AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-03-05, 02:40   Link #21
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Anyway, anime just being blindly made into fighting games is nothing new...the game industry does it when they have something popular and have no idea what to do with it...

I mean...just look at this classic gem:

http://www.netjak.com/images/games/v...aq/Shaq_Fu.mov

That was made by the biggest game company in the industry. Fighting games are a crutch...sadly they'll make mediocre ones out of anime we love until the end of their cash flow.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 23:49   Link #22
Namiko
Namiko Choshi

I dont know if someone said this, but Green Green. Actually the anime was based on the game.
Namiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 13:12   Link #23
ShinDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes
Why do they always make the good ones into fighting games? Why can't they make them into rpgs?

Several good examples: Inuyasha, One Peice, Naruto

They did make Inuyasha, Naruto RPGs......... just not available in US.
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 13:53   Link #24
Zabuzalover
I will run over you.=^^=

Send a message via AIM to Zabuzalover Send a message via MSN to Zabuzalover
Well, we have:
Zoids VS I
Zoids VS II
Zoids Saga I
Zoids Saga II

I have Zoids VS II, it is a good game, the music rocks.
Zabuzalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 17:25   Link #25
daliinn

a qoute from a similar thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch
Cowboy Bebop would be cool. Having gun fights with enemies while trying to capture the bounty, doing martial arts and flying the Swordfish II
there already is a cowboy bebop game. you probably havn't heard of it because it is so ridiculously bad. recomended only for the HARD hardcore bebop fans
daliinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 18:08   Link #26
Unidentified

There were some good games for the SNES made from Anime. THe DBZ RPG was good, easy to play even if you don't know Japanese, hyper dimension is the best dbz game made in my opinion, a good fighting game. There was also a Sailor Moon RPG, I thought it was alright.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 18:10   Link #27
Sethi
StormRider

I would like to see both of these games.

Hellsing - made in the same fashion as Devil May Cry or Castlevania for PS2, and you could play the game with either Alucard or Victoria, that would rock

Full Metal Panic - RPG With Real Time Battles, in where you could enter vehicles(Arm Slaves for example), get team members(Kurtz, Mao, Etc.) and when in time between missions you would be able to wander through Tokyo in school, Resolving problems and causing trouble like Sousuke usually does and of course CGI Movies with some cool scenes(And Sousuke being beaten by Chidori ), now that would be COOL.

By the way there's a Cowboy Bebop game coming for PS2 where you can play with Faye, Spike, Jet, and Bandai also said the game will resolve some plot holes in the series
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 01:43   Link #28
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Gundam Wing RPG of some sort...
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 09:57   Link #29
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Send a message via ICQ to sopel Send a message via MSN to sopel
We have .hack series (4parts), im unsure if its a video game based on an anime or an anime based on a video game, either way it's pretty good.
sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 10:53   Link #30
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopel
We have .hack series (4parts), im unsure if its a video game based on an anime or an anime based on a video game, either way it's pretty good.
I think this one is an anime and video game released concurrently (or at least close)? Or maybe since SIGN is considered the "main" story, the games could arguably be based on the anime.

Do doujin games count? I know stuff like QoH or Melty Blood (or even Glove on Fight) are popular enough among fans, even if they're relatively unknown otherwise... and QoH the the like are games based on an anime based on games. ^^

Perhaps fighting games are simply easier to make, as opposed to any other game type. Are there any First Person games based on anime? Doesn't have to be a straight shooter, but something along the lines of, say, Deus Ex.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 14:22   Link #31
Iori Branford
UH OH SEI IS A KITTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
Are there any First Person games based on anime? Doesn't have to be a straight shooter, but something along the lines of, say, Deus Ex.
Until there are, you can put anime bots in Unreal Tournament like I did.
Iori Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 17:13   Link #32
daliinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
Gundam Wing RPG of some sort...
There are a couple of these for the SNES
Old 2004-03-29, 21:55   Link #33
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by daliinn
There are a couple of these for the SNES
Gundam Wing was made in 1995, but i dont think it finished that same year. I'd like to see a new GW game for the PS2 someday..
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 19:03   Link #34
daliinn

*off topic* wasn't there a Mobile Suit Gundam game that just came out for PS2? i heard it wasn't that great.
Old 2004-03-30, 20:17   Link #35
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
*off topic* wasn't there a Mobile Suit Gundam game that just came out for PS2? i heard it wasn't that great.
There is a slew of Gundam Game titles since the days of Super-Nintendo/Famicom

