AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-21, 08:02   Link #20301
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Why fight when we can work together?

Franz: "Alpha 1-1 to Aus'ruf, we've found the target's temple. Unable to attack, request ion cannon strike."

Aus'ruf: "Copy, relaying targeting data to firing platform.

Goose: "Ready, Lowe?"

Lowe: "Let's do this."

(Look above to Lowe's post)

Franz: "This is Alpha 1-1. Sweet. Mighty fine shooting. Request you place Sierra One One Seven on standby in case the target survived."

Aus'ruf: "Copy. Shall we deploy him with the Alt Eisen variation?"
And it was an honor working with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Lucky Aurion is lucky indeed.

*dodges Triple Rider Kick*
*watches USB run into Mai's waiting chainsaw*

Mai: ...

Sekhou da.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
2: not new, but still refreshing. besides, it's easier to picture Hikki and his romantic affair with Widuri daily activities.

*dodges Reppuken*
Needs more of his romantic daily activities please

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
Next rebuild to consider: Annabelle, Shin-chan & Zengar Zombolt Jackson Armstrong. Hopefully, some Takeru & hot meganekko MILF Frieda and the whole Johansen Family as well.
JOHANSENS AS PRIORITY NAO!!!!!!

*runs faster*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-21, 08:06   Link #20302
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Okay, everyone, find your shelter quickly! Bluecheese Nuke detected!

Spoiler for The story thus far ...:

Okay, that was cheap, but it summarizes everything up till now for those that have not read it from the start.

Now ... for the real meat.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha GuardianS

Chapter Six—Burden of the Past

Spoiler for Scene I:

Spoiler for Scene II:

Spoiler for Scene III:

Last edited by PhoenixFlare; 2008-02-23 at 03:57.
Old 2008-02-21, 08:06   Link #20303
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Officially, fanonally, Lyrical of Time Rebuild starts at January 12th, MC 0076. So he won't see actions during StrikerS timeline but he (as well as my other OCs) will mention events leading to Lyrical of Time.

Unless it's necessary to change his timeline, MC0076 will be the start of his life as TSAB officer.
Nope it's fine.

Quote:
Begining intervention.
Spoiler:

Kha....

Try it and DIE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Oh yeah, Gimmy is a sneaky little brat ain't he? Something he definitely needs when spying on his sister in the field

*dodges*

For some reason though, once I've seen his full profile Foy' as Virtue/Nadleeh...

DOES NOT COMPUTE

So when can we expect his execution lines?

So the Nadleeh AI is actually Lyn Mi- *radio static*

*taps radio*

Damnit..
Need I mention that Darry has several Prinnies by her side all the time...?

*dodges shot as well*

I know it's pretty weird, but Foy is very ecentric on the whole. We've got too many prim and proper sentokijin, time to make a really really messed up one! Schizophrenic gender-confused and TRAP!

I feel sorry for Foy for having to tank my desires whole... *ahem*

Pretty soon, once my brain unjams.

And I'm sure she's a very good sing---

*static*
Quote:
Not if I get to him first!!!!

Quote:
Why fight when we can work together?

Franz: "Alpha 1-1 to Aus'ruf, we've found the target's temple. Unable to attack, request ion cannon strike."

Aus'ruf: "Copy, relaying targeting data to firing platform.

Goose: "Ready, Lowe?"

Lowe: "Let's do this."

(Look above to Lowe's post)

Franz: "This is Alpha 1-1. Sweet. Mighty fine shooting. Request you place Sierra One One Seven on standby in case the target survived."

Aus'ruf: "Copy. Shall we deploy him with the Alt Eisen variation?"
Who yelled Kha season?!

More updates for Foy coming soon!
Old 2008-02-21, 08:07   Link #20304
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Spoiler for Scene III, continued:

Spoiler for Scene IV:

Spoiler for Scene V:

Last edited by PhoenixFlare; 2008-02-23 at 03:56.
Old 2008-02-21, 08:09   Link #20305
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
To use Dkellis words: when making something, you have to think 'does this fit in the Nanohaverse?' The Nanohaverse has very short combat ranges, anything that operates outside those ranges goes outside the boundaries of the Nanohaverse (for example, Dieci's Heavy Barrel, which is pretty much a 'state of the art' cannon, has nowhere near the range of this thing) his weapon is able to kill pretty much every member of the Nanoha cast, simply stay out of sight, pull the trigger, and with a projectile that goes -what was it again? 2000m/s?- he only needs to be 2 km away to score an instant kill.

It's a weapon that doesn't fit with the close combat theme that Nanoha portrays, which lowers its credibillity dramatically.
You are referring to the Literary Nanoverse, and here you are right, but there are many ways to say "does it fit". From a scientific POV, Tigerclaw can actually make a decent case for a weapon with capabilities similar to what he proposed (never mind its operating mechanism for now - his ultralight plasma is due to uncontrollably rise due to its positive buoyancy).

