AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-18, 22:44   Link #401
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Until it's stated otherwise, my initial guess that the contract has Lelouch becoming immortal/like C.C. is still on the table.
Just remembered, but wouldn't this simply destroy Lelouch, having to watch Nunally die and still living on. He may not be fighting just for her anymore, but he'd die with her if she was going to die.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 22:46   Link #402
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, that depends on what happens and how one views it. If he were immortal, he could watch over her and the world he creates. She's going to die eventually, though he probably expects himself to go before she does.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 22:51   Link #403
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Just remembered, but wouldn't this simply destroy Lelouch, having to watch Nunally die and still living on. He may not be fighting just for her anymore, but he'd die with her if she was going to die.
C.C. warned him about that before she offered the contract to him, of course this all just speculation.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 22:53   Link #404
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah and he was prepared to accept it. He may not like it in the end if that were the case, but he could eventually live with it I think. He'd be able to watch over her for the rest of her life as well as the rest of the world. He could watch over Nunnally's descendents too (if she has any).

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-18, 23:58   Link #405
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Yeah and he was prepared to accept it. He may not like it in the end if that were the case, but he could eventually live with it I think. He'd be able to watch over her for the rest of her life as well as the rest of the world. He could watch over Nunnally's descendents too (if she has any).
Wasn't he always preparing for that though? To eventually secure a place for Nunnally, a person to watch out for her, even without him? It just didn't come true in the way he expected, that's all... >_>
Old 2008-05-19, 08:41   Link #406
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, one can say they are prepared for something, but still be surprised or something when it actually happens. Of course, this is in the case that something like this ends up happening in the end or not.

Old 2008-05-19, 13:05   Link #407
Used Can

Quote:
Well, one can say they are prepared for something, but still be surprised or something when it actually happens.
That's only natural, since one way or the other, he is still human. Just take a look at that episode in S1 when he said he was prepared for carnage, and in the next episode when he killed Shirley's father he felt terrible.
Old 2008-05-19, 13:11   Link #408
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, and I suppose to some degree C.C. is like that too with how she started out not wanting any personal connection with Lelouch other than business one.

I wonder how C.C. is going to explain talking to Marianne. 25 gave the impression she would tell him everything eventually. Maybe she'll let Marianne do the talking.

Old 2008-05-19, 13:20   Link #409
Used Can

Am I the only one who'd rather see Lelouch learn the truth about Marianne from a 3rd party and not from C.C.? I'd really like to see what his reaction would be if he came to realise C.C. has held many of the answers he has wanted all along. He'd probably have been able to prevent some deaths if he would have had that information. I'd really like to see a Lelouch full of rage lash out at C.C..

Mind you, I'm quite sure C.C. has had good reasons not to have told Lelouch anything, but misunderstandings like this are always interesting to see when people are supposed to be cooperating.
Old 2008-05-19, 13:26   Link #410
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Am I the only one who'd rather see Lelouch learn the truth about Marianne from a 3rd party and not from C.C.? I'd really like to see what his reaction would be if he came to realise C.C. has held many of the answers he has wanted all along. He'd probably have been able to prevent some deaths if he would have had that information. I'd really like to see a Lelouch full of rage lash out at C.C..

Mind you, I'm quite sure C.C. has had good reasons not to have told Lelouch anything, but misunderstandings like this are always interesting to see when people are supposed to be cooperating.
Well, he might hear the truth from Schneizel or the emperor at some point. If C.C. then confirms to him that it really is the truth and/or that she already knew that, Lulu's gonna be pissed, alright..
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 13:26   Link #411
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I could see him running into V.V. and V.V. telling him everything for kicks. Lelouch would be absolutely furious with her and actually could end up hating her for keeping the info from him. There's nothing that's going to make that better unless she does something and the only thing I could see is her dying.

I hope there are good reasons for it. I expect Marianne to talk with Lelouch at some point and I hope she explains everything.

Old 2008-05-19, 13:47   Link #412
KrimzonStriker

I think it'll be fine for the most part, after getting past Nunnally that kind of thing seems like cakewalk to get over now
Old 2008-05-19, 14:03   Link #413
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't think so really. That subject is even more touchy with him than Nunnally is I think so he'll be very angry with C.C..

