AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-03, 04:16   Link #741
Raging Heart
Lightning Devil

Send a message via MSN to Raging Heart
[QUOTE=Fenris Blacwell;1630211]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart View Post

What/who is Black Hawk?

black Hawk i made it up, the black hawk as i see is high being once black hawk become one at what it process.

in my character case Karu, Karu process with black hawk when she was six.

i am working on Karu's profile snice last night, i writen the spells.
Old 2008-06-03, 04:47   Link #742
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I have watched it. Don't blame me blame the handbook or whatever for saying flat out that the Arc-en-Ciel's blast radius is larger then the firing range and any ship firing it has to transfer after firing.
When we have a visual counter example and are feed horseshit int official sources it's normally fairly safe to go with the visual and common sense.

Quote:
I still say the TSAB is a police force not a military - yes even with its odd ranks and many powerful weapons. Yes I know the military does arrest people but a military's main job ISN'T too arrest people. I mean you never see the TSAB do anything other then arrest people or capture Lost Logia anyway.
That's you're reasoning? To call it flawed is a vast understatement acutally there ARE militray units whose main job is arresting people they're called Gendarmerie and while in peace time they perform police functions at home among civilians in war they also just as often deploy oversees with the other units of the nations military of which they are a branch. Simply going "They arrest people" proves nothing never mind in the face of the mountains of evidence to the contrary the ranks, the titles of the forces (Navy is an unambiguously military term), and there observed roles which includes enforcing there governments agenda on foreign soil. Police forces don't go other nations and interfere in there affairs at the behest of there government... militaries do.

The TSAB is a military with policing roles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Regarding the Arc: IIRC, there was a cutscene somewhere in that shot. After that, we saw Asura watch the explosion from a position.

The thing is, we have a contradiction. And while visuals often truimph text, this is one of the cases where the text has a higher specificity - there was a cut scene and the text is explicit that Range < Blast Radius, thus, there was some missing time. The ship transferred in that missing time to outside the Blast Radius.

At least it says something nice about the efficiency of the transfer...
And yet they seemed to intend to fire the weapon from orbit... Also a cut dosen't really prove anything you can just as easily argue that they didn't move during it and for the sake of my sanity I WILL NOT accept a weapon with a blast radius larger then it's range end of debate. Never mind that a giant spaceship gun with a range of possibly as little as 100km would be anemic beyond words.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2008-06-03 at 05:01.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 05:26   Link #743
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

..... I am seriously resisting the heavy urge to tear into the deliciously ironic hypocrisy here.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 05:55   Link #744
Raging Heart
Lightning Devil

it's done, yep i made it, here is Karu's profile.

Name: Karu Takashi
Nickname: Lightning Devil.
Birthday: 12th Feb.
Eyes: A mix of blue and gold
Hair: Black.
Hair style: reach till her shoulder blades, her hair tied in pony tail.
Magic System: Belka and Mid-childa.
Magic Color: blue, dark blue and black
Occupation/Rank: TSAB, Special Agent.
Mage Rank: B
Favored Element: Lightning and Shadow.
Device: Destiny.
Familiar: Willow.
Appearance: Karu looks like Fate, they both look like a twin but the hair color, eyes and style are not the same.

History: Karu lost her parents when they were at trip, she was the only survivor of her family, her life change from that day, Karu along with her parents went to cruise, the ship stopped at island, Karu along her parents and some of passenger went to look around, they all got in cave, the only thing Karu saw is the black hawk real form before she black out, she didn’t remember anything of what happen, Karu moved to leave with her aunt and her family, Karu began to change both in her behavior and appearance, she become more aggressive, her blue eyes mix with gold, Karu is known as dangerous girl because she kicked ten boys on her own, Karu been castaway by others, she became lonely till she met a mage her name is Karai Tenshi who change Karu’s life, Karu began to learn magic from her teacher Karai, Karu learned how to control black hawk abilities, when Karu active her black hawk mode, Karu’s eyes become pure gold also a face of black hawk tattoo appear on her face (she looked like Devil Jin when the tattoo appear), Destiny was given to Karu by Karai, she learn how to create a familiar with a little help from Karai.