Suppose he gave up any pretense of sci-fi and just made say ... a replica of a AGS-30. There's no plausible technical grounds to refuse this (he can buy the darn thing along with its 29-round mag from the Russian black market probably), but just by mating a Terran grenade launcher (heck, even the propellant can just be good old Terran chemicals - propellants themselves are not weapons, or so I'll try this legalistic dodge) with magitech cartridge technology (for the warhead - see, the weapon is magic), he can still make its crew of maybe 3 men be able to kill every member of the Nanoha cast under the right circumstances in a few seconds out to over 1000m, beyond their reply range. Heck, the grenade round, which is among the slowest of modern weapons, will still be FASTER than the Nanoverse ammo. Similar effects can be obtained with even a 60mm mortar to a greater range. Or a RPG (clearly one-man) for a shorter range.

So what to do with such a weapon. Turn down permission? But what will be the justification? It is entirely established technologies on all ends!

Spoiler for Thoughts:
Old 2008-02-21, 08:09   Link #20306
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Spoiler for Scene V, continued:

Spoiler for Scene VI:

Spoiler for Scene VII:

Last edited by PhoenixFlare; 2008-02-23 at 03:58.
Old 2008-02-21, 08:19   Link #20307
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Spoiler for Scene VIII:

Spoiler for Scene IX:

Right, that's about it.

*runs from Bluecheese-angry mobs*

Last edited by PhoenixFlare; 2008-02-23 at 04:15.
Old 2008-02-21, 08:26   Link #20308
Liingo
Love Hina?

4!!! 4 posts!!!!!! Over 150k characters..................................

Hooly eek:

I'll get back to you in a while...

Edit:
Oh ho, Information stored away XD. Nice to meet you Jeremy Phoenix Flare

Right.. It's half an hour later and I'm not sure where I can start reviewing... (Isn't it sad to see your work that took so long to write read so quickly...)

Quick Re-read in progress to see if I can find anything to nit-pick on.....

The praise will be coming along shortly as well....

Edit2

Scene 2
So uh.. what exactly happened with Hayate and the wall of water.. While it's clear what she does when you read it, what exactly was it meant to do/ how did it work?

The scene between Signum/Hayate was well done. Good emotion there.

Scene 3
All that and it was only a bit over 1/4 of her reserves?
Quote:
“These are certainly dangerous foes we’re facing,” Fate agreed. “It’s almost as if they understand a lot about wars and strategies, more than even some of us here,
Wars seems a little over the top to me... but I guess it works...Battles would have been description, although it doesn't really fit in the spot as well.

Interesting developments at the end there. We've been introduced to the general concept before, but good to see it in the storyline as well.

Scene 4
Argh, Another mysterious character. The puppet master perhaps.

Need sleep, will continue this tomorrow.... Night all.

Last edited by Liingo; 2008-02-21 at 09:49.
Old 2008-02-21, 08:37   Link #20309
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
When it comes to tsukkomi, Mayura is actually second best of the three girls. Julie would be the most likely person to whack Asagi or Mayura in the head

Although yes, getting hit by Mayura will most definitely HURT
Hmm...I pity Asagi then, as she'll probably get whacked all day long. Though I'm guessing Julie's tsukomi is the harisen type?

Quote:
At least you remembered one of the better Sentais

And yes, that attitude towards anime in general is maddening, though there are those rare dubs that are actually much better than the original Japanese... like Cowboy Bebop's
I avoid dubs like the plague, so I'll never know.

Quote:
And Julie's profile will come in due time
I get the feeling she'll be a real interesting character.

Quote:
... Which means... I'm being watched!
*cue Star Wars theme*

Quote:
Sorry to dissapoint, as it's nothing of the sort, at least not what you're thinking

But I think Ryotaro's still gonna like it

*runs*
*Remember Negima moments suddenly* Okay!

Quote:
Not everyday do you get a call for fanservice, so...

Spoiler for Hyper Cast Off?:

*runs*
*nosebleeds* Saiko da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I'll be borrowing Lowe's style of profiling with the Cleric-Knights. Thanks again!

CLERIC-KNIGHTS
Justicar Foy Rokker

Gosh I can't find his portrait...

Spoiler for Justicar Foy Rokker:
Foy is... a little confused?

Looking for more pictures to patch this file up. Its in pieces.

Comments & Criticisms even flames welcome!

Ideas too, because I'm a little brain-jammed and I might have forgotten something.
I think my brain just exploded as well. Everything looks alright to me, except the armor part. I certainly hope it doesn't look exactly like that. What's with the error 404 anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Do they eat Aurion-brand products for breakfast?
Aurion cereals?

Quote:
Oh, something along that line, though not as explicit. *cough*

And I'll probably be using the new format for the split. Makes it easier, I think.

Quote:
Which is good!

Quote:
Well, eventually your curiosity will be satisfied, but before that, you're supposed to hang on to your chair anticipating what comes next. That's probably what makes books sell, anyway.
True. I've waited for Code Geass R2 for over half a year. Waiting a month or 2 for 25k words doesn't sound too bad in comparison.