Here's something though: What does Marianne get out of helping C.C.? Someone brought this up in the 7 thread, but what if what C.C. is supposed to guide Lelouch to is the throne? I don't like the idea personally since I don't want Lelouch being the ruler of Britannia or something in the end. It actually seems plausible though.

Old 2008-05-19, 14:29   Link #414
KrimzonStriker

But he gave up the rebellion, even the means of finding out his mother's death in order to save Nunnally. If I had to measure it I'd say Nunnally comes out over revenge, and now he's replaced that with conviction that he's fighting for more then just that, for everyone now, and for a chance at happiness.

I doubt it really, it just really, really, really seems like small potatoes considering the mystical forces they are playing with here >_>
Old 2008-05-19, 14:38   Link #415
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Maybe, but he'll be angry if only for a time. It depends on how he finds out I suppose.

Well, I was only speaking of what Marianne may have wanted. C.C. could still want her own mystical wish.

Old 2008-05-19, 14:48   Link #416
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Here's something though: What does Marianne get out of helping C.C.? Someone brought this up in the 7 thread, but what if what C.C. is supposed to guide Lelouch to is the throne? I don't like the idea personally since I don't want Lelouch being the ruler of Britannia or something in the end. It actually seems plausible though.
Well, maybe. sof ar it seems like Britannia may have been behind the murder of Marianne, but then one might argue for what reason. Perhaps she was C.C.'s accomplie and was killed for that, perhaps she found out about the emperor's plan and attempted to stop it - or perhaps she was plotting to make Lelouch THE successor to the throne and was killed for that - or soemthing like that anyway. There's many possible causes as to why she was killed and until we know why, many things as far as C.C. and Marianne's plans as far as Lelouch and his rebellion goes will remain completely in the dark.
Old 2008-05-19, 14:51   Link #417
Used Can

Now that we're talking about Marianne, I wonder what are the requirements to talk with dead people. At first, I thought only C.C. and her kin were capable of doing that, but I remember at the beginning of Ep. 6 in S1, the Emperor said he was talking with Clovis (this is, after Clovis' death).
Old 2008-05-19, 15:28   Link #418
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Now that we're talking about Marianne, I wonder what are the requirements to talk with dead people. At first, I thought only C.C. and her kin were capable of doing that, but I remember at the beginning of Ep. 6 in S1, the Emperor said he was talking with Clovis (this is, after Clovis' death).
He could have been using V.V. as a medium.
Old 2008-05-19, 16:00   Link #419
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, maybe. so far it seems like Britannia may have been behind the murder of Marianne, but then one might argue for what reason. Perhaps she was C.C.'s accomplie and was killed for that, perhaps she found out about the emperor's plan and attempted to stop it - or perhaps she was plotting to make Lelouch THE successor to the throne and was killed for that - or soemthing like that anyway. There's many possible causes as to why she was killed and until we know why, many things as far as C.C. and Marianne's plans as far as Lelouch and his rebellion goes will remain completely in the dark.
I'm sure about Britannia being behind it myself. I think it's possible that Marianne set the whole thing up or V.V. did it. Though I suppose the latter could be considered Britannia.

All those scenarios could work. Actually, all three could be linked though this is speaking hypothetically. I don't know if the rebellion is really so much an aspect of their plan as it is Lelouch's wish. Of course, if the whole thing was set up then I guess it could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
He could have been using V.V. as a medium.
I've been thinking that could be the case as well. Meh, we'll find out exactly what has been going on eventually.

Maybe the SoA allows for that since it's related to Geass.

Old 2008-05-19, 16:18   Link #420
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I'm sure about Britannia being behind it myself. I think it's possible that Marianne set the whole thing up or V.V. did it. Though I suppose the latter could be considered Britannia.

All those scenarios could work. Actually, all three could be linked though this is speaking hypothetically. I don't know if the rebellion is really so much an aspect of their plan as it is Lelouch's wish. Of course, if the whole thing was set up then I guess it could work.
Indeed, it's hard to come to any other conclusion than that the murder of Marianne was done from within Britannia - but as for who did it (The emperor? Schneizel or any other rival? or was it all arranged by Marianne herself?), well,t hat remains a mystery. But Lelouch could very well find out in the end that he wasn't the true "mastermind" behind the rebellion, only the catalyst for it, sorta.