 samples or 100k per stream, the upper limit is 10000/1MB for all streams together, but when the lower limit is not met for one stream the others are allowed to read more than the upper limit to unblock. You can check the actual status in mpc's status window, it's going to be in the last row, and the number between [..] will mean the pin number.
- Added the jpeg output format for "Save image...". Also, removed the shell call preventing mpc to start up on win9x without IE4 (but it will still check the registry for this folder )
Media Player Classic version 22.214.171.124
- shortcuts for saving snapsots and autonaming
- dts decoder (libdts 0.0.1)
- runtime error opening subtitles from some cds fixed
Media Player Classic version 126.96.36.199
- opening http urls fixed.
- file / save image... implemented (finally .
- dx7/dx9 qt renderer fixed for 16bpp desktops.
- when using the /cd switch the current drive is checked first, where the player was launched from.
- the initial output buffer of the internal audio decoder was made a bit larger, means it may still work when there is such filter connected downstream which won't let the buffer size increased dynamically when needed.
Last edited by Green²; 2004-03-23 at 22:56.
|2004-03-23, 23:05||Link #3|
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
Media Player Classic 188.8.131.52 can be found here.
- AAC decoder: mono sources fixed
- MPEG splitter: reads PVA streams, also fixed choppyness with some mpegs
Media Player Classic 184.108.40.206
- mpeg video decoder: sse2 optimized motion compensation and deinterlacing
- mpeg splitter: 192 byte/packet ts files are supported, confuses mpeg and aac audio streams less likely, the duration reported for joined mpegs became more accurate (but the result of seeking such files is undefined .
- ogm sync problem fixed
- more tweaking of the core of all splitters
Last edited by Green²; 2004-03-29 at 13:33.