The following references Super-Famicom for the released market of the title

-I remember a G-Gundam fighing game on the Super-Famicom

-Plenty of "Amalgamated Robot Games(that includes Gundam)" like SD G Generation Series, Sunrise Heroes, Sunrise World War, and mostly notably, the Super Robot Wars Series, which started since the days of the Red n' White Famicom, and still goes on strong to this day

-There was a PS One game (Japan Release Only) named MS Gundam "Char's Counterattack", based off the movie that concluded(for the most part) the rivalry/angst stemmed from the One Year War. The Game, I thought--back when I was playing it--was extremely well done. It featured unprecedented 3-D Gundam Action w/ excellent control schemes. And the story was not stuck within the premise of the original movie. What they did instead is by employing flashbacks, the player is able to fight in legendary scenes like "Sono Na wa Gundam," the Atomospheric re-entry battle with Char. in the Ah Baoa Qu--scenes that are the detractors and turning points of the Amuro/Char Rivalry.

Sadly, I can't find it anymore ><

--As far as recent PS2 Gundam actions are concerned... the reviews (Famitsu/US Official PS Magazine) have been nothing but lackluster--MS Gundam: Encounter in Space (Meguriai Sora) received a whopping 1 -star out of a total of 5; Famitsu didn't give it too much credit either... I can't remember the score, but I do remember it wasn't pretty.

--There are arcade ports like the Federation Vs. Zeon and Aeug Vs. Titans that looks promising. And since it's looking to get a US localization, I'll skip the import for that one if I decide to buy a copy.

There are a lot more out there--as a general rule, I am personally very wary of any games that is a "peripheral licensed merchandise." That applies to not only anime, but hollywood movies, too. For instance it took me a few month to decide to buy the Return of the King: the Game after its release--needless to say, it was worth every penny, but you see what I mean. I'd suggest the same for everyone save the hardcore fanboy who must have EVERY licensed merchandise. To such fanboy I say: "Spend on! you are the lifeblood of the industry, the bread and butter of the Producers^^"

Huh that was a pretty long post, >< hope we all got something useful outta this^^

Til Next Time,
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 03:45   Link #36
Kouji
StrykerX

There's also;
Gundam: Battle Assult 3 (this' based off of Gundam SEED) - PS2
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
- Wonder Swan
- PS2
SD Gundam Force - GBA
Fullmetal Alchemist - PS2
Prince of Tennis - PS2 & GBA
Naruto - GC
Old 2004-04-24, 20:15   Link #37
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejita
I almost forgot...anyone attending A-Kon this year. I will be holding a Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 tournament at the GameStop booth. Anyone that attended last year may remember the tournament for the first game. My roommate is a GameStop store manager so he mostly ran it, but I was right there playing with everyone, kicking your butts. As it was a last minute decision I couldn't get the word out, but I want all the Naruto fans there in full force this year. You may see these same words posted throughout forums everywhere as the case is.
Heh heh...

Hi there. I'm the guy who was playing Rock Lee (whose butt didn't get kicked, since I took 1st place :P ). That tournament was a lot of fun. I'll definately be there again this year, although not playing Lee, since the poor kid got nerfed.

Naruto GNT 2 is a great game, with more depth than it generally gets credit for. It's no Guilty Gear, but it doesn't drive you crazy with cheap moves either.

If you're looking for something different, but still action, try One Piece - Treasure Battle for GC. There is a fighting mode, but the main game is about moving and protecting a treasure chest. The strategies for this game are bizarre, and most of the party games that you can unlock are a blast.

Sidenote: there's a Ghost in the Shell FPS for the PS1, but it's pretty bad.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 20:20   Link #38
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Yeah, it's Gundam SEED on the PS2 (Japan only - import)
Old 2004-04-25, 08:12   Link #39
Limiter
Dead Apostle

Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
It would be really cool if some company could develop a Naruto MMORPG, based on the naruto world settings and traditions.

Races will be based on 5 countries , Fire, Waves, Wind, Earth and Lighting.
and each countries will have hidden villages for a player to start on.

Things will get really interesting if each Countries ways of training, fighting, school test exams ,ninja ranks, and jutsus.

Events or Quest should based on Assassination, Ninja wars , Steal an item, Gather information, or even Kidnapping (they are good if they pull this one off).

graphics should be applied like Naruto: Narumett Hero(ps2) 3d manga like coloring.
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 04:31   Link #40
Kouji
StrykerX

Also, there's that Naruto 2 fighting games. Which borrows elements of the SF EX game series, combined with SSBM (for the 4 player mode part). And overall it's just an outstanding game, if only Bandai picked this game up as well.