Quote:
Yep, probably tonight.
I'll read it tomorrow then. Halfway through and still plugging through Goose's and Kagerou's oneshots. Then I also read a lot of manga in the office when I'm free, and things have been a bit quiet lately. They say its because of the elections over in the US, though I wonder how much that actually affects things.

Quote:
I don't know about genre listing, but yeah, it's a synopsis of what to expect, similar to what Nighty writes back then. Or it can be an overall view, without all the mysterious mumbo-jumbo. Decisions, decisions ...
Well a plot synopsis would work then.

Quote:
Gosh, I got trapped by Hayate at that exact same moment when she said "P-please be gentle." Someone help me!
You're on your own. We're just as trapped.

Quote:
What kind of treatment is the poor dog wolf getting? Don't worry, I'll save you some grace (much, much later)!
Wolf? Which wolf? jk

Quote:
Ack, that's scary stuff! I'm guessing that Vita comes rushing through with Graf Eisen in Destruction Mode, bent on crushing Aurion into pancake.
Human goo sounds more possible.

Quote:
Hypertyping Mode, engaged!
I really think I should copy this skill. How much time do you spend writing everyday anyway? And have you finish watching the Shakugan no Shana DVDs I lend you?

Quote:
I did some research into Archerko after this, and YES PLEASE! Certain typical F/SN H4XX abillities will need to be worked on, but the character? Bring her into the OC!
More people who appreciate the wonders of Archer-ko.

Quote:
We'd laugh at the silliness.
My eyes would spin wildly, if it could.

Quote:
WDF?

KHA!! YOU DARE TAINT THIS THREAD WITH THIS BLASPHEMY???? THIS CALLS FOR MY ALMIGHTY GOD FINGER!!!!

Oh, wait. I'll just counterattack with this instead.
Spoiler for Ready for action!:

USB500 watches as Exia-tan pwns Kha with her Seven Swords of Heavens skill.

Gundam musume!

Quote:
Spoiler for space-saving:

So yeah. Lyrical of Time's going to receive some overhauls here and there. Comments and/or anything are welcome.

P/S: that appearance was supposed to be Hikki's original design when I first created him.

My brain is frozen....
More 404? I must admit I also had the impression this Hikki is set in another timeline. Approve everything so far. Though I think you might have to tone down the power level on the Whistling Gale a bit. Or at least give it some drawbacks or something. As it stands, its a little haxxed.

Quote:

That has a very strange image in my head for some reason...

Lucky Aurion having three young girls for breakfast

*runs from Triple Rider Kick*
I think he meant Aurion brand cereals or something. Though Belkarangers cereals sound mighty interesting too. In fact, Asagi's company could move open a branch into the food and beverage industry.

Edit: OMFG JEREMY! Why you nuke the thread so soon!? *faints*
Old 2008-02-21, 09:04   Link #20310
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Okay, everyone, find your shelter quickly! Bluecheese Nuke detected!

Spoiler for The story thus far ...:

Okay, that was cheap, but it summarizes everything up till now for those that have not read it from the start.

Now ... for the real meat.

So I just read all 9 chapters of BLUECHEESIUM and...

Why is this made out of

SUPREME EPICNESS?!?!?!

For the life of me, I still can't imagine how you could write so many elements and scenarios together in such a vividly descriptive and poetic manner... from GARyate showing off her true power, to Grandis saved from the brink, to Leona's inner thoughts and explanations on feelings (glad that one paid off), Aurion's dealings with Leona (almost like he's hitting on her initially ) and Tesla (who once again LOSES ), and the most poignant and touching Subaru/Ginga moment I've seen, especially in the ending, and...

Ouf of all the characters though, I think Signum really took the cake for this story with many of the chapters devoted to her awesomeness even when she's not fighting

Truly, Well Done BLUECHEESIUM EPIC

Quote:
Need I mention that Darry has several Prinnies by her side all the time...?

*dodges shot as well*
Ah, like the siscon he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Who yelled Kha season?!
KHA SEASON!!!!!

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Hmm...I pity Asagi then, as she'll probably get whacked all day long. Though I'm guessing Julie's tsukomi is the harisen type?
More like... baseball bat type

Don't worry, it's the one that says "I love you" when it hits

*cookie for ref*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon
I think he meant Aurion brand cereals or something. Though Belkarangers cereals sound mighty interesting too. In fact, Asagi's company could move open a branch into the food and beverage industry.
Aurion-flavored Cereals?

*dodges Proton Cannon*

On that last line...

Oh, you have no idea

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-21, 09:19   Link #20311
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Here's an actual quote "These included seven dimensional incidents, four of which had class SS+ level magical explosions that rocked TSAGCOM itself."
Let me put it this way, he gets off scott-free when he causes multiple dimensional incidents and yet Precia Testarossa was exiled for causing one mid scale dimensional incident.

How the heck is it not haxx?
It isn't haxx because he's doing sanctioned test force testing, the test went south, and he got blasted. His difining character trait IS to cause a sort of murphy's law chain reaction and come out of it reletively unharmed.