Personality: Karu is the type of person who can be your friend and also your enemy that make her hard to figure. Not being afraid to speak her mind, Karu will speak regardless of who she upsets, Karu is type who work alone, she’s shy about the people who don’t know, easily got embarrassing when someone tease her, she’s has sense of humor, she’s caring, kind and gentle, she also sensitive and hothead, aggressive – protective.

Device name: Destiny
Device type: Intelligent Device
Stored mode: a pendant has blue jewel (looks the same as Raising heart)
Command Phrase: Strike.
Address Karu by: Master.
Destiny looks exactly like Bardiche but the blade is broad at the top and thinner at the bottom, thinning out in straight line, the jewel is blue, Destiny retrofitted with a revolver-style cartridge system, Destiny has three forms: Haken, Lightning blade and Spear.

Familiar: Willow is Karu’s familiar, she has green eyes, she can change her from to a little fox, woman-fox, woman and fox-demon, her hair in woman-fox and woman is red, Willow process with fire element, she’s strong and powerful, also fast, Willow process with fire element.

Cloths:-

Barrier Jacket: dark blue blouse, sleeveless jacket, black trousers, belt, armor boots, black fingerless gloves.

Light Form: dark blue top, chest armor, steel gunlets and steel boot, belt.

Knight armor: dark blue top, black gloves, black and dark blue battle jacket, black trousers, mini open skirt, belt and the skirt gains several plated armor patches.

Fight Styles: hand to hand combat, marital arts and street fight.

Offensive Spells:

Lightning ball: Karu crouches a little and pulls a hand behind her. she focuses energy in the palm for about a second and a half, and then let’s loose with a blue lightning ball.

Lightning Hammer: thunderbolt hit the target when Karu swing Destiny like a hammer.

Shadow coffin/s: this attack to catch and hit her target/s at same time then shock them.

Lightning befall:- this attack can uses to

Black Dragon nova: Black fire beams; that spell can only be done when Willow is around.

Massive lightning balls: balls of lightning appeared around Karu before it grow bigger and aim at her enemies.

Lightning Lancer: An attack that shoots several magic beams, which can then be controlled by Karu. This is a close second in terms of most used spells, mostly due to the increased hit rate and the ability to control the shots after firing.

Lightning swords: swords made of lightning aim at enemies.

Hawk claw: this spell only be use when Destiny in haken form.

Wave of death: this spell is powerful take a wave from, it can wipe up troops on mages.

Order of chaos: that spell is the most powerful of Karu’s spell, this spell can destroy the enemies with single one blow (this spell can be done only when Karu in Black Hawk mode.)

PS: new spells will appear later on fic.

Defensive Spells:

Light flash: this spell can make someone blind for few moments, which make Karu escape.

Blocker: a defensive barrier such as Protection. It can defend a wide range of directions, but are relatively easy to break easily broken.

Shield: a defensive spell can only guard in one direction, but are much more difficult to penetrate. It’s much stronger can Blocker; this defends by repelling the energy driven against it.

Double shields: a defensive spell much stronger than Blocker and shield, it guard in two directions.

Force field: Defensive spell, it surrounds Karu or other in a blue field of energy.

Eco Scatter: Fires several bursts of magic like waves. Karu can also shatter the spheres, scattering them into many tiny magical particles into the air, which disrupt other magical abilities already active. When used like this, it is designed to break magical prisons, illusions, force fields and bindings.

Lightning binds: a spell can use to hold the mage on it’s place.

Hawk Full Drive: a spell to power Destiny attacks or defensives.

Shadow Move: An instant movement speed, used to close or create short distances. Karu has mastered the use of Shadow Move in combination with Lightning shooter.

Lightning Move: A movement increase speed of great proportions. This move literally shoots Karu forward in an aura of blue energy, this spell is mostly used to withdraw, give chase or get to a scene as fast as possible.

Binds breaker: a spell to break magic binds.

Last edited by Raging Heart; 2008-06-03 at 14:01.
Raging Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 06:14   Link #745
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
When we have a visual counter example and are feed horseshit int official sources it's normally fairly safe to go with the visual and common sense.
You know... funny you should mention visual 'counter' example, because the visuals we have only prove that the Arthra moved away:

Do note that they're watching the explosion from a viewscreen, and behind the viewscreen we see no sign of the explosion whatsoever. Also, there is no sign of the earth. Clearly they moved away after the shot was fired.

