AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-28, 14:14   Link #1781
sainclaire
This space for rent.

Send a message via AIM to sainclaire
Ah, now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Where do you find all these endings anyways? I have the game but I havent gone through all the plotlines.
sainclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 15:54   Link #1782
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sainclaire View Post
Ah, now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Where do you find all these endings anyways? I have the game but I havent gone through all the plotlines.
Well the difference between me and you is only that I've gone through all the plotlines...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 14:04   Link #1783
sainclaire
This space for rent.

Send a message via AIM to sainclaire
Ah, I see. My apologies for being unpatient. :P
sainclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 19:32   Link #1784
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainclaire View Post
Ah, I see. My apologies for being unpatient. :P
Not at all--as long as you keep your manners when asking I'm always joyed to answer your questions. Glad to see people interested about Fate/Stay Night, and I hope by being active in this section I can attract more fans of T-Moon.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2008-04-29 at 19:54.
Old 2008-04-29, 20:19   Link #1785
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Off-topic: Type-Moon is finally releasing two new storylines now instead of more Melty Blood and Fate/random name, so it'd be nice to attract more fans.

And Sacchin gets a route. ^__^
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 22:12   Link #1786
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Off-topic: Type-Moon is finally releasing two new storylines now instead of more Melty Blood and Fate/random name, so it'd be nice to attract more fans.

And Sacchin gets a route. ^__^
Are you asking for a confirmation? In that case, yes. And there're actually 3 new works: one of them being Tsukihime remake.
Actually those aren't new storylines--The Night of Magician(my own translation, official Engrish title not out yet) is actually Nasu's third piece of work but was never disclosed except to a few staffs of T-Moon, in which part of the discussion amongst them leaked out. The second most mysterious work of Nasu until today.

The second piece of work of Nasu apparantly is Kara no Kyoukai, which is on cinema now.

The fist piece of work is Fate/Stay Night--no joke! Nasu actually drafted Fate/Stay Night when he was in secondary school--but without the sex change of Saber, and Shirou was supposed to be a girl. The draft, however, was put on hold for years, until Takeshi suggested to implant a sex change for Mr. Arthur.

The most mysterious work of Nasu right now is Ice Flowers, which only the name leaked out and no one knows anything about it.
Old 2008-04-30, 06:07   Link #1787
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Umm who is Takeshi again??

More random question:

Other than the spell which Illya uses on Shirou does she know any other techniques??
How much is Illya's reserve??

What is mana burst??

When Rider struck shirou with her 'nails' why does it broke?? When she threw the first 2 her nail is able to penetrate his body perfectly.

How old is archer rin and shirou??

How far do you need to get away from being caught in someone's reality marble??

How fast can archer or shirou traced noble phantasm??

About the rank of noble phantasm what I meant is how does the fsn staff determine the rank?

Against Bazzete Fragarach: The Sword of the Gorging War God does any servant stood a chance??

Can archer/shirou traced Fragarach: The Sword of the Gorging War God??
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 22:55   Link #1788
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
Umm who is Takeshi again??
The other founder of T-Moon, Nasu's childhood friend since high school.

More random question:

Quote:
Other than the spell which Illya uses on Shirou does she know any other techniques??
As far as I know, I haven't seen her use her magic on anyone else other than Shirou. Using command manta doesn't count. Illya's family excels in manufacturing dolls and drawing various magic circles, which neither are not that often used in battles.

Quote:
How much is Illya's reserve??
Good question. To be honest, I don't know...

Quote:
What is mana burst??
Similar to 'chi' usage in real life, by concentrating large amount of mana and expelling it out at one part of the body, Saber is able to exert tremendous power in that part(like a jet engine). That is how she managed to match blows equally with Berserker, and to accelerate to the speed of sound within miliseconds.

Quote:
When Rider struck shirou with her 'nails' why does it broke?? When she threw the first 2 her nail is able to penetrate his body perfectly.
She Rider struck Shirou with her nails it broke because it hit the swords that leaked out from Shirou's reality marble which was on the edge of going out of control. The first few hits was not hindered because reality marble was still stable and hidden well within him.

Quote:
How old is archer rin and shirou??
It wasn't specified, but for a high school student, about 16-18?

Quote:
How far do you need to get away from being caught in someone's reality marble??
Depends on whoose reality marble you're talking about.

Quote:
How fast can archer or shirou traced noble phantasm??
Give me 24 more hours.

Quote:
About the rank of noble phantasm what I meant is how does the fsn staff determine the rank?
How Nasu determine the rank is complete up to him. If he think something should be very powerful then he'll make up a rank and tons of reasoning on how it won't die even when it is killed...
According to Nasu, the more famous and faith people of the age the Noble Phantasm is used have on the hero, the more powerful it is.