Quote:
His equipment is even worse. Its everything I don't want my E.V.A device to become... I'm in despair every time I see it. Although to be fair, I think mine is rather haxxed in defense.
Quote:
If they're stupid enough to kill themselves, then they deserve to die. True any weapon can be abused but the various devices are a bit more difficult to abuse then your weapon.
I see you are not trained at all.
So if we ever meet, I will take you to a range, I will let you fire an M-16.
If it happens to missfire, I will simply stand asside and let YOU figure out what's wrong until this happens:
Spoiler for You desserved it, didn't you?:

And after you have nearly blown your face off from a double feed that occured just like in that video, I will ask you to repeat what you have said here.

Those kids are intelligent enough to have gone through the usual jam followup. The only mistake was not checking the chamber to see if there was still a round when they tried to fire over and over again, recocked the weapon, and tried to fire again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cooper
"It has been baldly stated that there is nothing to marksmanship but pressing the trigger when the sights are aligned. This is true. It is also true that there is nothing to playing the piano but hitting the right keys at the right time."
So think about it.

Quote:
It was my belief that Raising Heart (this is the name is the correct one i believe) is intelligent enough to allow Nanoha to bypass the password lock. I mean, look at the situation... for example if you're a soldier with a rifle and a suicide bomber is almost within blast range of you, is the officer beside you going to insist that you go through all the various checks and such before allowing you to fire?

In real life, I agree that an easy to use weapon is critical, but this isn't real life.
And you're treading way too close to that line for comfort.
"I'm a DONKEY on the EDGE!" [/Eddie Murphy]

Quote:
Fine? Right.... its as fine as Kha is normal. See my response to Kagerou.
Your honor, the defense rests. *Litterally. I keep waking up early and responding. I need to STOP.*
Old 2008-02-21, 10:56   Link #20312
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
4!!! 4 posts!!!!!! Over 150k characters..................................

Hooly eek:

I'll get back to you in a while...

Edit:
Oh ho, Information stored away XD. Nice to meet you Jeremy Phoenix Flare
HOLY MOTHER OF *expletive*! How in the world did you know ...?!

Quote:
Right.. It's half an hour later and I'm not sure where I can start reviewing... (Isn't it sad to see your work that took so long to write read so quickly...)

Quick Re-read in progress to see if I can find anything to nit-pick on.....

The praise will be coming along shortly as well....
Actually, quite the opposite. When you write, you relish in writing it. When you read, you find pleasure in finishing it. I guess that goes both way. So, no, it's all right.

Quote:
Edit2

Scene 2
So uh.. what exactly happened with Hayate and the wall of water.. While it's clear what she does when you read it, what exactly was it meant to do/ how did it work?

The scene between Signum/Hayate was well done. Good emotion there.
You mean Calamity Wall? It's explained before, but I'll just bring it over here. Calamity Wall is meant as a one-shot defensive spell, which means that it stays there the time you summoned it until it depletes or breaks or dispelled. There's no need to continuously channel Mana to keep it there. Panzers are active and it requires you to maintain concentration to deploy it (at least, that's what I thought they are). So, although Calamity Wall is weaker than most layered Panzers (and obviously much weaker than a single Panzer Festung), it frees the caster from concentrating too much on defense and allows him/her to use other spells.

If you mean why the water didn't come rushing in the moment the spell breaks, it was described in a slow motion . Hayate's Sting of Truth is around S for speed, which covered the distance between she and Sharazad in the space of probably a second.

And thanks, Signum is one of the most difficult canon characters to capture properly, to be honest. <.<

Quote:
Scene 3
All that and it was only a bit over 1/4 of her reserves?

Wars seems a little over the top to me... but I guess it works...Battles would have been description, although it doesn't really fit in the spot as well.

Interesting developments at the end there. We've been introduced to the general concept before, but good to see it in the storyline as well.
Uhm, I don't quite remember where I got the information from, but it was said that Hayate's reserves are around 8M (don't ask me why the large scale). So, if it drained about 2M, that's quite a lot. Or maybe, I'm just paranoid about the numbers.

Edit: Whoops, on re-reading, it was a typo, it's supposed to be "three-eighth". *edits*

Quote:
Scene 4
Argh, Another mysterious character. The puppet master perhaps.

Need sleep, will continue this tomorrow.... Night all.
Uh, maybe more surprises await.

Quote:
I avoid dubs like the plague, so I'll never know.
Interestingly, so do I.

Quote:
Aurion cereals?

Most delicious.

Quote:
You're on your own. We're just as trapped.
Guess we're going to be here for a very long time ...

Quote:
Wolf? Which wolf? jk
Shafted again.

Quote:
Human goo sounds more possible.
To quote a scene from CJ7, "Aurion's quite stretchable".

Quote:
I really think I should copy this skill. How much time do you spend writing everyday anyway? And have you finish watching the Shakugan no Shana DVDs I lend you?
Go ahead, it's free.

And I don't spend quite as much time writing as I did previously. Presentation is coming up soon, and we need to prepare. Probably about 2 - 3 hours, more when there's free time, which is rare these days.