Quote:

Spoiler for length:
*sweatdrop* Wow, I feel flattered. This has to be the first OC based on Keroko-chan.
Old 2008-06-03, 06:17   Link #746
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
..... I am seriously resisting the heavy urge to tear into the deliciously ironic hypocrisy here.
The problem you'd face is I have canon on my side IMO there 'sno way to prove IMO that the ship moved and indeed the scene hardly implied it it did as we see the weapon fired, streak to the target, and strike all in one continous shot. The only thing that prevents it being a slam dunk is that there's a perspective change as it fires so we can't see the ship and the target in the same scene, but given that it was a BEAM and was maintained for a noticeable amount of time after initial impact it seems pretty clear to me the ship did not move a noticeable distance.

I've also said before that I can accept allot, but at some point SoD gives out and I'll just no, fuck you writers no. Some ideas are simply too stupid to accept or defend and a weapon with a blast radius longer then it's range is one of those. No rational military force or person ANYWHERE would commission such a thing also if you want to argue against me you're just helping the "TSAB sucks lol!" guys. Writers are often stupid and when faced with that stupidity in it's rawest form and I'm given the slightest out I'm going to take it. We're at that point with this the idea and compounding this is that the range in question is comically small for a weapon on a spacecraft acutally being possibly shorter then some modern artillery pieces. Frankly if it's range is that short it's useless as a weapon against anything vaugely mobile it'll NEVER hit anything in space and in the atmosphere cruisers seem too sluggish to chase down anything moving faster then a helicopter. (as you might well expect given there less then aerodynamic shape and size)

Regardless IMO hypocrisy is an overused term thrown out by people without a clue as to it's meaning way too frequently/ For my position to be hypocritical I'd have to be arguing one thing while supporting or doing another and I'm not IMO. I've ALWAYS preached looking at visuals over dialog and I've also always said that while we should strive to use in universe explanations and canon as much as possible in some cases the writers will give us some shit that's clearly so stupid that we really should just disregard it (see the 5km long Executor with it's 144 fighters...). While it’s always a last resort we sometimes do need to simply throw up our hands and concede that the writer just didn't think something out and it simply makes no sense (see the former example) or is too convoluted and contradictory to really come up with a right answer (see the merry-go-round circle jerk about Barrier Jackets which IMO will never really end) and we should instead use common sense and logic to try and come up with something better. You strive to keep as much as you can and don't just disregard it all for slight errors, but when confronted by grievous stupidity something has to give.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2008-06-03 at 06:40.
Old 2008-06-03, 06:25   Link #747
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*whistles and points at the above post made while Tk was writing*

Anyway, as I've said before many times, sometimes you have to remember that the TSAB has acces to technollogy that is more advanced then what we have here, and applying normal militairy logic fails. Yes, the Arc en Ciel has a radius longer then its range, but how is that insane? After all, the TSAB ships can just fire, and transfer away. Its even safer then throwing down a nuke, as there is no way the blast can hit you when your in an entirely different dimension.

As for the hypocrisy, that was refering to the 'scene change doesn't count' even though scene changes were the very base for your defense in the Barrier Jacket debacle. Reversely, it was also aplied to Ark who suddenly values text over visuals. The irony of it was just too much not to comment on.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-06-03 at 07:51.
Old 2008-06-03, 06:25   Link #748
Raging Heart
Lightning Devil

Quote:
You know... funny you should mention visual 'counter' example, because the visuals we have only prove that the Arthra moved away:

Do note that they're watching the explosion from a viewscreen, and behind the viewscreen we see no sign of the explosion whatsoever. Also, there is no sign of the earth. Clearly they moved away after the shot was fired.

*sweatdrop* Wow, I feel flattered. This has to be the first OC based on Keroko-chan.

well i told you, you gave me an idea so here it is, Karu still i have to work on it.
lolz this fic will be more fun.

the more fun is to make this fic a crossover with other anime.
Old 2008-06-03, 07:58   Link #749
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Karu Takashi:
Name starts with K... Melees quite a bit with some ranged ability... Pretty well balanced spell loadout... Not only does she resemble Keroko, she also has elements of Kha in it.