Quote:
Against Bazzete Fragarach: The Sword of the Gorging War God does any servant stood a chance??
No.

Quote:
Can archer/shirou traced Fragarach: The Sword of the Gorging War God??
As long as it is a sword, it should be easy job for them. Even if it is not, yes they can still do.
Old 2008-05-01, 07:25   Link #1789
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
Depends on whoose reality marble you're talking about.
Unlimited Blade Works and Iskander's NP....

Just to be on the safe side I want to ask Iamandragon when you said shirou cancel do you mean deflect, totally destroy the other NP along with shirou, or both NP went flying in different direction??

Is Lancer class hailed to be the most agile or the fastest servant??

Fragarach: The Sword of the Gorging War God is strongest when the servant uses his/her strongest abilities or noble phantasms??

Since most of the weapons in GOB is prototype of Noble phantasm then the NP that archer traced is about as strong as the real NP itself right??

Quote:
llya's family excels in manufacturing dolls and drawing various magic circles, which neither are not that often used in battles.
Manufacturing doll? You mean change the peep into dolls? If she does change them into dolls can she changed them back??

What is the use of magic circle??

Is there a possibility that archer does not use UBW in fate route against Berserker??Cause instead of charging towards Berserker and stabbing him like in the anime he could just fire the blades towards him right???
Old 2008-05-01, 11:46   Link #1790
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Unlimited Blade Works and Iskander's NP....
No idea about Unlimited Blade Works. For Iksander's Reality Marble apparantly it has a minimum range of 100 metres(size of the sea monster captured), and it can fit 1,000 extra soldiers in it with space for horses to charge forward.
Spoiler for calculations for exact dimensions:

Quote:
Just to be on the safe side I want to ask Iamandragon when you said shirou cancel do you mean deflect, totally destroy the other NP along with shirou, or both NP went flying in different direction??
I guess you're talking about the final battle with Gilgamesh.
There are two phases of the final battle--before UBW and after UBW.

Before UBW is expanded, deflected, as described by Shirou.
After UBW, either destroy, or knock the weapon out of Gilgamesh's hand. The former requires broken phantasm which Shirou haven't learned yet, and since Gilgamesh doesn't know how to hold a sword while Shirou have been trained by Saber, so I believe the later is of a higher chance.

Quote:
Is Lancer class hailed to be the most agile or the fastest servant??
Agile. Rider is fastest...

Quote:
Since most of the weapons in GOB is prototype of Noble phantasm then the NP that archer traced is about as strong as the real NP itself right??
Traced weapons are always weaker than the ones targetted.

Quote:
Manufacturing doll? You mean change the peep into dolls? If she does change them into dolls can she changed them back??
Changing people(e.g. Shirou) is a branch, making homologous is the better word to describe them. Illya's herself is considered a miracle by her family(see Fate/Zero) as she is the daughter of her mother, who is also a homologous.

Quote:
What is the use of magic circle??
Which one?

Quote:
Is there a possibility that archer does not use UBW in fate route against Berserker??Cause instead of charging towards Berserker and stabbing him like in the anime he could just fire the blades towards him right???
Yes there's always the possibility, since the game did not describe so. Just use your imagination.
Old 2008-05-03, 08:25   Link #1791
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Oops I better rephrase some of my question...

What is magic circle??

The prototype of noble phantasm is still a noble phantasm right?? So doest that mean they have higher rank than that noble phantasm??

Unlimited Blade Work is a high rank forbidden sorcery which only mastered by very few said Fuyuki...How can archer a.k.a Shirou managed to achieved such a feat???

Saber fought at a speed of sound?? Is that an exaggeration?? Cause if she does then shirou is no match for dark saber then...

To unleash the true power of Noble phantasm one must need to say their name...That's what you said Iamandragon...but then what is Kanshou and Bakuya true power??

The pegasus Rider rode...are they summoned???

Rho Aias, each petal has the same power as a fortress right?? So if Saber blasted her excallibur beam towards the user of Rho Aias will the excallibur beam still manage to penetrate it??
Old 2008-05-03, 15:10   Link #1792
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Oops I better rephrase some of my question...

What is magic circle??
A magic circle is often used as an agent in accomplishing mystic in Fate/Stay Night. Usually drawn with substance full of magical power, such as molten mana-charged-jewels(see prologue of game), however skilled magicians are capable of designing magic circles so efficient(?) that regular substance such as mercury can be used(see Fage/Zero), another extreme case is where the magic circle is completely drawn with mana alone(see Fate route of game).