And I didn't quite finish it, though they're already burned into my own DVDs.

Quote:
Edit: OMFG JEREMY! Why you nuke the thread so soon!? *faints*

So, you're the culprit!

Quote:
So I just read all 9 chapters of BLUECHEESIUM and...

Why is this made out of

SUPREME EPICNESS?!?!?!

For the life of me, I still can't imagine how you could write so many elements and scenarios together in such a vividly descriptive and poetic manner... from GARyate showing off her true power, to Grandis saved from the brink, to Leona's inner thoughts and explanations on feelings (glad that one paid off), Aurion's dealings with Leona (almost like he's hitting on her initially ) and Tesla (who once again LOSES ), and the most poignant and touching Subaru/Ginga moment I've seen, especially in the ending, and...

Ouf of all the characters though, I think Signum really took the cake for this story with many of the chapters devoted to her awesomeness even when she's not fighting

Truly, Well Done BLUECHEESIUM EPIC
Oh dear, you're fast!

And maraming salamat (er, I can't remember if it's the correct one, so forgive me if it isn't)!

Hayate is expected to be GAR, ever since we've fallen for her raccoon-ness awesomeness some time ago, courtesy of Aaron's relentless promotion.

Grandia, I have no idea how it came out that way, though it works rather fine, I must say. Plot-driven enough to introduce some new people, the Magi.

Clairsentient resonance is everyone's contribution, so the credit's not mine alone.

Aurion's hitting talk with Leona is an award-winning idea sent by Aaron.

Aurion with Tesla is probably the most unique, I didn't plan on the game part until I asked Aaron about the score.

Subaru-Ginga is probably the most satisfactory in the chapter for me, I think it's proper. That said, let's not get some strange ideas with the sisters, shall we?

Signum, though, I'll leave it for you all to decide. As a canon character, she's subject to public perception. Still, thanks for the compliment, it means a lot. *self-esteem raises a fraction for Signumeter*

Quote:
Aurion-flavored Cereals?

*dodges Proton Cannon*

On that last line...

Oh, you have no idea
You know, it's got me thinking ...

Is the Colwell going to sell food and beverage? That'll save some problem about order placements in the cafeteria, which can be pretty problematic at times.

Hayate: Waiter, one Colwell Super Salacious Sentai-Powered Cola please!

Waiter: Hai!

Old 2008-02-21, 10:56   Link #20313
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
To tell the truth, yeah SPD is one of those better Ranger titles. Although it being based of Dekaranger probably helps score points
I actually saw one of those Dekaranger clips, and still thought SPD was better. Of course, the fact that I was used to SPD helped a lot.

Quote:
Yup, the Belkarangers are no longer TSAB when Gwen meets them. They'll be SGS then
OK, that's perfect then.

Quote:
More like emotional assistance and support actually

Though not THAT kind of emotional support

*runs*
I wonder who wouldnt want to give Ginga some emotional support....

Quote:
Remember that full image of them I provided?

*runs*

And then, when they purge the underwe--

*is shot*

Quote:
That's just an exaggeration. It was a public awareness advertisement, so the wording was meant to be a little over the top.

And Gimmy, Foy and Hiro really never hold back when the Guilty are around...
Haha, I never thought about it as an advertisement until now. I now see what you're doing.

Quote:
The canon timeline is a little blurred now, but yeah this set up should persist.

The Cleric-Knights chapter aren't very big. There's a current StrikerS total of about 1 page in training per AW, with Gimmy, Foy, Hiro and Taiyo being the only ones finished the basic training and most of the Trials. As Justicars, they assist Charlie and Kha with instruction if they are around.

Just FYI for those interested or notice something:
Spoiler for FYI RLY:
Hmm, in that case I may leave this portion of Gwen's profile open for when you come up with clearer ideas.

Quote:
I think that was the idea behind her creation. She sure hits hard from the looks of the spell list. I bet a tsukomi from her would hurt like hell, and she seem to be the kind to fit that type of role.
Yeah. I wasnt complaining either. I already imagined Mayura fighting and it is sweet.

Quote:
"I will teach you with your body!" (forgot where I heard it from. ) *runs*
I like where this is going.

Quote:
Well when you stay up late to study about stuff like that, you're bound to get mighty confused.
Yeah, that's why I knew it was a misunderstanding. I may have done the same in the past.

Quote:
Makes sense then. Though for barriers, I've always thought if being especially good at it makes any difference between power ranks. If it does, how much of a difference? Or will superior power rank always win cuz the mage can just pump more mana into a barrier or something?

Some food for thought.
I would say yes, since the more power the mage has, the more power she can channel on to her barrier.

However, a master of barriers would know other kinds of barriers, which may be more efficient or effective in different situations. Yuuno is a good example.

Quote:
From Night Wizard.
Yes yes, I was thinking about her, but I wasnt sure. And I agree, she needs to be included.

Quote:
Needs someone that can muddy the situation even more.
Keroko?

... OK, I'll stop nominating candidates now.