In fact... It resembles both Kha and Keroko... Karu lost both her parents... Masaka!

*runs around screaming in Khrack*

Though I got to admit you need to tighten the language of some parts, for they can be misinterpretted for h4xx. Like Order of Chaos being able to destroy someone in one hit without much drawback is a particularly glaring one I can recall. And for the Wing of Death, did you mean destroying troops of mages like Excalibur does, or destroys troops and mages alike, implying an ability to ignore technological defences as well as magical?

Quote:
the more fun is to make this fic a crossover with other anime.

ANIKI!!!

*glomps Raging Haato happily why shedding manly tears of joy.*
Old 2008-06-03, 08:15   Link #750
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:

This is the ship seconds before firing:

(yeah okay fine the target isn't on screen but the big glowly column is a good indication were it's going to be in a second or so.)

Once it DOSE fire the beam strikes the target in less then two seconds… So basiclly you’ve got a window of maybe 2 seconds to escape or be obliterated. Yeah I don’t think that’s dangerous AT ALL. Another thing to note from the image is that the ship is in very close to the same plane as the target with the planet below them this is important because…

-1 You couldn’t even SEE something ship sized (and the target is probably smaller still) effectively at even 100 kilometers with your naked eye so to even observe the results well you’d need magnification and thus view screen.
-2 The screen is above her the camera is behind her looking up and continues to pan upward which means that we can’t see what’s over the ships bow. Let alone below it (which is where earth would be assuming the ships bottom is toward the planet, which this being sci-fi it IS after all the ship can’t be “upside down”!) Since we know the ship started out roughly on the same plane as it’s target the waves could be occurring just below or even in front of them and we couldn’t see them, never mind earth.

But fine then the TSAB best weapon has a range shorter then a modern rocket assisted artillery shell which means it would have to drop into planetary atmosphere to attack anything thus allowing it to be intercepted by all manner of weapons that normally would be useless against a space ship. The TSAB Navy is thus feeble beyond imagination and laughably useless in fact a planet on earths life quite possibly COULD apparently defeat them assuming they where willing to use stuff like nukes to attack the ships. Congrats you've made the TSAB suck even harder!

Old 2008-06-03, 08:26   Link #751
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Ummm..... RH? You remember what I said about good spelling and grammar being VERY GOOD THINGS to use in a fanfic? That applies to character profiles as well. Otherwise it seem pretty decent so far, a lot better than my first attempt at an OC.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 08:37   Link #752
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Name starts with K... Melees quite a bit with some ranged ability... Pretty well balanced spell loadout... Not only does she resemble Keroko, she also has elements of Kha in it.

In fact... It resembles both Kha and Keroko... Karu lost both her parents... Masaka!

Kha and Keroko's illegimate child that was forgotten?

Though Keroko forgetting she has a child fails to compute, this Khrack is powerfull...

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-06-03 at 09:43.
Old 2008-06-03, 09:14   Link #753
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Er... TK, after reading the DVD booklets, and seeing the pictures, I got:

1s: Athra fires Arc.

1.5s: Athra phases out.

1.6s: Gravitic shockwave passes over Athra's original spot.

2s: Phase back, when the danger is already over, and all that is left is a pretty rippling lightshow of reality recovering back to its original status.

I don't see anything bad there, just perfect exploitation of their ship's ability to throw a nuke point blank and come back to lul in whatever's left in the enemy's face.

As for your latter point, didnt we see ships of a bigger class taking out the Cradle at range with no fuss? Yes they weren't using Arc~en~Ciel, but it shows that they HAD other cannons BESIDES the Arc; They can nuke from orbit using other types of cannons, which is perfectly within reason. I can personally imagine larger ships having the sophistication to carry another variant of Arc that is much longer ranged and practical, if they want to nuke from orbit.

Athra was just fitted with the most powerful cannon it could carry on top of its boarding assault crews, and due to its size, it doesn't have enough "barrel" to shape the Arc's spell blast to work at a longer range, and so it skirts around being in its own blast radius by phasing. And it might be that only smaller and faster ships like the Athra can perform this skipping procedure, which is what made the designers decide to slap a weapon so much bigger than it could feasibly carry.