Quote:
The prototype of noble phantasm is still a noble phantasm right?? So doest that mean they have higher rank than that noble phantasm??
Actually, a Noble Phantasm is only a Noble Phantasm when under influence of magic. The weapon that appeared in history are not Noble Phantasm. One can say only weapons that have a legend is a Noble Phantasm. The longer and well known the legend of that weapon, the more powerful it becomes.
That being said, the prototype Gilgamesh have is actually the prototype of the weapons other servants own, given that all magical artifacts are modifications of them--since it is the prototype, it means it has a longer history than that the servants own, and being the same weapon the fame of both are the same, making Gilgamesh's Noble Phantasms always that little much stronger.

Quote:
Unlimited Blade Work is a high rank forbidden sorcery which only mastered by very few said Fuyuki...How can archer a.k.a Shirou managed to achieved such a feat???
Reality Marble is the one you're talking about--Unlimited Blade Works is an example of a reality Marble.
Shirou is a special case. In the Nasuverse, every person have a 'source', giving each person a 'meaning'. Usual people are not able to reach their 'source' and thus this doesn't have much impact on them, unless they are a magician, who will then be always seeking out and trying to reach their own 'source'.
You guessed it right. Shirou's source is 'swords'. Being with Avalon, an magic artifact that is even of higher status than true magic(?) for all these years, Shirou's 'source' is pried open and thus he managed to learn everything about swords(in the form of UBW)

Quote:
Saber fought at a speed of sound??
Yes
Quote:
Is that an exaggeration??
No
Quote:
Cause if she does then shirou is no match for dark saber then...
He did made a match.

Quote:
To unleash the true power of Noble phantasm one must need to say their name...That's what you said Iamandragon...but then what is Kanshou and Bakuya true power??
I'd like to reserve this spoiler until you play the HF route(to get you interested). But if you insist on knowing right now, pm me...

Quote:
The pegasus Rider rode...are they summoned???
Probably.

Quote:
Rho Aias, each petal has the same power as a fortress right?? So if Saber blasted her excallibur beam towards the user of Rho Aias will the excallibur beam still manage to penetrate it??
Yes. Excali-beam is actually the most efficient when against fortress type defense.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2008-05-03 at 15:21.
Old 2008-05-04, 07:16   Link #1793
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
He did made a match.
He shouldn't be...because during training Saber totally own shirou without breaking a sweat and she hold back because shirou is her master. Against Dark saber who won't hesitate to kill him how can shirou stood a chance??

The strength of noble phantasm depend on how famous and how much faith people got on the noble phantasm. Does this include time?? I mean will archer be as strong as in Fate Stay Night when he was summoned after he died??

Gilgamesh got the prototype of noble phantasm that other servant own?? But isn't balmung/gram sword(a protoype of excallibur or calliburn) a noble phantasm for siegfried??

Ive given more than 24 hours so how fast can shirou/archer traced swords??

You said saber got more battle experience than archer...How do you know this for sure?? We don't even know how old is archer when he was executed.
Old 2008-05-04, 09:10   Link #1794
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
He shouldn't be...because during training Saber totally own shirou without breaking a sweat and she hold back because shirou is her master. Against Dark saber who won't hesitate to kill him how can shirou stood a chance??
Because of his traced weapons.

Quote:
The strength of noble phantasm depend on how famous and how much faith people got on the noble phantasm. Does this include time?? I mean will archer be as strong as in Fate Stay Night when he was summoned after he died??
Time is included--I'm not sure about what you mean here about Archer...can you say it in a more simple way?

Quote:
Gilgamesh got the prototype of noble phantasm that other servant own?? But isn't balmung/gram sword(a protoype of excallibur or calliburn) a noble phantasm for siegfried??
Yes, his Gate of Babylon often raised many bugs...

Quote:
Ive given more than 24 hours so how fast can shirou/archer traced swords??
I'm sorry, but I failed to compute it mathematically...

Quote:
You said saber got more battle experience than archer...How do you know this for sure?? We don't even know how old is archer when he was executed.
Archer's battle experience all comes from his weapons--he on his own does not have any close combat experiences. His weapons traced is so precise that he is able to wield the weapon with the skill of the previous owner, but of course slightly weaker(due to the down 1 rank rule of tracing)
Old 2008-05-04, 09:24   Link #1795
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
Time is included--I'm not sure about what you mean here about Archer...can you say it in a more simple way?
When archer is summoned NO ONE knows anything about archer true identity. This is because he is summoned from the future right?? Let's say in a different timeline after archer died someone assembled the holy grail and thus the holy grail war starts again. Then one of magi summoned archer. Will he be strong as archer in Fate Route??