Quote:
Explosive crack everytime.

I'm still shopping Foy's portrait, and digging for good shots of Virtue and Nadleeh, but here's something to make things worse:
Spoiler for WTFFFFFFFF?!:

GIMMYXFOY?!?!?!?!?!

*brain explodes*

MY BRAIN!! GIVE IT BACK!!!

Quote:
===================

Spoiler for space-saving:

So yeah. Lyrical of Time's going to receive some overhauls here and there. Comments and/or anything are welcome.

P/S: that appearance was supposed to be Hikki's original design when I first created him.

My brain is frozen....
HOLY SHI-- H4XX!!

But better template indeed.

OMG Phoenix I will have to be reading that later, I have little time right now.
Old 2008-02-21, 10:57   Link #20314
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Hayate: Kyaaaaa!! *falls from stairs, crashes, and lands butt on Aurion's face*
Aurion: What's this soft squishy thing here? *grabs*
Hayate: Oji-san ECCHI!!

Big explosions can be heard. *runs from Aaron*
Question: what soft, squishy thing are you referring to?

Quote:
Yes, she needs mana replenishment... lots of it

*RUNS*
You don't mean...

Quote:
Aaaah.

Even with your above reasons though, that's no excuse for you escalating the situation further like you've been doing. You took a joke we've throwing around Arcas, and then suddenly it's personal. It's not like we insistently throw it around every 3-4 posts whenever you're here, and you did provide the catalyst for it. Look at Aaron and Aurion - he's taking the Sekhuarion thing quite well ( *runs* ).

If you really felt bad, you could've just stopped right then and there when you know the going's gonna get bad here. It's not like you're obligated to reply to every single thing that's thrown at you here.

No more words, no more explanations, just STOP, and continue on with whatever you like to do. Don't aggravate yourself any further.

I can sympathize with your problems, and I can understand the bad schtick you're in right now, under such hell yes it's bad. But that's no reason to suddenly go around throwing a roleplaying hissy fit and suddenly threatening to call down, of all people, MODS to contain order.

Your personal problems are your problems, my personal problems are my problems, their personal problems are their problems, and we all need to cope with it to the best we can, but bringing down the rest of us with you is not an effective method of doing so.
IwillnotUguu~IwillnotUguu~IwillnotUguu~

<smiles>

Add computer problems to that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
You may have missed it, but I mention the Noble Phantasms in the OFM scene in Alpha. Sure to say that they'll be more than just a cameo in the second half.
This is 0083, right? Then there're some changes I need to update you about regarding the 82nd...PM incoming.

Quote:
Scratch that, Arcas = Sunohara.
Arcas: Hey! I'm not everyone's buttmonkey!

Quote:
Hehe...

I guess I've been a submissive boke for too long...

Time to show you my variation of Unlimited Saber Works...

TASTE THY HOT BLOOD!

*LoweGear is sent flying*

Quote:

Spoiler for DVD Special teaser:

Well, yeah. That's what Hayate bought at the Lolita Shop.

Now I need to find the suitable Widuri in Goth Lolita dress picture. also, Goth Lolita Frieda is fine, too.

*runs*

EDIT:
page claim!
Oh Khem, Hayate's got her hands on poor, sweet Widuri...

Quote:
When civilians are in trouble, they call the TSAB. But when the TSAB is in trouble, they call...

CLERIC-KNIGHTS

The best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be.
Go anywhere, kill anything.
They are most comfortable knee deep in Hell while kicking ass big time.
They answer to no one and no one, except the Light itself.

~~~~~~

The Cleric-Knight is not your Ace Enforcer. He is not meant for petty arrests and investigations.
He is the relentless weapon of the Light that never hesitates, never regrets.
His sole aim is the purification of the infected and the extermination of great evils.
He is the crusader, the Judge, the executioner rolled into one.
Light help you if they ever come for you.

~~~~~~

Daemons, Heretics, Evil. Your time is over.

CLERIC-KNIGHTS

The buck stops here.

~~~~~~

Authorized by the Regional Government of Belka.

~~~~~~

Notable Members of the Cleric-Knights and Celestial Being

| | | | | | [/CENTER]
I announce a post with 5 new characters, Kha does a rehashing of the familiar CK's, and HE gets all the attention?

What do I have to do, change my name to Kha the Second to get some love around here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Grandis: That's bad publicity. What do you call Hayate and the Aces, then? They seem sane enough.
Arcas: Uhm...I'll get back to you on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Edward: WHO DID YOU CALL A TINY PUNY MINI MIDGET THAT NO ONE CAN EVEN SEE?!?!?!?!
Oh...nobody.

Quote:
KHA SEASON!!!!!

*runs*
KHA SEASON!

LOWE SEASON!

KHA SEASON!

LOWE SEASON!

KHA SEASON!

KHA SEASON!

LOWE SEASON! FIRE!!!!

