|2008-05-20, 22:44||Link #765|
Evil Chewy Thing
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: A Place Where The Wind Arrives
1)+2) Kanon 2006 + Rozen Maiden
I can't decide which I like more anymore; both very good series; the second of the two with a surprising amount of plot depth. Lovable characters.
3) Code Geass - The fact chess is played properly in this series alone is enough to put it on my top 5, not to mention all the other awesome things the show brings along.
4) Clannad - Humor, nice art/music, and some depth; isn't that what everyone looks for in a a series?
5)+6) Full Metal Alchemist + Shakugan no Shana
Nice characters, decent action, and a very nice plot with FMA; Shana has interesting characters and concepts, along with some amazing OPs.
|2008-05-22, 16:42||Link #767|
All hail Oyashiro-sama
In no particular order
CLANNAD - I felt more connected to these characters than any from the other Key anime, probably because I've played the game. And they're not as unrealistic. (Well...Fuuko isnt quite, but she's loveable x3 )
2. Higrashi - It had the perfect blend of "WTF"-ness and a good story. The first time I watched this, it really creeped me out xD (Our house is in the middle of the woods and it was in the middle of the night)
3. Death Note- I'm not really that big of a fan of it anymore...D: My interest always fades after something's over, but, It's up here because of how awesome it was to me while watching it.
4. Air - My second favorite one of the KEY games.It just gets slightly beaten by Clannad, even though the story here is better. Theres something about this anime that I just love. The characters are quite unrealistic (except for Yukito), but they were likeable . Especially Misuzu, Yukito, and Minagi. I think it would have been so much greater if Kyo-Ani just concentrated on Misuzu's story ( in a way better than the movie). With the other arcs (as much as I loved them), it looked too random. D:
5.This is tough... but, I'm gonna go with Ouran, because of how much it could cheer me up and how completely random it was.
Honorable mentions : Kanon 06 (was great, but I felt it was missing...something) , Claymore (it was enjoyable at the most), Rozen Maiden ( I need to rewatch it, but I enjoyed it and it twas fun)
|2008-05-27, 09:22||Link #769|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eden Hall
Even though i watched over 80 anime so far, there are only few i really liked.
In no particular order:
-Bartender (could probably be first ranked)
The animation may not be top notch, but the art is amazing. The colours, the setting... even the dozens of bottles you see behind the counter. For a show full of dark colours, it shines better than most shows today.
The voices fit perfectly for every character and the music is superb, at least for my taste.
The story may seem boring but in it lies it's brilliance because of it's simplicity und authentic slife-of-life moments. The narrations of both, the male and female, narrators fit and the presentation of some scenes is just beautiful. Be it the introduction of a new drink with shiny sparkles, or the monologue of some characters.
It's one of those rare shows that makes me feel something, that soothes my heart and touches my soul. I can't help but smile everytime i start my VLC to watch it and, if only for a brief moment, escape to the warming atmosphere of Bar Eden Hall.
I'm kinda sad this jewel doesn't seem to get as much attention as it deserves.
Pachelbel's Canon is one of my favourite pieces of music, so kudos for that alone.
But besides of that, Kanon was a very touching gem and my favourite of that genre.
Of course, another one of Key's/KyoAni's works. This one has a good mixture of drama and comedy, which is art in itself to do.
-Code Geass / R2
Hooked from the first episode i once again couldn't help but smile through the whole first Episode of the long awaited second season.
Waaah, i totally forgott Ah! Megami-sama!
Mea maxima culpa. ;x
Really good lighthearted romantic comedy. I just hope they continue with a third season.
Last edited by Narzia; 2008-06-10 at 15:41.
|2008-05-31, 02:15||Link #772|
Join Date: May 2007
In the order that I finished watching them...
Haruhi Suzumiya (1st fansubbed anime I ever watched, so I've got a soft spot for it)
Full Metal Panic (great blend of action/comedy/romance)
School Rumble (best male lead, Harima Kenji)
Gurren Lagann (epic)
Aria (no other anime like it)
|2008-06-01, 09:10||Link #774|
The :< point of view...
Join Date: Oct 2007
No order, plx
Sukisho (my first (and great!) shounen-ai)
Cowboy Bebop (with film)
Complete Shinkai's work
Honorable mentions: Chobits, Sketchbook, True Tears, Futari Ecchi, Cromartie High School
|2008-06-05, 01:22||Link #776|
Join Date: Jun 2007
My Top 5 Favorites (of what I've watched so far):
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Full Metal Panic!
3. Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
4. Fullmetal Alchemist
Some other animes I REALLY liked:
Black Lagoon and Outlaw Star - These two really animes came close to Cowboy Bebop, which is why I enjoyed them
Naruto - Would have made my list if it weren't for the brutal fillers and slow pace of each episode.
Code Geass and Gundam Wing/SEED - I'm a fan of mechas and I enjoyed these three animes.
Fate/Stay Night - Saber ftw?
|2008-06-07, 11:58||Link #780|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
1. One Piece
2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
3. Dragonball (Mostly due to nostalgia... I've seen tons of shows that could be considered "better")
5. Azumanga Daioh
I'm not 100% sure about 4 or 5, as there are several shows which I just consider "really freakin' awesome" without being quite sure which of them are the best.
|lists, top five|