What is GAR and tsundere??
Old 2008-05-04, 14:50   Link #1796
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
When archer is summoned NO ONE knows anything about archer true identity. This is because he is summoned from the future right?? Let's say in a different timeline after archer died someone assembled the holy grail and thus the holy grail war starts again. Then one of magi summoned archer. Will he be strong as archer in Fate Route??

What is GAR and tsundere??
For GAR and Tsundere:
Japanese Otaku Lingo thread

Look through here and you'll find it.

Why would Archer be weaker or stronger than in Fate/Stay Night? His skill is a combination of his own training [Example: Eye of the Mind] and tracing, which augments his own skills. I don't understand what would make him weaker or stronger, aside from a weaker or a stronger master.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 18:46   Link #1797
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

For GAR:

There's this recent post in the image that explains it really well:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3375
Old 2008-05-09, 08:11   Link #1798
Blade_Reaper387
@/_\@

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Caliburn is simply powerful enough to take out 7 lives of Berserker with one hit because of its power--and all 12 in 1 go with a fully, properly charged Excali-beam, according to Illya. (see bad end 8)
I was just wondering, if that's the case then isnt caliburn like stronger than excalibur since shirou can slash out berserker's arm and even kill him (with saber's help of course) without using any/much mana .....
Blade_Reaper387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 11:22   Link #1799
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

That's true but the fact it can only take 7 lives out of Berserker...thats the limit of calliburn. Excallibur beam however can took out all of Berserker's life in one shot provided its fully charged if Im not mistaken.

Quote:
Why would Archer be weaker or stronger than in Fate/Stay Night? His skill is a combination of his own training [Example: Eye of the Mind] and tracing, which augments his own skills. I don't understand what would make him weaker or stronger, aside from a weaker or a stronger master.
Tsk.
Quote:
Illya:Hero spirits are the soul of heroes long past,called back into the modern world. Of course you know that, right Rin? Being the souls that they are affected by the lgends we've come to know them by. And the more well known the spirit in the world...the stronger it becomes! That being said how can there be anyone who can defeat Heracles?!
If this is consider to be true the reason arturia heracles and other servants are strong is because of the famous legends spread to the extent of the FSN timeline in other words until the 5th holy grail war. If you don't know Hercules nor King Arthur theres still many others do and so one or two peeps not knowing wouldn't really make that much a difference. That being said you could say it is pretty much the reason 2 servant and shirou are needed to defeat the great Greek hero Hercules. Archer?! We don't know anything except he's the future shirou theres something bad happen to him that makes him act like that and he plays an important role in UBW route. Servant spirit are strong if their mana reserves is high their noble phantasm is of high rank and how well known that servant is.

Question:

Is lancer a womanizer??

Is it true that Nasu fell in love with Kanshou and Bakuya sword and thus they make debut in FSN??

Avenger is an anti-hero and so is rider so how can they be summoned from the throne of heroes?
Old 2008-05-09, 12:40   Link #1800
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
That's true but the fact it can only take 7 lives out of Berserker...thats the limit of calliburn. Excallibur beam however can took out all of Berserker's life in one shot provided its fully charged if Im not mistaken.

Tsk.

If this is consider to be true the reason arturia heracles and other servants are strong is because of the famous legends spread to the extent of the FSN timeline in other words until the 5th holy grail war. If you don't know Hercules nor King Arthur theres still many others do and so one or two peeps not knowing wouldn't really make that much a difference. That being said you could say it is pretty much the reason 2 servant and shirou are needed to defeat the great Greek hero Hercules. Archer?! We don't know anything except he's the future shirou theres something bad happen to him that makes him act like that and he plays an important role in UBW route. Servant spirit are strong if their mana reserves is high their noble phantasm is of high rank and how well known that servant is.
And their master as well. A master will allow the stats of servants to rise/fall accordingly. For example, when Shirou is the master of Saber, her mana was only 'B' while Rin gave her 'A' in mana. Note that a better master does not always rise luck, though. (Saber with Emiya Kiritsugu as master had 'E' for luck...)

Quote:
Is lancer a womanizer??
No. He's just plain wild.

Quote:
Is it true that Nasu fell in love with Kanshou and Bakuya sword and thus they make debut in FSN??
Really? Where do you get this impression from?

Quote:
Avenger is an anti-hero and so is rider so how can they be summoned from the throne of heroes?
Due to the summon of angry mayo in the third HGWar, the HG is tainted, and thus resulting in the possibility of the summoning of anti-heros.