<BOOM!>

Sorry, I just HAD to do it...
Old 2008-02-21, 11:37   Link #20315
Melodius Trueheart
Der Erbe zu Altem Belka

Before I go forward with Sanctus Imperium Belkarum, let me ask - how does the idea even fit into the larger scheme of things? After all, there's a "Belka remnant" preexisting in canon, and is it too unwieldy to have not only another little society, but a polity independent of the TSAB and unfriendly to it as well?

My purpose is basically to frame the Al Hazared/Ancient Belka/Church/TSAB connections in ways that evoke real historical events. Al Hazared would correspond, for example, to Ancient Greece, considered the "fathers of Western civilization", while Ancient Belka would to me represent Ancient Rome. Then we have the Church and its affiliates, which represent the Western part of the old Roman Empire, and then there is the Holy Belkan Empire, a greatly protracted yet still active remnant of the old empire that strives to maintain the laws and institutions of the old Belka (rather than adapting to the "infidelic" Midchildans and their ways, which the Church have done to an extent.

Furthermore, this setup (for me) evokes a dash of RTK, with the big Midchildan "empire", the smaller Church with less resources but still formidable, and the little guys (because SIB's not an "empire" per se; they have trade agreements/mutual defense pacts/research corporations with other worlds but no actual control or administration; not even permanent alliances)

Quote:
The concept itself is essential to maintain suspension of disbelief. If there was actually a choice to use conventional weaponry or even some of its parts, it becomes extremely difficult to explain why they don't considering their undeniable advantages in range and speed.
Or you could give magic the same elements that give conventional technology its inherent advantage. Give Divine Busters and Starlight Breakers more range. Make Hraevesglr as fast as any conventional projectile ever concieved. Dispense entirely with melee-based combat (or make melee-based attackers incredibly fast and able to dodge nearly everything which might be more viable.)

But how does that affect character interaction? The ability to get to know the characters personally, especially in the crucial fight scenes?
Old 2008-02-21, 12:14   Link #20316
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
More like... baseball bat type

Don't worry, it's the one that says "I love you" when it hits

*cookie for ref*
Love hurts? And nope, don't get the ref.

Quote:
Aurion-flavored Cereals?

*dodges Proton Cannon*

On that last line...

Oh, you have no idea
So she does have a subsidiary company in food and beverage?

Quote:
HOLY MOTHER OF *expletive*! How in the world did you know ...?!
*looks around with shifty eyes*

Quote:
Actually, quite the opposite. When you write, you relish in writing it. When you read, you find pleasure in finishing it. I guess that goes both way. So, no, it's all right.
Writer's pride.

Quote:
Uhm, I don't quite remember where I got the information from, but it was said that Hayate's reserves are around 8M (don't ask me why the large scale). So, if it drained about 2M, that's quite a lot. Or maybe, I'm just paranoid about the numbers.

Edit: Whoops, on re-reading, it was a typo, it's supposed to be "three-eighth". *edits*
Definitely no idea where you got the numbers.

Quote:
Uh, maybe more surprises await.
Add the creature from the pic I posted a few pages back as the boss level minion!

Quote:
Interestingly, so do I.
Most people do.

Quote:

Most delicious.

Oji-san flavour? I doubt its tasty. But I'm sure Belkarangers cereal will be extremely yummy. *runs from triple rider kick*

Quote:
Guess we're going to be here for a very long time ...
Until we spring the next trap.

Quote:
To quote a scene from CJ7, "Aurion's quite stretchable".
Haven't watch that movie.

Quote:
Go ahead, it's free.

And I don't spend quite as much time writing as I did previously. Presentation is coming up soon, and we need to prepare. Probably about 2 - 3 hours, more when there's free time, which is rare these days.

And I didn't quite finish it, though they're already burned into my own DVDs.
When I don't have much ideas, I find it hard to even write for 1 hour. Alright, from now on weekends will be hypertyping mode days!

Quote:

So, you're the culprit!
Culprit? Where?! I'll catch him for you! *speeds away with Sonic form*

Quote:
You know, it's got me thinking ...

Is the Colwell going to sell food and beverage? That'll save some problem about order placements in the cafeteria, which can be pretty problematic at times.

Hayate: Waiter, one Colwell Super Salacious Sentai-Powered Cola please!

Waiter: Hai!

I like this idea! Approved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
I wonder who wouldnt want to give Ginga some emotional support....

People who are afraid of the knuckles of doom?

Quote:

And then, when they purge the underwe--

*is shot*
We will see a pool of nasal blood! *is shot as well*

Quote:
Yeah. I wasnt complaining either. I already imagined Mayura fighting and it is sweet.
Yeah especially the jacket purge part. SWEET! *is shot again*

Quote:
I like where this is going.
Don't we all?

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I knew it was a misunderstanding. I may have done the same in the past.
I recall certain days where I had been labouring on an assignment for days, and haven't sleep for more than 48 hours. The funny thing was that after handing in the assignment and getting back home, I still couldn't sleep. Imagine the kind of blunders I kept doing.

Quote:
I would say yes, since the more power the mage has, the more power she can channel on to her barrier.

