AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-04-22, 20:47   Link #21
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
I suppose romance speculation can go in the speculation thread, and the character threads. how about a Sheryl Vs. Ranka , who will win Alto's heart tyoe thread, there already seems to be a lot of discussion along those lines in the Ranka and Sheryl threads.
I prefer staying from making that kind of thread until and unless the story starts shifting in that direction. As of now, Sheryl and Ranka seem to be more interested in each other (get your mind out of the gutter! ) than in Alto, so I feel that it's still premature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
Also would a fansub comparison thread be kosher?
It'd be better to leave this kind of discussion in the episode threads (where they probably fit better anyways) than to create a new thread for this. As long as the show is still listed by AnimeSuki and unlicenced (and it's probably going to stay that way ), I don't see a problem with such comparisons.
Old 2008-04-23, 03:51   Link #22
Westlo
Lets be reality

How about a thread like "Favorite scenes from Macross"? So much stuff to choose from!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 08:20   Link #23
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

That seems to be the quotes thread, maybe a rename to "favourite quotes and scenes"?
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 08:23   Link #24
4Tran

Good idea. I've always felt that the two were interlinked.
Old 2008-05-02, 11:16   Link #25
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The first episode of Macross Frontier is almost the same as the Deculture version, so there isn't all that much new to discuss that we haven't covered in the last few months. I'd rather hold off on creating a speculation thread until either the second episode airs or there's more new information to speculate on.
In episode 5 we had a nice computer monitor capture with some interesting news about Vajra's internal structure so it could be the right time to open a Vajra-related thread imho.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 23:11   Link #26
4Tran

Wouldn't discussing the Vajra fit in the Speculation thread, or do you think that it needs a different thread altogether? If it's the latter, can you write up a post that can be transformed into an OP?

In any case, I think that it's about time for a general character discussion thread.
Old 2008-05-03, 02:16   Link #27
ipernorris

Quote:
Wouldn't discussing the Vajra fit in the Speculation thread, or do you think that it needs a different thread altogether? If it's the latter, can you write up a post that can be transformed into an OP?

In any case, I think that it's about time for a general character discussion thread.
I think the Vajra deserves a specific thread because their true showdown is imminent and we have already been told quite a bit about them in episode 5.
Yeah I can write an OP post: do I post it here and then you move it into the new thread when it is "complete"?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 02:28   Link #28
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I think the Vajra deserves a specific thread because their true showdown is imminent and we have already been told quite a bit about them in episode 5.
Yeah I can write an OP post: do I post it here and then you move it into the new thread when it is "complete"?
That's right.
Old 2008-05-05, 01:07   Link #29
ReddyRedWolf

How about a Macross Human-Zentradi society discussion thread?

It occurs to me that the fleets have different configurations, laws, population composition, and culture.

Not to mention colony worlds like Eden.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 12:56   Link #30
4Tran

That might be a good idea for the future. However; we've only got Macross Frontier and Macross 7 to work with so far, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of fodder for much discussion beyond that. For the time being, you can use either an episode thread to discuss what we see there, or the Mecha & Technology thread for any comparison/analysis purposes.
Old 2008-05-05, 20:29   Link #31
neoeagle

Requesting Michel character discussion thread.

He will be a big part of the story from the looks of this.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 00:08   Link #32
4Tran

Please discuss his character in the General Character Discussion thread for the time being. If his importance gets greatly elevated, a separate thread would then be more warranted.
Old 2008-05-19, 08:43   Link #33
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, TK and myself were discussing some stuff (mostly Macross fanfiction projects and OC works), and we got to thinking about a somewhat crazy idea: A Macross Original Charecter & Fanfiction Discussion Thread.

Kha doesn't really like tech stuff so TK and me are keeping him in line with Valk tech specs. Basically, a Macross version of the Nanoha OC thread, but much, much saner.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 08:52   Link #34
Westlo
Lets be reality

How about a manga thread for Frontier as well? I wouldn't mind talking about a few things in the manga and we also have a second Frontier manga starting up very soon.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 08:54   Link #35
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

More like I've not as much as tech appreciation for Macross as for Gundam, thus limiting my ability to move around here. But I'd definitely second the idea, because of the good it'll do. Macross F has infected me in a big way, and like in Nanoha, I'd definitely want in on an OC fiesta!

The Macross Original Character Creation and Discussion Thread will be safe for as long as we can humanly keep it from the scum of the 1nternetz. And we've got a proven track record.
Old 2008-05-19, 17:54   Link #36
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
So, TK and myself were discussing some stuff (mostly Macross fanfiction projects and OC works), and we got to thinking about a somewhat crazy idea: A Macross Original Charecter & Fanfiction Discussion Thread.

Kha doesn't really like tech stuff so TK and me are keeping him in line with Valk tech specs. Basically, a Macross version of the Nanoha OC thread, but much, much saner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
More like I've not as much as tech appreciation for Macross as for Gundam, thus limiting my ability to move around here. But I'd definitely second the idea, because of the good it'll do. Macross F has infected me in a big way, and like in Nanoha, I'd definitely want in on an OC fiesta!

The Macross Original Character Creation and Discussion Thread will be safe for as long as we can humanly keep it from the scum of the 1nternetz. And we've got a proven track record.
It's probably best to keep any fanfics in the Fan Creations forum. If any of you have questions about the technology in Macross, or historical events and the like, feel free to ask them here. On the other hand, if you have a compelling reason for an Original Character thread in the Macross forum instead of the Fan Creations forum, please point it out; I'm not totally opposed to the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
How about a manga thread for Frontier as well? I wouldn't mind talking about a few things in the manga and we also have a second Frontier manga starting up very soon.
Sure. I haven't read the manga, but I hear that the anime version has already passed the events of the Shounen Ace manga (and that the anime is way better to boot), but the prospect of a second manga definitely makes a new thread more viable.

Write up an opening post in this thread, and I'll turn it into a new thread.
Old 2008-05-19, 19:25   Link #37
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
It's probably best to keep any fanfics in the Fan Creations forum. If any of you have questions about the technology in Macross, or historical events and the like, feel free to ask them here. On the other hand, if you have a compelling reason for an Original Character thread in the Macross forum instead of the Fan Creations forum, please point it out; I'm not totally opposed to the idea.
I think the Macross universe is worth its own dedicated OC and fanfic thread because its actually a rather large universe; close to 50 years to play with, and that's not considering any possible mutations in trying to reconcile with Robotech.

Also, it's probably my opinion, but from my experience in the Nanoha OC, a dedicated thread made sure that every one who visited the thread were Nanoha fans at the base, but each bringing their own spin into the universe; I feel that is important, since fanfics are technically coming from the same source material, and Fan Creations might just be too general for the thread to thrive.

And because it IS a dedicated Macross thread, authors who deal with only Macross fics and characters will have a more suitable home, and where other Macross fans who had ideas for a fic/OC but not the clues or the guts to put it into words, can find a place of like-minded individuals where they can air their thoughts, and thus contribute to the growth and development of Macross fanfic & OC flora for the good of all.

(Pardon me; I'm a hardcore idealist... )
Old 2008-05-25, 20:28   Link #38
4Tran

On giving this careful thought, I'm going to decline creating an OC thread. If you're still interested in creating one for Macross, please post it in the Fan Creations forum.
Old 2008-05-28, 17:40   Link #39
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Macross - carrots appreciation thread
Old 2008-05-30, 22:40   Link #40
4Tran

No. That kind of frivolous thread is one of the reason why this is a limited forum to begin with.