I anticipate the question of why did a ship so small had such a big gun? I'd say it wasn't only the gun it had, and so to round off the ship, they gave it a cap ship cannon that it had to do some nifty footwork to operate. It was a "Break only in emergency" button after all. When all the other guns wouldn't work, they would have this.

As for whether the other guns exist, we've never seen a situation where Athra had to fire any of her guns. And when she did, her lesser guns would do nothing to the target, thus leaving her with the weapon she's try not to use.

You have to see it from my perspective, which I believe is very simple:

1. It's canon.
2. It works.

And when its those two, it just means that we haven't got the whole picture, and probably never will. THAT is where fanfics fill the gap. That is where I stand, by the TSAB zoning of wargear, talent and tactics, the guns on ships that we never see, the boyfriend we know is hinted to exist but is never on screen (), etc, etc.

Stuff that we never see on screen or anywhere, but stuff that will make up the complete picture. Stuff that may be Khrack, but if that Khrack makes canon work, I'd say just take it.

@Keroko: I was thinking UBW KhaxKeroko ending extended into a future Bad End, resulting in Karu getting lifepodded and eventually raised on the Takashi farmstead.

My overactive imagination should be no surprise by now I hope...? ^^;

And already, Karu is close to being Claire Kent/Supergirl with that spelllist and secret power.
Old 2008-06-03, 09:25   Link #754
Raging Heart
Lightning Devil

Quote:

Though I got to admit you need to tighten the language of some parts, for they can be misinterpretted for h4xx. Like Order of Chaos being able to destroy someone in one hit without much drawback is a particularly glaring one I can recall. And for the Wing of Death, did you mean destroying troops of mages like Excalibur does, or destroys troops and mages alike, implying an ability to ignore technological defences as well as magical?

ANIKI!!!

*glomps Raging Haato happily why shedding manly tears of joy.*

let me get it clear Wing of death is not stronger as Order of chaos, Wing of death can destory 20 enemies, and Wing of death can be use when Karu in normal form.

order of chaos is stronger, Karu can't use it unless she's in black hawk mode, it worn out Karu casuing her to sleep for two days if she use it without using Black Hawk mode.

and well about the crossover with another anime well i can't decide which one; Strawberry panic or Kannazuki no Miko? anyone can help me to choose one of these.

about the grammers well i am kinda sucks with them, english is my second language.

speaking of Karu well lets not go a head of us.

Karu is another mage knight she will work with Keroko, Nanoha, Fate and Hayate, guess what kinda of mess they all will be.
Old 2008-06-03, 09:28   Link #755
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Er... TK, after reading the DVD booklets, and seeing the pictures, I got:

1s: Athra fires Arc.

1.5s: Athra phases out.

1.6s: Gravitic shockwave passes over Athra's original spot.

2s: Phase back, when the danger is already over, and all that is left is a pretty rippling lightshow of reality recovering back to its original status.
I know they revise things for the DVDs but that's a completely different version than what is in the TV. Do you have screenshots?

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2008-06-03 at 09:37. Reason: Moving away
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 09:35   Link #756
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Bleh, we're doing it again. I'll move this to the tech thread.
Old 2008-06-03, 09:35   Link #757
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

You know, there's a reason why we have a magic and tech thread, guys. And I think Raging Heart is waiting for opinions on her OC.

*EDIT*
Whoops, looks like Kero beat me to it.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 10:03   Link #758
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

We interrupt your friendly discussions for this special announcement.....

Tick tock, tick tock.

The seconds run so quietly by.

Tick tock, tick tock.

The minute hand follows laboriously behind, determined to reach its goal.

Tick tock, tick tock.

The Hour stands in silent anticipation.

Tick tock, tick tock.

It is near.

Tick tock tick tock.

Tick tock tick tock..... tock.

DONG. DONG. DONG.

4th June 2008, 0000 JST.

The time is here.

And so it begins.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYATE-CHAN!

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 10:12   Link #759
Aaron008R

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAYATE!!!

[Load Cartridge...]

Wait for it, Hayate.
My assorted presents in a few hours!!!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 10:20   Link #760
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Geh, it's still the third over here.

Screw this! One birthday present, away!

'Cause I know you love a photoalbum of your familly.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content