However, a master of barriers would know other kinds of barriers, which may be more efficient or effective in different situations. Yuuno is a good example.
That's true. But how many other unique barrier spells have we seen other than Yuuno's own Iron Defense? (which has a healing effect? )

Quote:
Yes yes, I was thinking about her, but I wasnt sure. And I agree, she needs to be included.
Too interesting a character not to.

Quote:
Keroko?

... OK, I'll stop nominating candidates now.
Seems like nobody else is picking up on it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Question: what soft, squishy thing are you referring to?
Read again.
Old 2008-02-21, 12:31   Link #20317
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Quote:
Better than the previous version.
I do try to improve sometimes
Although I forgot to note in her skill she still can't heal magical injuries (Hence her drop in power...)

Quote:
Another to add to the list
List getting big?

Quote:
[rant]Not another one to read.... [/rant]

I'll add that one too
Poor Fuyu-san *Pats*

Quote:
Emotionless? Do want.
Maybe now I'll just change the person who made her known as "the Tormented" to USB I kid, I kid.
And yes emotionless is My friend gave me the idea to change her from being totally "emotionless" to a more of... Well lets say more like Rei from Evangelion. Comes off as emotionless but has the capacity to have emotion.
Old 2008-02-21, 13:08   Link #20318
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
lol preview time.

Well sorta. Just the pre-title scene >.>
Hopefully it'll end the protests of the people who are like "Nanoha + Angst = no."

Spoiler for Scene 0, MSLN Alpha, Episode 02:

So... uh... did I get the Japanese translation right?
*runs*

Random trivia: Raising Heart is saying:

[Those Unforgettable Days. For Them I Live.]

Must...read...MORE!!

Quote:
Wonderful, good ol' OC Ahh, it feels good to be home
There is much crack awaiting you...

Quote:
Ahh...I think its quite rare for such events in the military, correct? It'll be more of a personal thing rather than a military sponsored event. Like say, RF6 dance party.
Events are held from time to time I believe, especially around holidays or military events. Part of the reason is to lighten up the mood and give the troops a bit of R&R now and then

Quote:
Want more! More WAFFY stuff is good!
WAFF is always good

Quote:
Nah...Like I said, its probably just some nosebleed-inducing stuff. Harmless really. *runs*
Oh, definitely harmless...

Quote:
Sorry to dissapoint, as it's nothing of the sort, at least not what you're thinking

But I think Ryotaro's still gonna like it

*runs*
Ryotaro: *blinks* Eh?

Quote:
Not everyday do you get a call for fanservice, so...

Spoiler for Hyper Cast Off?:

*runs*

Hyper Cast Off is

Quote:
She actually has a mini throne with a mini desk on Kane's desk.
I hope she got a matching black coat to go with it

Quote:
Begining intervention.
Spoiler:
Guess Kha's been producing so much crack someone decided he needed to be stopped, huh?
Old 2008-02-21, 13:20   Link #20319
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
It isn't haxx because he's doing sanctioned test force testing, the test went south, and he got blasted. His difining character trait IS to cause a sort of murphy's law chain reaction and come out of it reletively unharmed.
The walking murphy law thing is pretty interesting but rather iffy since its not consistent. His device isn't effected... that's something wrong already as murphy's law more or lees staes that if something can go wrong it will go wrong. Please don't tell me the device is perfect since I don't think there is anything that is absolutely perfect.
Quote:
I see you are not trained at all.
So if we ever meet, I will take you to a range, I will let you fire an M-16.
If it happens to missfire, I will simply stand asside and let YOU figure out what's wrong until this happens:
Spoiler for You desserved it, didn't you?:

And after you have nearly blown your face off from a double feed that occured just like in that video, I will ask you to repeat what you have said here.

Those kids are intelligent enough to have gone through the usual jam followup. The only mistake was not checking the chamber to see if there was still a round when they tried to fire over and over again, recocked the weapon, and tried to fire again.

So think about it.
You assumed too much.... I have shot M-16s before and I have encountered half feeding and double feeding problems, in sequence and at night as well. It was extremely frustrating and I was damn tired of it but I still checked carefully every time. If a person is stupid, careless or lazy enough to ignore safety or do a half-assed job of it, then he deserves whatever that happens to him. I don't have a shred of sympathy at all when the problem is clearly avoidable.

This is way off topic so let's just stop here.
Quote:

"I'm a DONKEY on the EDGE!" [/Eddie Murphy]
Cute.
Quote:
Your honor, the defense rests. *Litterally. I keep waking up early and responding. I need to STOP.*
Sleep? Sleep is for the weak!!

All jokes aside, get some rest. We can spar (figuratively speaking of course ) when we're both rested.
Old 2008-02-21, 13:37   Link #20320
Tormenk

Just finish chapter 6 of GuardianS and..I'm at a lost of words at what to say. For now anyway. Will comment properly later today when I have some time.

Been watching Shigofumi lately and I must say it's quite a watch. Added bonuses include HayateFumika as a very interesting protagonist and her staff AmyKanaka.

For now, rest for one and all. Keep the crack and cheese flowing.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Closed Thread